Where does your collection live?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Codimus Prime, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Just wondering where everyone has their toys at.

Are they on display? In a closet? In a back room somewhere? In a box?

Just curious.

Mine live in rubbermaid containers stored in closets, since we don't have much for display room. Still in the boxes. I'm not much of an opener.

I keep my newest and best stuff close or out. Depends on how big it is.

2. DDM

DDM Super Steve

On shelves in my bedroom.

I enjoy playing with the toys too much to keep them closed, so they are all out and breathing the fresh air.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Multiple locations...

Shelving Units (x2) - G1 figures (most), Classics, 6" Titaniums, Beast Wars show characters, 'Unicronians', 'Wreckers' and other favorite TFs.

Bookcase - Most Alternators in vehicle mode.

Top of Dresser - Evangelion figures (most), DC Direct figures, Stikfas, other miscellaneous stuff.

Windowsill Shelf - Miscellaneous, usually large, figures.

Top of Nightstand - Currently BW Neo Cyborgs, but tends to be rotated frequently.

Desk - Treasures (G1 Scorponok, Trypticon), Evangelion figures (some), Alternators in robot mode (some).

Large Tupperware Containers (x2) - Everything else.

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Well, most of it lives in my bro's SW.CA's room (as he hasn't lived at home for years). And empty bedroom is handy when you have 23 giant rubbermaid containers. Most of my loose stuff is in my room, with stuff I don't have shelfspace for being in the closet. A few pieces are in Toronto at my grandparents place (simply because I haven't managed to get them out to Calgary yet) and I've got a little bit out here in Nova Scotia to keep me company while I'm having my ass raped by a baseball bat wrapped in sandpaper... also known as being a fourth-year university student.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i've got 2 large wall mounted glass shelves [one has all my Armada toys, another has all my Energon toys]

ive got 2 little bathroom shelf thingers where i have my speakers and TFs on [my BM/select RID and beasties]

My desk has a shelf on it in which i keep my Alternators/MP

and ive got a 5 shelf tall...shelf thing [which has one shelf for cybertron/GF/RID combiners, another for G1/G2, another for BW Maximals, another for BW Predacons, and the last is a Machine Wars shelf]... and another but its only 4 shelves tall [so far i've just got reissues,classics, optimus', and brave max on that]

yeah thats about it

since i got that 4 shelf thing though im in the process of trying to "redecorate" where i put them and what not

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just to ballpark it:

- 66% in storage at my parents place out West
    - 33% in storage at my grandparents place in Toronto
    - 33% with me here at school on shelves and my desk

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're mostly on shelves and bookcases along the west wall of our living room, which also is where the computer desk is located. 3 long shelves located to the right of the computer have (1) Alts, BTs, and LOCs (The LOCs stand in front of the other figs), (2) combiners, and (3) dragons. To the computer's immediate right is a 3-shelf bookcase, holding (1) big trucks and tanks, (2) jets (3) other flying vehicles, and (4) beasts. The 5 shelf bookcase to the left of that has (1) more ground-vehicles, as well as sea-going TFs (sharks and boats); (2) motorcyles, cars, and small trucks; (3) more cars; (4) a box full of non-dispalyed toys, 6" Titaniums; and a couple extra alts; and then a couple shelves with paperwork and cards. There's another 5-shelf bookshelf, but the only TFs on it are on top (Unicron and Primus); plus a closet with a ceiling that's about 3 feet from the roof, containing tall toys (Brave Max, C. Starscream, Omega Setinel, etc.) on top, and the SWTFs along the back wall. Someday, I'll post pics up. I'm still waiting, though, on a couple dragons, and I'm gonna try to find a way to suspend the jeys from fishing line or something.

-Tony!
    Goes into way too much detail soemtimes.

8. CdnShockwave

Muahahaha.... treat me well and nothing shall happen to your precious Jetfire! :ev: 

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your ballpark has 132% of your Transformers. Are you counting combiners twice? :) 

-Tony!

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol 

Man my man skills are just bad :lol 

11. CdnShockwave

*hands you a bicycle helmet* You might need that.

12. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    In boxes right now. I want to buy a new home next year...

13. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    All of RID and most of Energon is in a Tupperware box in my basement. Then our office there is all the figures. And in a spare bedroom the oddity collection.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    :dunce  :dunce  :dunce 

15. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I store all my transformers in protecting boxes, inside the closet.

16. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    -About 6 TFs on my computer desk at all times.
    -40% of my collection in storage at home
    -59% of the rest is stored in an unused room at a friend's place. This bothers me a lot and I'm seriously considering flattening down larger boxes, and cutting/disposing of plastic bubbles and keeping the cards to save space and ultimately have all of my TFs here, as opposed to having most of it at my friend's house.

Once I move into a bigger place, I'd like to display all of my collection in glass displays and shelving.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    All of mine are displayed, even though there isnt enough shelf space for all of them (I have I have no less than 7 on the floor [including fort max], and 2 on my computer tower) with the exception of Universe Soundwave (I have the Machine Wars version, so I put the Universe one in my closet and just kept Space Case out)

18. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    My 6" Titaniums, THS Convoys, BT/Alt, Masterpieces, and G1 Metroplex live in my living room on display.

The rest live up in my attic on display.

19. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

All around my "matchbox" (I live in a studio). I built and put up lots of shelves that go almost all the way around my bedroom/living room/dinign room (it's all the same thing), which has 11 ft. ceilings, so I put 'em high and low! Now, I'm practically surrounded and it rocks!

20. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

The majority of mine are on bookshelves. Most are loose on display,but there are a fair number still sealed away in their boxes. Most of my sealed figures have colonized my desk and the tops of my bookshelves with any extras taking up whatever flat space is available in my room.

Once our basement is finished then they will permanently reside in glass wall cabinets.