Where have all the Transformers gone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Jan 5, 2008.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Holy Crap! There are no Transformers in my town. Yesterday, I went to Walmart, Kmart, and Target. The shelves are empty. I think between all 3, I saw maybe 5 Transformers. 3 of them were the Robot Heroes, the large BB toy, and a SWTF Death Star, that looked like it had been opened, cause it was falling over in the box. I know Christmas just went by but holy shit! I've never seen it so empty.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    sold out. hottest toys of 2007. anything not grabbed by a kid/adult fan is on ebay.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I posted this over in this thread: Are stores bias against transformers?

(this should help answer your question, man)

Usually after the holidays, the Transformers sections are bare. Parents go nuts buying little Jimmy all they can. I literally stood there just before Christmas (the Transformers shelves were 3/4 wiped by then) and watched an old guy push people out of the way while on his cell phone yapping "they have this one called Negatron or something--they have a few of him". I just shook my head and walked away.

(yes, he said Negatron with an "N")

After Thanksgiving and Christmas, it always seems to be barren on most Transformers, videogames, and things of that nature. It usually takes a bit to get the new shipments in and ready to put back on the shelf. Have faith, they'll arrive soon. The Transformers gig is in full swing and I don't thin it will let up between now and the next live-action movie. We'll have the next wave of Classics/Universe, TF Animated, and more movie toys than we can shake a stick at before long. Just think of it as "the calm before the storm" and save up the cash while you can. Odds are, you'll be throwing it away like a madman once these toys do hit shelves.

As for now, the stores are using the empty space to stock other toys until the next shipments of Transformers are ready to set up (I don't work there or at any toy store for that matter, but I know it from experience and asking those that do work there). They will come, be prepared!

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I know how you feel man. I just got back from my Walmart and the TFs are gone. So back to the internet I go for my Transformer shopping needs.

5. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Would be bad, if they don't restock, I still ain't got the Voyager Blackout, and had to hoard my money the past months for my Wii, wich now took the place of my Gamecube(got several Disc-Read-Errors while playing in the last 6 Months, was a Release-Day-GC). Now I'm open for a bit of TFs again (still wanting the Internet-Channel on my wii, which i might be able to get on Monday, if the Stores have at least one 500Points-Card left).

Also one of my favotite Supermarkets had VoyagerPrime(have Leader), now VoyagerMegs and hopefully Blackout in the next time, they're about 8€ under the actual Standard-Prizing, and only offer one Voyager-TF at a time, so hopefully it will be Blackout next.

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    All that I've seen on shelves in the last two months have been Cyber Slammers. EVERYTHING else is gone.

(And that's across about 14 stores as well)

7. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After your Walmart resets there toy aisles, they should be restocked for a little bit. I know some targets have started to restock this week.

8. Kluster Bombs

Kluster Bombs Real One

2 Walmarts are fully stocked on TF toys over here but other toy lines are still empty.

9. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I think stores are just recovering from Christmas. My target did get a shipment of movie Transformers last night though. I picked up a final stand with Long Arm and the busted Bumbleebee in it. (by the way, does anyone know if that little Megan Fox figure driving in Long Arm is removable or not?) I also got another concept Bumbleebee.

10. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    christmas totally whiped them out around me.

11. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    It has been a very Transformer-less Christmas/New Year here.

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Transformers and Joes pretty much sold out everywhere. I see the occasional leader class every now and then, but not much besides that.

Personally I'm happy for the bare aisles. I need a break from the hunt and constantly buying something new.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Just wait they'll restock very shortly.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    odd aint it?

At all 4 of my local wal-marts (and local to me is the towns around here that do have a Church of Sam Walton), one target and the local TRU and KB are TF free zones right now.

i wanted to get the Galactic Heroes Shockwave figure i saw two days ago and it is gone now.
    the only TF on the shelf anywhere here is that Nightbeat 7 mp3 player.

but if you were to look to the end of the aisle, there are still Spiderman 3 figs with a 2 inch layer of dust on em from this past Spring.
    same with the power rangers.

but i already know from my wally world connections that they are hanging the reset grids and getting ready to fill things up this week.
    it is all good.

15. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

All the Wal-Marts in my area got a ton of deluxes in but only the old ones. None of the Allspark Power. Target restocked a ton of the exclusive scouts but only the old ones. I saw Evac, First Strike Prime & Nightwatch Prime. I picked up First Strike & Nightwatch, now everything is gone. I've seen some of the old voyagers show up, Blackout, Starscream & Ratchet.

They get one large shipment, it sells out in a couple days & then it's about a month or two before they get another shipment. They really need to figure out a way to keep the shelves stocked at all times. I'm really tired of stuff showing up in waves all the time. You have to buy everything all at once or wait another few months til you see it again. If the stores can keep Cap'n Crunch in stock at all times they can do it with everything they sell. They just choose to be idiots when it comes to the toy dept.