Where is Blitzwing for Generations/RTS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Doctor Scalpel, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

I'm feeling very disappointed that this guy has not gotten the renewal treatment that he deserves.
    Most of the main characters in Transformers has already been made and it seems to me that he is the only one left.

Even Wheeljack, Perceptor and Tracks has been made now. He is the only deluxe sized dude that has not been made ( I say this because I do not expect Metroplex, Trypticon to be done and also the combiners)

Am I missing anyone else?

I can only think of some of the minibots (I may be wrong, they may already or are to be released)

*okay a quick check has the following undone as well.

1. Shockwave
    2. Skids
    3. Dinobots other than Grimlock
    4. Insecticons
    5. Reflector
    6. Soundwave
    7. Arcee

Where's the love for triple changer Blitzwing???

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    There's still a few like Hoist and Trailbreaker... Shockwave...

Blitzwing should be a Voyager...

3. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll take one of each please. : )

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reflector is being made as a repaint of Perceptor.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    It would be difficult to put a triple changer into a deluxe, and they don't usually turn out very well. Classics Astrotrain.

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

*sigh* Why do so many people refuse to regard Generations Cybertronian Soundwave as the official Classics Soundwave?

7. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

Oh yes thanks for pointing it out but I'm gonna move for Perfect Effect's for sake of accuracy and cool factor

It just doesn't belong in the G1 universe mate. If anything, I'd regard the Music Label soundwave as the official classics representative

8. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

We've had two examples of pure triple changers so far, Octane and Astrotrain and I have to agree they didn't turn out quite well.

I actually quite like Octane though, the final product was a bit underwhelming considering the good pictures they fed us, (well, at least I was very very very excited about it)

I thought that Octane had 3 modes which were quite decent and much better than Straxus' 3 modes which is more like 2 and a half

I mean come on, Blizwing's Tank and Plane interchange will be awesome and the only excuse I can afford them is that they're still working on it!

Can someone please ask if they are working on it come botcon?
    PLEASE?!!

9. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

That's just nitpicking. Generations Perceptor, Reflector, Frenzy, and Rumble don't have their G1 alt modes either. But then again, you're the type who would use Perfect Effect's figure for Reflector rather than the official release so why am I even bothering to argue?

10. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker, Hoist, gears, Sandstorm

I would also aggree with removing reflector as his toy is in the works (not that im gonna buy it PEhave done an awesome job)

Overall though we could probably get all these in another generations type line at the end of the year or begining of next year scary eh?

11. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

it's not only the alt mode man
    Sure, the alt mode is not a tape player and that sure sucks but that's not the only thing

The whole motif in robot mode; it's got g1-esque features I agree but the front grill on the chest, the shoulder blades makes it less of a g1 accurate character. Plus, he already belongs to the WFC universe which we're bound to get more figures from in the future. I rather keep him there. Music Label Soundwave fits in much better with the Classics line

Anyway, i'm sure the reason why these 3rd party companies are doing well is cause they give us the accurate figs and PE reflector is accurate as hell.

Why say "as the type who would use Reflector rather than the official release"?

You make it sound like we're an elitist group that's not supportive of Hasbro but really, this is just consumer taste. I wouldn't buy FP's Wreckgarr now that Hasbro's version is sweet as shit.

this is deviating from the thread, it's not even about 3rd party vs hasbro. we have tonnes of those threads. I'm talking about hasbro releases and what they have not made yet.

So Reflector is gonna be made.

Moving on.

12. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

isn't trailbreaker the legends release?

hoist and Gears yeap those would be sweet as well.

13. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Man, I must be the only one who thinks Classics Astrotrain turned out fine - I really like the figure.

14. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually I'm quite happy with the little guy too. Octane just feels messy, but oh well.

And getting back to the original topic; I do agree that we need Blitzwing. Generations/RTS is answering a lot of long-standing fan wants such as it is with Jazz, The Conheads, Blurr, Wheeljack, Kup, Perceptor, and Wreck-Gar alone.

15. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I love astrotrain, especially the henkei one. We are still lacking some characters, but i believe after the movie if not before we will get most of what we all want.

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Um, I'm pretty sure Hasbro said we wouldn't be seeing any TCs this time around....

17. Doctor Scalpel

Doctor Scalpel Banned

that's just sad.

Here's hoping that they'll change their mind soon. I'm starved of Blitzwing love.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

No, I'm quite fond of both Astrotrain and Octane. The nature of triple changers will inevitably wind up with some alt mode kibble regardless of size class. I'm seriously thinking that the only way to make the fandom happy is to have a toy that has a seamless alt mode which turns into a kibbleless robot.

At which point someone will bitch about it.

19. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    That I Dislike....

20. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do people keep wanting BW as a Voyager? Astrotrain and Octane are deluxe, so the trio should be finished in the same size.