Where is Barricade?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kipco, Oct 14, 2007.

1. kipco

kipco Cybertronian Relastate

Okay, you guys are completely out of my league when it comes to Transformers info. My question for you is "where is Barricade?" The two toys i want the most is a titanium and leader class Barricade, even a Voyager class. Granted there are R.C.'s, cyber slammers, etc... but I need more! After reading the prequel book I assumed that Starscream and Bumblebee would carry the movie but after seeing it Bumblebee and Barricade were the two main robot characters. Barricade was the main decepticon while all the others were just firepower. Why is there not more toys of him? Is there an issue with the licensing of his alt mode? While Brawl was cool and all I don't want a voyager class of him. Any info on more toys guys??

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Barricade the main decepticon? Hmm, I guess he gets more face time per se, but he dissappears before the big battle and we never see him again...

Other than Recon Barricade, not sure if there are anymore coming out...

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, not including repaints, there is the Deluxe, FAB, Legends, and Cyber Slammers versions of him that I can think of off the top of my head :thumb .

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If we are out of your league, why are you asking us?;) 

As of now there are no plans for any voyager or leader class Barricades, a fact for which I am thankful.

Personaly, I think the movie line has been milked too much. There's already suitable figures for all the characters, and now it just seems like repaint after repaint. I would much rather have Hasbro put more effort into animated and Classics 2.

Unless they release a Leader Starscream, I've had enough movie toys to keep me till the sequel.

5. kipco

because you guys always have the info I'm looking for. I've been going to this site for a long time but have just now signed up.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It was a joke. The way you wrote it implied you had way more info on TFs than us, hence my ;) .

7. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Who am I to know, but they should make some more Ultimate class figures. Since they have Bumble Bee, they could have Barricade as the counter-agent.

But as usual, you can't always get what you want.

Hey SPLIT LIP, would a Voyager/Leader Bonecrusher change your mind a bit? There was the rumor about the Voyager class quite a while back.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No. Bonecrusher is fine as a deluxe for me. And it wasn't a rumour, HLJ or eHobby Just mis-priced the deluxe BC at the Voyager price point. There were never any plans for a Voyager BC.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Frenzy was DEFINATELY more prominant on screen than Barricade OR Megatron.

That being said, yes, we do need a 3" Barricade, and maybe a Robot Heroes Recon repaint.
    DN

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Barricade doesn't apear in the final battle becuase he's in the sequel.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually the original scripts had him die right after Bonecrusher. It was really an oversite to show him in the sequence where all the other Decepticons showed up - Since then he'd simply have been assumed to have perished when Bumblebee beat him.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That is pure rumour. There were many reasons why his death following BC was never animated, one was that he might return, but not likely. The only Characters for sure in the sequel right now are Sam, Mikeala, Prime and most likely BB.

13. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    So, you've read the non-existent, actually being used, complete, official script?

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, kipco... I'd like to see more Barricade toys myself, since Barricade has become my #1 favorite Decepticon (it's the alt-mode, I swear!). But I don't know if they'll come out with any more. But if what they say is true, that they've saved Barricade for the upcoming sequel, then they might make more toys of him. Just keep your fingers crossed.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    won't be a voyager or leader class figure of barricade for the same reason that there won't be the same class figure of bumblebee. scale. while transformers traditionally ignores such a thing, lately (meaning we're excluding supreme cheetor) they only up-size characters who the size class makes sense for. brawl was big, much bigger than his deluxe class figure was when compared to the other deluxe characters. so he got a leader class figure. this is the same reasons many fans are not able to shut up about wanting leader class blackout and starscream. their massive sizes in the movie would justify the upgrade. having a barricade that towers over bonecrusher, jazz, and bumblebee would not make any sense at all.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That...doesn't make a lot of sense. The only thing stopping Hasbro from making every figure leader size is profits. If they thought they could make money off of a leader size figure for every character, you can be damn sure they would make them - hence the huge Mr. Popularity Bumblebee figure.

I mean seriously, why wouldn't they? Do you really think scale issues win out over profits for Hasbro?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Besides MMM's point, there's also the fact that Bonecrusher, one of the smallest deluxes, was just as big as Brawl movie-wise in both Alt mode and Bot mode. And of course Blackout was *the* biggest decepticon in the film yet his voyager toy is one of the smallest in history. None of the 'cons are in scale toywise. The 'bots come close but the fact that Ratchet is taller then Ironhide by a good few inches kinda ruins that too.

Still, I would <3 a Voyager Bonecrusher and Leader Blackout, as it's less about scale and more about two awesome bots needing much bigger toys. SS can wait till the sequel.

18. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

At Dunkin' Donuts.

19. kipco

Size doesnt need to make sense. They're just toys! Look at Primus and unicron. They should have been as big as my house if they were accurate.