Where is Autobot City/Metroplex?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Victory Leo, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Victory Leo

Victory Leo Well-Known Member

Watching The Five Faces of Darkness Part 5 I'm thinking Autobot City/Metroplex is on the Nevada or Arizona border of California. I'm playing this angle based on the local of area seen and that when Trypticon is thrown he goes over the redwoods toward the ocean (in my opinion), so Nevada is the more likely option.

However, the UK comic does suggest that Autobot City was to be built near the Ark, so in the Pacific Northwest which could also work if Autobot city ended up being built near the Oregon/Washington border near the Southern part of Washington, which is a desert (weird I know ... nothing like Seattle), which could still give the trees and would actually have a coastline more like that seen in the animation.

Thoughts?

Victory Leo

2. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    You're theory sounds good to me. Though I thought they'd be closer to Africa being they could drive there in about 2 hours:p 

3. Victory Leo

Uh ... yeah distance in all of G1 is ... debatable... I mean the driving to Africa part, or the North Pole, or New York in a few minutes ...

But for those who read this post, which do you think is more likely? Nevada or Southern Washington? Or do you have a different suggestion?

Victory Leo

4. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably one of those countries that end in "-stan".

5. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    All kidding aside, I like your take on their location. Based on what we see It makes the most sense. Perhaps Southern Washington. Aside from New York episode the bots have traveled to San Francisco and Seattle. Seems logical my man.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've always thought it was in Oregon. Which is where I SHOULD be.

7. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

well in the movie hotrod clearly mentions Lookout Mountain, and it's from there that he and daniel observe the shuttle with megatron and starscream coming in. Lookout Mountain is along the Alabama/Georgia border. So autobot city is very near there.

8. Victory Leo

9. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

There's another Lookout Mountain in the Ochoco Mountain Range in the Pacific Northwest. (There's seven of them in the US alone. It's like the "Springfield" of mountain names; every mountain range in America has at least one.) Also, while they may share a common origin, Autobot City and Metroplex are too different entities with a distinct difference. Metroplex is mobile, Autobot City is (presumably) not.

Short answer: Autobot City is in Oregon. Metroplex is wherever he damn well chooses to be at that moment.

10. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

HAHA.... good one and I agree.

11. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stan Bush?

12. Heracles Max

Heracles Max Forticon Leader

I think it is here, where the red dot is.

As a Georgia native, I always thought the Lookout Mountain mentioned was the one located in my state. I figured the artists took some liberties with the location appearance to make it work with the fight that took place.

I have not seen anything to the contrary, however, I have not seen all of the TF content there is to see. But, I always considered that Metroplex was created when Autobot City was repaired. I thought that they upgraded the city's structure to be a sentient being more capable of defending itself via its more fully realized transformation. Makes sense to me, if not preceded by a canonical assertion.

I also wonder what they did with Starscream's foot or pieces of said object. Springer might have it on his desk or some such. :lol 

13. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I believe Autobot City is located in the southeastern United States if Daniel's shuttle-tracking watch in the movie is any indication.

14. Victory Leo

First off ... I'm sure Springer has the foot. ^_-

Next though, what about Daniel's shuttle watching places it in the southeast?

The Georgia idea shouldn't be ruled out and my earlier ideas were based off Five Faces, and Metroplex is mobile. However, on that idea none of the ideas have been ruled out yet. So the movie and the Rebirth should be looked at then?

Thoughts?

Victory Leo

15. Lunar Archivist

When Daniel pulls out his shuttle tracker handset, you see a map overlaid with the shuttle's incoming trajectory as it approaches Autobot City for a landing. This is a frame from when the blip stops moving, suggesting that it's slowing down for descent:

[​IMG]

This is my interpretation of the displayed map:

[​IMG]

Admittedly, this isn't concrete evidence since the shuttle could have moved significantly from this point after the scene cuts away from the tracker's screen, but it's a definite possibility.

16. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

in autobot state, in autobotica on planet autobot, in the autobot system, in the autobot galaxy.
    the autobots are horrible at naming things.

17. Victory Leo

Hmmm...

I have to say Luna your evidence seems to work best. So does the physical geography of the area match? And can it match with the Five Faces of Darkness? Or do we accept the idea that Metroplex was just out and about for a walk? ^_-

BTW, did you make that image Luna? If so great job!

Victory Leo

18. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Hmmm, desert in Nevada? Alien robots?

Area 51, maybe?

19. Lunar Archivist

To be honest, I'm pretty terrible with geography but I catch details like this relatively well if I pay attention. I once did something similar for an episode of Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon, where I analyzed some satellite footage maps displayed onscreen and discovered that the building where the bad guys were hiding out was actually adjacent to the Toei Animation Studio (which animated the series) as a cute in-joke on the part of the series creators. I also figured out Kim Possible's home state this way. Call cartoon geography a hobby of mine, I guess. :D 

I don't know if the environment matches, to be honest. I've read in some places that it doesn't, though I guess that largely depends on whether or not Autobot City is considered to be in close proximity to Mount St. Hilary (the crash site of the Ark).

The pop-up trivia on the movie DVD mentions Tennessee as the state in which Lookout Mountain is located, but, as someone in this thread pointed out, there are seven mountains with that name in the U.S.

Thanks for the compliment, but which image were you referring to, exactly? The screen capture or the bad comparison map? :) 

20. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I always thought it was Alaska.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]