where do you use your handheld games?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I don't own a portable, never have and most likely never will. however there's tons of good games for them, and I can certainly see the draw if you're one of those people who ride the subway or whatever everyday. but I have a feeling that a majority of the folks here with one don't, so I was wondering where you use them, and why you would do so since the ds and psp can't (I believe) be hooked up to a big screen. it would seem to bug me to have to play my games on a 4 inch screen.

2. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Well, ever since I got my PSP for X-mas, I play Vice City Stories in college while waiting for my friends to get there, and also to listen to music saved on the PSP. I would play MGS: Portable Ops there as well, but since my little bro loves the story in the MGS series, I play it at home so he can watch the cutscenes. My second playthrough's definately gonna be portable though, and once I get an online router I'll be able to play online.

3. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i play sitting in my house, lol but usally in situations where i can't play my normal consoles like in bed when i can't sleep or when we have relatives round so i can't really fire up my console

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Roadtrips, during class, during lunch, etc.

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I play my DS at work, when I take a big shit, ride the bus, watch TV, take a piss while sitting down, in bed and don't want to turn the Wii on, go to a Friends house. Lots of places. Weird question.

6. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I own a Gameboy Advance. Usually I play it at the laundromat because it's too noisy to read or use it while taking care of business in the bathroom. When I travel to my parents' place, it comes in handy there too.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I play it all over the house, in my computer desk chair, in my bed, on the subway. Where ever really. It is just one of those nifty portable devices.

8. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Long car trips when i'm not driving, the toilet, and at school during lunch (cheaper than eating).

9. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

in bed
    at work
    on the john

sadly, that's all I ever do anymore, so that's everywhere that I have to play.

10. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

On the can.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In bed.. sitting in my car waiting for a store to open or when I'm on lunch, before a college class (Before I graduated), waiting for someone (to show up for lunch or something), on the crapper...

12. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

bus, subway, home, bed, friends house, college , on between periods....and when Im truly bored at school I use it to go on msn mobile if no computer avaible

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I play on the bus to and from work and some times during lunch if I have time. If I’m really into a game like I am right now with Vice City Stories I’ll also play at home but most of my portable gaming is done traveling.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wow, a lot of you dudes play while taking a dump. I get in and get out as quickly as possible. I can think of much better ways to play games or read than sitting on a cold chair with my pants around my ankles. :p 

so a lot of you apparently get to travel with someone else driving. I get super motion-sickness if I focus on anything else besides what's outside the windows. I actually am always the driver whenever I have to go anywhere.

15. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I also play it on long trips. I have two or three people I usually travel with, and they usually drive most of the time. I also play it just before I go to bed.

16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I have a hard time trying to find time to play portable games myself. I don't feel like 15 min. or even 30 on a break is enough time to really get going on a game, so I don't play at work. Might get caught not being able to save that way either. Whenever we go out, or on trips I'm the one driving, so I can't do it then. When I'm at home I have a ton of movies or games on other systems to catch up on, so I'm left with little time for the PSP or DS. Once I got the GBA player for Gamecube I played all GBA games on my TV, though I still have Golden Sun to play and that will be harder now since I sold my Gamecube. I got FF3 for Xmas and it's still sealed. Just haven't gotten around to it. Haven't started FF12 either, but that's because the PS3 can't handle 480i PS2 games at the moment. I'll take my DS with me if I have to wait somewhere to get my car fixed or something, or if I'm waiting in line, but there's not a lot of time really. I was planning on doing a ton of gaming camping out for the PS3, but that didn't end up happening, so I didn't play anything.

Something just feels weird playing a game on a small screen (or 2 for DS) when I'm sitting in front of a 61" 1080p TV with other games on consoles I need to play.

17. gil

gil Godmaster

I play my DS everywhere I feel like turning it on and playing it. I have a harder time playing my home consoles. Both my PS2 and Gamecube is at my girlfriends house, and we are hardly there, unless we're sleeping or watching a show on TV, in which case, I can't play the PS2.

Anyway, I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 10 on the PS2 which I started a while ago. During that time, I've picked up Final Fantasy 3 and finished it, and played through Final Fantasy 4 and finished it. I also finished Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, and I think I'm halfway through Portrait of Ruin. I'm also supposed to get FF5 from my brother, and I'm picking up FF6 when it comes out. I'm pretty sure these games will be finished before I get through FF10. On top of that, I'm also supposed to get FF12 too. Don't know when I'm starting on that game.

18. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    I mostly play at work, and in the sofa next to my wife whenever she asks me to spend more time with her :p 

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I used to play my GBC/GBA mostly on holiday, on the beach that kind of thing. I bought MGS for the GBC and had it for a long time before I actually played it all the way through while on holiday.

My DS lite gets played a lot more regularly, probably because it does a bit of 3D and so the games are more immersive, which makes time on the crapper much more pleasant.

20. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'd say 90% of my Mario Kart DS online matches were played while taking a shit.