Where does BBTS operate out of?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by JusticeSabre, Jul 31, 2007.

1. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    I'm getting a message that my order is paid for, yet waiting to enter the warehouse...
    Do they really have a warehouse, or is that just a figure of speech?

DAMMIT, I WANT MY RODIMUS. lol

Generally, how long do these good people (<--- kissing ass) take to ship your orders when they're physically on hand?

2. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    They have a fairly decent size warehouse. I ordered from them last monday and i got my shipment today. Figure about that long.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I suspect they really have a warehouse. They're a pretty big business. In answer to your question, I'm pretty sure they operate out of Somerset, WI. Leastways, that's where I've mailed stuff I've sold to them.

And there shipping speed is about average for online retailers: consistent, on-time, but you'll rarely be the first guy with the toy in your hand. But I honestly never get impatient, so others might think they're slower.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I remember seeing interior shots of their warehouse at some point. It's a pretty major operation...when they say warehouse, they're not puffing up their chest to describe a typical storage unit or something. In my experience it takes 2-3 days between when I order something and when it physically leaves BBTS' care and is in the hands of whichever shipper you chose.

5. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    If it has been on warehouse status for a few days e-mail them. My order for the first wave of G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary singles and battle packs were on warehouse status for three days on top of the usual two or so days for processing. When I e-mailed them they said that there was a paper work error. The order was shipped that day. This stuff can happen with a company their size.

During one of their summer sales they posted a picture of the warehouse. That may be where you saw it. It surprised me when I saw it. Just think how much bigger than that it probably is.

6. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've always had lighting fast shipping with BBTS, but I live in Minneapolis which isn't that far from Sommerset WI. The fastest turnaround I've had is ordering on Monday and gettin the item Wednesday. The slowest and only problem I've ever had with them is my current order for ML Soundwave. It's was paid for and processed last Wednesday and has shown a status of Warehouse since. I emailed them this morning and they replied saying they've been 'backed up' lately and that my order would go out today. Well, it's almost 10PM and it still shows Warehouse. I'm not worried that my order wont come or anything, but it seems to me there is more going on than just being really busy.

I think maybe they're trying to do more than they're able to sometimes. Fortunately that's the worst that can be said for them.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    In my experience with them when you pre-order they don't charge you until it's on the way to them, depending on where it's coming from it can take some time. You'll normally get an e-mail saying your order shipped but really they just did the billing with UPS and it doesn't actually go out until the next day.

I have ordered A LOT from BBTS and never had a problem out side of having to wait an extra day or two so I wouldn't worry to much. If there is a problem they tend to have excellent customer service and will try to fix things. Way back when I got reissue Tracks from them it came miss-assembled. This was no fault of theres but they replaced it no question.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah they are in Sommerset, WI which is while I was in Minneapolis I noticed the scarce store exclusives magically disappear in the area.

9. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    That reminds me of when I got my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime from them. It was missing the small part behind the front wheel on one side so I contacted Hasbro at first. Since BBTS got it in so early Hasbro did not have a replacement and told me to contact the seller, they also sent a return label if that didn't work. After I e-mailed BBTS about the problem they told me they might be able to get the part off a figure they had for spare parts and to describe in detail the piece that was missing.

I decided to use Paint, I don't have Photo Shop, and two pictures I probably found here to to show exactly what was missing. They shipped me the missing piece in the mail no too long after that. I was really happy they went out of their way like that especially since I really didn't want to return the first one I got. You can't beat service like that. I don't order from them that often because I try to find what I can around me and sometimes the prices are a little high but on hard to find items they are one of, if not the first, places I look.

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I think they operate out of the midwest. Or is that area called the northeast? In either case, the midwest tends to have a pretty good stock of TFs in their big retailers so even though it sounds great it's also kind of a scalper's paradise.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh? I've heard that BBTS has been accused of scalping before.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Lets just say that when hot items are found, the members of the MN sightings thread go to PMs

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I see, I see. I used to buy from them due to their competitive pricing but stopped for the last few months when I realised that I could get my stuff cheaper.

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I believe I saw pix too. seems like the shot I saw, the place was two stories. It looked pretty big.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *recalls the US G1 MP SS (oh the acronyms) "incident"*

They basically outright admitted to scalping with that one...

16. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I'm a big BBTS fan. They've always been good and timely with my orders, and they've helped me out quite a bit, too. They fixed my MPSS, they refunded my credit card when I goofed an order, just nice customer service stuff. Even when they may be scalping, most of their prices aren't awful, so they've got my business.

17. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I’m quite hard press to comment on their service these days. But a few months back, before I placed a pre-order for a Mezco figure, I made a query if I could get a particular variant (which wasn’t the short packed one) and I was told I could and was even given an order no.

When I was finally notified of the figure arrival, I sent a couple of e-mails (3-4) to them to confirm my request, along with my order no. However, my e-mails were never answered replied even after 1-2 weeks.

Kinda regret deleting my e-mails...would have made some interesting read for those interested! XD

In the event, I was so frustrated that in the end, I got the same figure at a much cheaper price from elsewhere. That incident was the beginning of the end of my relationship with BBTS.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't know they were scalpers, that kinda sucks. I haven't bought from them in a long time, I only do when there's a really deep discount going on.

19. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not implying you're wrong, but is there any proof of this? I mean, store exclusives disappearing is hardly a problem local to this area, it happens everywhere.

Again, I'm not saying they don't, but I'd like to know if someone actually knows facts about this or if it's just generally assumed that BBTS does this.

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Maybe you can use the post below for your further investigation?

Anyway, if it they're really scalpers...it could explain why my emails were not replied after 2 weeks - probably the figure I was promised turned out to be a popular seller despite it being not short-packed.