Where do you stand on missile firring gimmicks?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFfanmaiku, Mar 11, 2012.

1. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I dislike them unless they act as the actual barrel of the gun. (Oh course, that makes loosing them even worse!)

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Anyone else ever have the problem of the missiles firing all by themselves?

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I like them only if they're actual missiles in an actual missile launcher. If they're plumes of flame or jets of water I'm not fond. Those aren't missiles. Basically any missile that's made of transparent plastic won't do it for me, unless it's specifically supposed to be a transparent missile (why it would be so though I dunno) and not just a stand-in for a laser blast.
    Guns where the barrel is the missile I'm undecided on. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

4. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I lose the missiles too easily.
    My only hope is that the launcher looks good without the missile.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I take them out and store them unless they are required as part of the look of the weapon. I also hate when missiles are made to look like flame or water.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Their being phased out. Partially do to costs and partially do to designer priorites no longer finding them interesting. But as a result; Missile launchers will be a nostalgic part of this brand in retrospect.

Eventually you'll grab a old toy, its missile will fly off its trigger. And you'll remember the days where every thing had this play pattern.

Personally I like the feeling of just locking the missile into place and the springs resistance. its something that is'nt usually considered so much a part of the action feature.
    But its an enjoyable part of the dynamic.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Pretty much the only time it really bothers me is when the back of the missile juts out really far (HFTD Hailstorm, Gen Warpath)

8. J2DK

J2DK Fan

I think they are neat little additions. They work well for when my kids want to play. I just keep very good track of the missiles and ask my older daughter to do the same for me when I'm not home.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I personally do not prefer them.

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    My HFTD Tomahawk used to have this problem so bad. Sometimes his missiles would go off, even if you were nowhere near him at the time. Strangely enough, after a time of sitting in a bin (I got sick and tired of them going off all the time), they aren't near as sensitive as they once were.

11. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I pretty much agree. G1 got the whole missile launcher thing perfect. For me a launcher is in addition to a regular gun, doesn't have a 'flame' missile (ugh) and is preferably shoulder mounted.

12. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This gimmick is for kids. And usually they like the idea of "firing" missiles.

But I don't know how much fun a kid can have today... the launchers are so weak that most missiles barely leave the launcher.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    on the g1 figures i like them, the missiles were small and fit well with the shape of the launcher, but for the child safety massive ones, pass, although they sometimes help the look of a gun, like classics silverbolt's gun leaves a nice barrel hole when not inserted that makes the gun look more realistic

14. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Hate them.
    'Nuff said.

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I take them out of the gun and place them somewhere else, where I know that they are there, but I can't see them anymore. And I hate it, when the gun looks only good with the projectile inserted. Because I take them out anyway. The stupidest projectile is the one of Rodimus. A projectile that looks like a flaming brush thingy? I hate Rodimus' gun anyway. It looks shit with projectile inside and without it's like a hairdryer.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Add this to my earlier list of reasons. Sucks when without a missile in the launcher looks like stubby crap because it's only the missile that gives the weapon length. I like it when a missile is hidden within the long barrel of the weapon, like TFA Leader Megatron's cannon, or WFC Dlx Megatron's cannon, or - erm - other examples like that.
    So often when the missile isn't in the launcher it looks crap. Design the launcher to look good first and then add the missile design.

An exception on clear missiles for me though is the launcher that came with RotF Dlx Ratchet. The missile was clear plastic but it worked because it looked like some kind of laser pre-fire chamber coil thingy. The launcher even looked gunny enough without the missile, even though it worked far better with the missile in. Pity that gearing mount thing to attach it to his arm was arse though.

17. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    behind it

18. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are nothing but an nuisance, I can't look at my Mixmaster figure without wondering where his Purple Missle is. And I haven't found a place online where it is available...FOR TWO YEARS!!

19. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anywhere but in front for me.

20. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If they look like physical missiles, I keep them (like the seekers or hailstorm). If they look like ANYTHING energy or liquid I toss them in a small bottle :)