Where does TF Prime rank so far

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Dec 3, 2010.

?

Where does Prime Rank

1. 1st: Best Transformers Cartoon ever so far!

31.2%
  2. 2nd: Behind only G1

11.2%
  3. 2nd: Behind only Beast Wars

12.8%
  4. 2nd: Behind only Animated

4.8%
  5. Third: Behind G1 and Beast Wars

4.8%
  6. Third: Behind G1 and Animated

5.6%
  7. Third: Behind Animated and Beast Wars

20.8%
  8. Fourth: Behind G1, Beast Wars, and Animated

6.4%
  9. Last: This is even worse than the Unicron Trilogy

2.4%
  1. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    for now I'd say second to Beast Wars only because its only been 5 episodes but if they keep up this momentum with the story, it could surpass it.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Beast Wars
    Animated
    Prime
    Beast Machines

If the regular episodes is as good as the five mini series, Beast Wars might be knocked out of #1.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Beast Wars and Animated have always been tied for first... but Prime is about to make it a three-way.

4. MicroZone21

MicroZone21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3rd, behind BW (the best TF show ever... so far) and sentimental favorite, G1. Despite G1's flaws, we literally would not be here today if G1 didn't capture the hearts of kids the way it did back when it was fresh.

Animated was good, but too cartoonish for me in spots. And I say that as a man that loves both the Nolan Batman movies AND the Brave & the Bold cartoon, so i can do "cartoony" as well as dramatic for my favorite characters. Animated had a brilliant toyline tho.

I actually like RiD a lot. They made the most of a horrible anime and did it with a gleam in their eye.

I hate the AEC trilogy and BM. I even tried to watch Bm and Energon again last summer and only reaffirmed my dislike for them.

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far, from best TF series to worst:

-Animated
    -Beast Wars
    -Prime
    -Beast Machines
    -Every other TF series where one viewing was more than enough (and yes, this includes G1)

However, if I were to judge the series based ONLY on the first five episodes, this is how it would rank:

-Beast Machines
    -Prime
    -Animated
    -Beast Wars
    -Every other TF series

So obviously things can change.

6. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    This series is definately off to a great start. However as it has been said, we're 5 episodes in. No opinion on "placing" yet.

7. Cheez Doodle23

Cheez Doodle23 Plastic Crack Club Member

News Credits:
    For me I think its: (at least right now)

1. Beast Wars - Animated - Prime
    2. Beast Machines
    3. G1
    4. Everything Else

8. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

This... so far. I have a hard time believing another Transformers series could surpass Beast Wars for me but this one just might do it.

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ill say animated and beast wars come first, but then again i get bored with reruns

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far...I give it a 9/10.

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    This, G1 was absolutely terrible. I honestly believe people only claim to like/love it is because of nostalgia.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    fourth but the gap between 1st and fourth is so small it is nearly microscopic.

13. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, while G1 is immensely dated, and is terrible by today's standards, I do think that there's a certain "So Bad it's Good" vibe to it (the cartoon at least- some of the comics, depending on the company and timescale, are fragging awesome). Plus, it did admittedly establish some great characters.

So far, I place Prime at 5th, behind Animated, RID, and the Beast Series (if I had to order them, I'd put Beast Wars first, followed by Animated, Beast Machines, and RID), yet it has the potential to rise through those ranks really quickly if the quality of February's episodes matches what we've seen so far.

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as a kid i hated best wars because it was so organic rather then mechanical. so diffrent then g1. though i still watched a few episodes out of boredom. but a few years ago i did a bw/bm marathon, while the graphics were dated, the writing really hooked me, and at least the graphics improve from season to season.

sense i saw all beast wars and best machines seasons together, it really felt like the same show to me, unlike you guys, who think of it as two separate shows. i feel the only thing they did wrong with bm was that the main characters were too organic (cybernetic organic). i think the show was ahead of its time.

while g1 is very dated, and is hard to watch for people who didn't see it as kids, i love it for the characters. i have yet to see a transformer series where the characters are so well portrayed. (or is that the rose colored glasses?) i do know new comes that have gravitated to the g1 cartoons after gaining interest in the franchise after seeing the recent movies.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Far too early for me to tell yet.

I watch something like Transformers for great villains and that is something hard for a cartoon to pull off in the first five episodes. You've got all the main heroes to introduce and that takes up a good deal of those early episodes. I mean so far we've seen a bit of Megatron, only a little bit of Starscream and only a tiny glimpse of Soundwave.

I've just got to see more to rank it among all the series. So much depends on if they can expand this universe or if it will get feeling too small after a pretty big start with what they did to a dead planet. But definitely something I want to see more of so far.

16. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fourth best. I don't think anything is worst than the Unicron Trilogy. Though Miko could put the show there. But after seeing all 5 episodes I'm done with this series. I love you Welker and Cullen but the roster, humans and lack of Cons and deformed Screamer and Soundwave really put me off.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    To be fair, it was terrible by 80's standards, too. (I still like G1, though, so people know)

It's characters weren't even that great, it was future series that made them real characters, and even then they undergo changes regularily.

18. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I am not a G1 fanboy but I have to disagree with you big time here. It was not terrible by 80s standards at all especially early 80s as that is when it came out.

Also I loved the 'characters' more in g1 than any series that has followed it. The thing I love about the later series is NOT the characters but the writing, plots and the fact that they are continuity based instead of episodic.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Too early to really say, but just going off of the mini series, I went with third: Behind Animated and Beast Wars.

I have to say though, for action, it just may be my #1.

20. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I'd go with...

G1 for nailing the core elements that are still relevant and referenced today
    Beast wars for standing on it's own without ignoring the past
    Rid for bridging the eras, and reintroducing fun to the franchise
    Prime, for laying the groundwork for long term story development
    Wfc, the game story, for being damn good. Only reason it doesn't beat prime is because it's a game. But really, IMO, if prime doesn't deliver long term, wfc wins