Where Godmasters the Most Powerful Transformers Ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Backscatter, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm currently watching Metrodome's Masterforce DVDs. This is the first time I've seen the episodes in order with those terrrific sub-titles. I digress. Anyway, the "Godmaster" seems to be more powerful than the "Powermaster". Godmasters control three energy sources:

Tenchoken - The power of the Heavens
    Chichoken - The power of the Earth
    and Jinchoken - The power of Man

These Godmaster Transformers heal almost instantly from battle damage, including healing any injury to the human counterpart.

Conversely, The Westernized Powermasters only seemed to have the combined intelligence of the partners through "Binary-Bonding".

Powermaster Optimus Prime, to the best of my knowlege, never pulled off a "Fire Guts" routine either.

Anyway, IMHO, Godmasters would only be second to the power of Primus or Unicron.

I had to obtain a DVD region-free mutiplayer to watch the Metrodome set, and it's been a real pleasure. The subtitles of these DVDs even go so far as to explain cultural humor and the lyrics of all the music. I never before realized just how powerful a Godmaster was. I don't think Transformers have been as powerful before or since.

I'd be interested in both pro and con (no pun intended) opinons on if any other Transfomer class is more powerful than a Godmaster.

2. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    Probably not, since God Ginrai got pwned in Victory.

3. Backscatter

News Credits:
    True, but at that time God Ginrai was no longer paired with the human Ginrai. So in effect God Ginrai was no longer a true Godmaster and no longer had Jinchoken - The power of Man. God Ginrai had lost the power of near instant healing.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Godmasters probably were the most powerful

Like you said they channeled Heavan,Earth and Soul energy.

Plus the instant healing is a BIG bonus.I guess only a Godmaster can destroy a Godmaster

And God Ginrai in Victory wasn't the same God Ginrai in Masterforce.God Ginrai in Masterforce was a Godmaster.After Masterforce God Ginrai was just a regular Transformer

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Exactly. The impression I got was when Masterforce ended, the power that enabled the Godmasters to utilise the three powers of creation in the first place vanished. Pay special attention to the last villain's speech right before the final blows, it more or less says that.
    Although, I'd say the Godmasters aren't the most powerful Transformers of all. Dai Atlas and Sonic Bomber in their "Zone Mode" powered up by the Zodiac seemed to be way more powerful. God Ginrai even at his most powerful could never completely obliterate two of the most powerful Destrons in a single shot. That said, the pair of them didn't have the instant healing, either. And it is true, it does take very special circumstances to bring down a Godmaster.

I'd certainly say they're up there with some of the most powerful of the Transformers.

6. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

never saw the series. Makes me wonder how they would have handled Unicron?

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Fire Guts God ginrai

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What does this have to do with the post you were referring to?!?

9. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Perhaps God Ginrai would go "Fire Guts" against Unicron? :drunk  :duel 

10. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pshht... I rember he tried that against Black Zarak and it did nothing, i doubt that Unicron would be affected. The matrix could only stop him. He could create a legion of his own godmasters if he wanted. Personally I kinda hated the whole concept behind these "Powermaster/Godmaster transformers" They reminded me more of Powerangers ...most of them needing humans to do pretty much anything at all. (even needing them to think in some cases) JMO

11. Backscatter

News Credits:
    For the record, (Minor SPOILER warning) I didn't imply or intend to imply that a Godmaster could defeat Unicron, or that even one Godmaster could do serious damge. When Fire Guts Ginrai attacked Black Zarak the first time, he destroyed Zarak's head. While not a fatal injury, it sure stopped the fight. Godmasters weren't Power Rangers either as the humans didn't control Transformers, rather bonded with Transtectors that were initially mostly lifeless machines that later took on life. Nebulans didn't control Transformers either, or think for them, it was an agreed upon team efffort. Masterforce is more about humans than Transformers and I can see how some fans might have issue with that, but it was only one series after all.:hookday 

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'd rather definitively say no.

I once again pull out my tried and true most powerful TF card, Devil Gigatron. No, not that weak as water RiD Galvatron, but the real deal in his final stage.

An energy vampire and a kinetic vampire, he could absorb any energy or the energy of a projectile shot at him into power that he could then use however he wished. He defeated all the "Autobots" until God Fire Convoy agreed to use the tunnel system to take Devil Gigatron to the center of the Earth so he could feed upon the power of the Earths Core. When God Fire Convoy with the power of Brave Maximus' sword failed to do anything against Devil Gigatron except annoy him, he was finally defeated when he absorbed too much power at once, the entire Earths core, and all of God Fire Convoys and the Master Swords blast, which knocked him out rather than absorb all that power at once.

Years ago, when Car Robots had finished airing, but RiD hadn't even been announced, I started a poll, based on an argument with my friends, on who would win, Devil Gigatron, or Unicron. I argued in favor of Devil Gigatron, and I was far from alone in the polls.