Where does your collection live?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Codimus Prime, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    A select few, that usually rotate on my mood and what's not buried (I'll get to that) at my computer.
    Armada, Energon, Cybertron, and Universe are currently on shelves in my room, everything earlier than that are mostly in or on giant rubbermaid containers that may or may not be in my closet. which is where tends to change as I go through things so I never know exactly which segment of my collection is where... (I really ought to label those things...) There is also a pile of unopened figures in store bags and shipping boxes, I try not to open everything I buy at once to slow my spending, but I think all it's done is change my habits from buying one or two regularly to getting up to 10 at once, just less frequently - so it still evens out to about the same except for during sales, then I can take real advantage.

2. MikeTSI

MikeTSI TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Mine have their own room.

Mike

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    My collection is in SUPER, TOTAL disarray. It used to be perfectly fine around the time of RiD to the beginning of Armada when everything fit on one book shelf with adjustable shelves.

Top Shelf: Basics/Scouts/Tiny Stuff
    Second Shelf: Deluxes/large Basics
    Third Shelf: Ultras/Combiners/Megas
    Fourth Shelf: pre-Armada Megas/large Deluxes

As my collection started getting bigger (right around Armada picking up steam), the clusterfuck began. Right about now, everything's more or less the same as above with a few new things.

Top of Dresser: Favorite figures of various sizes
    Shelf on Adjacent bookshelf: Reissues (back in their boxes)
    Desk-that-I-don't-use: boxed Alternators and a few random larger figures
    Floor in front of desk: a few more boxed Alternators

In addition, most of the figures on the Original Four shelves aren't even organized and standing like they used to be. They're just piled up on each other in a way that they won't break or fall off. My 70-90 Mini-Cons are in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.

...when I go home in December, I REALLY need to get my room cleaned. It's a mess.

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've got a couple shelves set up in the basement with most of my stuff on it. Currently in the process of reorganizing everything to clean it up a little bit.

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Remember to keep your stuff well out of reach of your kid. Too many TFs have been sacrificed to the hands of destructive children!

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Mine are in 3 IKEA glass cabinets surrounding my computer desk at home

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    60% in Ikea display cases, the other 30% is in a Ikea metal locker, and the other 10% in boxes beside the locker.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Right now I've got probably 75% of my stuff in plastic tubs. Most of the non-G1 stuff will be going back out on display soon though in my dad's basement. I've got my GF shelves and my Hot Rod collection on a shelf in my bedroom, and about 50 on my desk. (Mostly myclones though and recent buys.)

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately mine is completely split up...I don't even remember some of the pieces now.

A large chunk of it is in a storage unit that contains alot of my parents stuff, and some of the stuff from my childhood and college. This is primarily the boxed stuff. It resides there because I have no room for it in my 1 bedroom apt.

Another large chunk is at my parent's house on display in my old bedroom. I had this massive entertainment center which is practically full of figures.

Everything else is in my apartment. I have figures on display on my bookshelf, all of the Takara bookstyle reissues on top of one bookshelf, some of my boxed Alternators in-between bookshelves, some other pieces by the computer, and some pieces in the closet.

I am trying to get a bigger place when this lease runs out so I can get my collection back together again.

10. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

I got 4 bookshelves for my collection.

1 for Cybertron Autobots (running out of space)
    1 for Cybertron Decpticons (running out of space)
    1 for Titainums, Classics, and Beast Wars (formally Altenators but I sold them a few weeks ago)
    and the final one with my Japaniese TFs, Robotmasters, G1 & G1 Reissues, and finally my collection of Unicron minions (Armada Beasts [FOUR HORSEMEN!], Arm Sideways, Alpha-Q, Nemesis Prime [both Bendy and Big Convoy repaints])

On top of the shelves are my Brave Maximus, Arm Unicron, Primus, Big Ass Jay & Silent Bob, my GL collection, some of my DC Superheros, Treebeard, and a small part of my Dr Doom collection.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some toys which I really like are in plastic tubs in the wardrobe. A few I really treasure are in their boxes, but still in the wardrobe. The rest are in my kids toy drawers, except for the spychangers, which are often found with a box full of matchbox/Hotwheels cars.

I only have 2 TFs on display at this moment. TM2 Megs and OpOp :) 

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I have a glass shelf for my Marvel Legends and Alternators, a case with wood/glass doors which is just assorted between some ML's, Transformers, and a few Exo-Squad figures. My 20th Prime travels all around my room, he's on top of my radio at the moment. And Unicron is chilling on top of my dresser while holding his smaller Cybertron incarnation. The rest of my Transformers and stuff are in a few containers in my attic at the moment until I eventually move out of my apartment when I graduate from college. Then its time to find another place and redisplay everything again:lol 

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine's all over my room - on my shelves, in my cupboard, drawers, cpu table...I also rotate my displays around...its only recently that I have decided to "tidy-up" my collection.

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Right now id say about 55% of my collection is in my office (aka the third bedroom) on 4 bookshelves bought at Walmart, 10 or so shelves I put in up in the closet (as it has no doors on it) and a custom display case I made to go behind my computer.

The rest is sitting in boxes in my finished basement awaiting the remodel to be started and finished.

15. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i have 5 figures here in my appartment, the other 1500+ are in storage bins at my mothers

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's half of mine - all together it's 45 50-gal bins.
    *sigh* One day they will have a room.

[​IMG]

17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    mostly on 2 Ikea bookcases in my office @ home. and a couple things on my desk at work. every once in a while something really cool gets to hang out on top of the TV for a while (i.e. as long as Mrs. The Pants lets me get away with it ;)  ) ~ last time that was Galaxy Convoy and GF Starscream. We're finishing our basement as a media room, i'm thinking my BT/Alt collection will end up down there since it's very "displayable"....

really wondering what the heck i'm gonna do with the new lines, guess something is going to have to go into storage.

18. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Most of it is inside an Ikea Detolf display case in the corner of my room. This kinda sucks because I'm running out of room as it is, I'm THIS close to purchasing a second Detolf.

I keep the odds and ends inside a Stanley organizer.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Mostly in storage, with my boxed Braves on display, and many of the newer ones on the shelves. I need to do some work on that room of mine to make room for Classics.

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my closet and shelves.