Where do you see Transformers in 10 years?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Do you think it will still be popular in 10 years or more? Will figures be so small you can't see them? What do you think

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People will be nostalgiaing about watching Animated in their childhood and rage when a show makes Bumblebee talk because that's not what their childhood was like.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    G1 nostalagia will merge with pet rock nostalgia to give us true G1 Brick Formers: A red brick with Optimus Prime in robot mode on one side, and truck mode on the other.
    Collectors will be able to play an elaborate game of dominos with the bricks or just build more storage with/for their collection.

4. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    That is funny! .... but they will still be around. Not as popular and in a hibernation period until a new movie or series comes out, but still out there.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    G1 nostalagia will start to fade, Hasbro shifts collector focus to the Beast Era/RID/UT generation, and new TF tv shows would have a balance between the three. Maximals and Predacons would be sub factions under the bots and cons, with Bumblebee replaced by Hot Shot. Instead of the Terrorcon drones from Energon, the Dcon would be using Vehicons. I can see Minicons returning as weapons for Vehicon drones.

Thats what I like to see, but I don't think even 30 years would bring that.

6. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    And...THAT...scares me

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro will release neo-classics and classics won't even be worth the plastic they're made of. . .=P

8. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Nowhere. By then the aliens will have already destroyed society and only few humans will have survived as they scavenge the earth for supplies and resources, TF's being one of the many things to have been destroyed forever. However some fat nerdy dude will then rise up against the aliens after finding an Optimus Prime toy, granting him The Touch, in which he uses it to destroy the aliens, and returning humanity to its former self, while living a life of thanks from all transformers fans across the globe for restoring the franchise to its lively current self. The End./

Or they'll remake a bunch of BW toys or something like that.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Not that much different from what we're getting now. We've pretty much peaked in terms what's possible for a given price tag. I'm just expecting variations on a common theme. Not better, not worse, just different.

10. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Deluxes will be be $45. Voyagers will be $70. And Leaders will be $110, and will have no Bumblebees.

However, there will be 13 versions of Ultimate Bad Ass Bumblebee, each one at $200.

Pre-Order yours now!

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

In 10 years I predict Hasbro will still be using the Aligned continuity as a base. High Moon will probably be on their 7th TF game, with it taking place in a Neo G1 continuity on Earth.

Hasbro will have burned through most of the G1 characters for Classics, and move on to Beast Wars, and G2, and a couple of Unicron Trilogy, RID, and Animated dudes. With the amount of toys in each Classics line going up, in 10 years, there may be a grand total of eighty figures in such a line.

The movie continuity will most likely be rebooted by then, with a focus on Hasbro's new production bible at the core. The movies will also be written AS a trilogy, instead of writing as they go along.

BotCon 2021 might be hosted by a different company from FunPub, but there will still be exclusive toys, most likely repaints of the many Prime molds available by that period.

A new TV show might air that continues on the story of Prime, or takes place in the Aligned continuity family, but with brand new plot lines, etc.

Bee might be replaced by a different kid appeal character by then, or perhaps Hasbro has abandoned the idea of a kid appeal character to focus more on everybody?

Hasbro will still focus on Transformers as a media franchise, rather than a toy franchise, and stick to the principles they set out to establish with Prime.

A couple of unique lines, such as PCC, Bot Shots, etc. will have come out between cartoons, movies, etc.

12. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

Timeline one: Hasbro still owns the Transformers line, the robots will not transform and only have a robot mode, because the kids are too lazy to figure out how to change convert them into their alternate modes. Also, The figures will look like insects , have no pointy edges, are painted in odd mismatched colors, out of 20 figures 18 will be repaints.

Time line 2 Assassin Robots from the future travel back in time to terminate Aaron Archers. They succeed and Hadbro hires a Transformers Fan that transforms the toyline creating figures that are highly detailed, are super posable, have realistic Alt Modes, are G1ish in appearance. These figure even transform themselves.

Timeline 3 Transformers 7 comes out and the Autobots and Decepticons are made of poop, the fight for control of Earth supply of Fiber.Micheal Bays Fanboys proclaim the movie best movie ever, Micheal Bay becomes a Quadrillionare and the movie figures are real casts of Bay's Fecal matter.

Timeline 4 The F-ing Mayans were right the world ends on Dec 21 2012 and Aeleven spend eternity in Hell with Micheal Bay, Aaron Archer and John Denver. The End.

*****Attention, the comments above were written as a joke, an example of my dark homour, please refrain from bitching and crying to the Mods. Also if you happen to see me at Botcon please don't attack me because I made fun of Micheal Bay and Aaron Archer. Don't make me Jud-I-Chop yo Ass!

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I think the Transformers brand will be strong enough to survive another decade, possibly two.

Other than a few gaps during the 90s, it never really went away like so many of the other popular brands of the 80s. While many thought it was cool to see He-Man and the Turtles come back in 2002-2003, as well as Thundercats just last year, those franchises went years - even decades - without any new product or material for their respective fans to consume. Hell, even Voltron has repeatedly gone through its own lengthy Dark Age. By comparison, the tailend of G2 (before Beast Wars gave the franchise some much needed life support) and the short Machine Wars line during the 90s were a small price to pay for many in this fandom.

I think this has to do with Hasbro's marketing savvy and their willingness to reinvent the brand, even if some of those reinventions haven't satisfied everyone (BW, Movie, Animated, Prime).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    LO...oh...you're serious...

15. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Cyberverse will be the mainline at deluxe prices.

16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    To be honest, looking back at 2002, a decade back, not many things have changed that drastically in what the toylines are offering, it's HOW they are offering it.

[For comparison's sake I'll be using Armada as the "Then" line]

There's still deluxes, voyager figures with electronics [kind of a mesh between voyager and ultra], leader class, a "collect them all" kiddie subline [minicons-legion] and a big electronic figure that can interact with the kiddie line [Unicron-Optimus Maximus whatever that thing is].

The smaller subline interacts with the other size classes [transparent weapons from the legion figures fit onto deluxes, minicon interactivity with deluxes], leader class has electronics and there's almost always an Optimus Prime in the first wave, and so on.

What is changing is the complexity and actual size\pricepoints of each class. Character selection. Back in Armada the likes of Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Soundwave and others were throwaway references and nothing more. Bad guy figures had more prominence in the lines whereas they're casually shrinking down their size classes with each line.

Transformers will still be around in 10 years, with yet another surge of "classics", probably in the form of beast war characters or Armada dudes or even Prime characters. Perhaps Bumblebee will be replaced by a different icon [Hot Rod? Hot Shot? Cheetor?], perhaps Megatron will start changing and getting repainted into Galvatron more often, perhaps Soundwave will vanish again, but as a franchise it's going to be offering more or less the same things.

17. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Tfs will do back to being bricks with chromed weapons.

18. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully the economy turns around so everyone can afford to buy more of them.
    That way hasbro makes more money and can afford to make the figures bigger again!

19. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

Bigger Executive bonus = Smaller Transformers.
    Incontrast The guys at TFC live off of Ramen noodles and slivers of feline ham.
    :( 
    PS. My TFC Hercules is super sweet, it has tight gear joints and cool light piping, I hope no one in the dark, damp Chinese factory got beaten too badly in order to bump up productivity, while producing my " Not Devastator ".

20. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

We will no longer be complaining about an overabundance of Bumblebee.

Instead, we'll be complaining about an overabundance of Cheetor.:p