Where is Cybertron located?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by meirelle, Aug 6, 2011.

1. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

I've always wondered where Cybertron is located, and I haven't been able to find an answer. Is it in this galaxy, another galaxy? :/

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

It's in the Hadeen System, within the Milky Way Galaxy.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I have also been wondering this for a while. Thanks for the answer, Stryker!

EDIT: Source? Just wondering where you found this, as I never could.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Space, man. Space. :p 

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Allspark Almanac Vol. II, which has the insane map of the entire system. If you don't have it, buy it. Seriously. $15 on Amazon. Buy it now.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Second star to the right and straight on 'til m... wait, hang on. That's not right.

It orbits the star called Lambda Scorpii, which is in the Scorpius constellation. There we go.

7. meirelle

ಠ_ಠ

So that's in Animated, huh? I might have to buy it. :) 

Anyhow, I did some digging, and apparently IDW Cybertron is located in the Shaula system. Interesting. It's kind of an unusual system. If this was organic life, I wouldn't be buying it, but since they're mechanical life-forms, I guess their planet can orbit whatever the hell kind of star it chooses.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Either in the outer part of our solar system or a solar system over after "Ultimate Doom" close enough that TFs could fly there in a few hours.

9. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Didn't the first issue of the Marvel comic say it was Alpha Centauri?

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never liked when the fiction claims Cybertron is in another galaxy. I'm pretty sure TFP has made that claim. I just find it too distant.

Really ancient cybertronians? You couldn't find a planet in your own galaxy to use as your trash heap? If Earth has this much crap on it, their home galaxy must be the planet of junk... the entire galaxy of junk.

But I'm glad to hear at least some of the continuities realize our own galaxy is plenty big enough for both our worlds.

11. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

You DARE steal my joke? YOU MUST DIE!!

On topic: I've never actually gave any thought about where Cybertron was outside "In our galaxy". After all, it's overshadowed by quite a lot of other questions concerning our favorite race of transforming robots. :D 

12. meirelle

I'm the same way. Having Cybertron in another galaxy is a little too unbelievable for me. Unless, of course, the Transformers spent millions of years traveling to Earth... and if that's the case, WHY DON'T YOU PICK A PLANET A LITTLE CLOSER TO HOME???

13. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    Alpha Centauri was the planets home in issue 1 of the marvel comics.

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the Marvel Comics, Cybertron was originally located in Alpha Centauri, before being shaken from its orbit and drifting throughout the cosmos. The unofficial Simon Furman story, "Alignment", makes mentioned of a "Hadaen" system that the Transformers are exploring the outer fringes of, potentially suggesting that by the time of the story's events - some time after the Generation 2 comics - the planet had made its way there. Conversely, in the Dreamwave comics, it remains located in Alpha Centauri in the present day.

The Generation 1 cartoon consistently identified Cybertron through visuals and dialogue as existing outside of the Milky Way galaxy. It was teleported into Earth's solar system in 1984, then went on to drift out of it over the ensuring 20 years, have repositioned itself somewhere off in space by 2005 (to the extent that the planets of Junk and Quintessa were now between it and Earth). Presumably, it remains within the Milky Way.

In the IDW comics, it is located in the Lambda Scorpii system. In Animated, it is within the Hadeen system, named for the Hadean system from "Alignment". Both are within the Milky Way.

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Without actually knowing where it's located, I was going to claim (in Star Trek terminology) that it's in the "beta quadrant," and it turns out Alpha Centauri actually is in the beta quadrant