Where do you display your Universe Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Nov 8, 2006.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Since the Universe stuff is all repaints, do you keep them together as a Universe collection or with the series that the mold originated from?

Or does no one else here buy the universe stuff? :lol 

2. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Like with most other figures, wherever they fit. Sometimes that does mean with the original mold; actually now that I think about mostly with their original molds or at least close to them. I've got the Silverbolts on opposite sides of a shelf with most of the BW Tranmetals and their Fox Kids repaints.(actually most of the fox kids repaints and U Silverbolt have all been refactioned with reprolabels)

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's funny you ask, because I'm currently in the process of putting on shelves in my spare bedroom to display my collection and I thought about where to put the Universe toys. I finally decided I'll scatter them around a bit. A lot of them I'm going to put on my RiD shelf to bolster the ranks a bit. Plus all the Beasties will be displayed with my Maximals and Predacons. The G2 bricks (King Atlas, Soundwave and Whirl) I'll probably put somewhere on my G1 shelves.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

It used to be that a good portion of my toy collection was made up of Universe figures, and there were so many that I simply devoted all of my limited TF display section to them. It was pretty cool having a giant battlefield of Universe TFs.

But now, as I had too many problems completing Universe and a lack of interest in doing so anyway, most of them are gone or will be, and the remaining few sit (carefully wrapped) in a plastic tub with most of my other TFs. I have even less room to display anything, so it's just Cyb Smokescreen, BW Scarem and Classics Starscream for now.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    since most of the Universe Decepticons were working for Unicron, I've got the top shelf of my bookcase designated as a Unicronian shelf. In addition to Universe figures, it's got Tripredacus, Cryotek, BW2 Galvatron, the Blentrons, and the Armada BW figures. And on the top of the bookcase itself is Unicron, Energon Galvatron, Botcon Cyclonus, and Energon Dreadwing. As for the Universe Autobots, I only bought a few of them, they're on a shelf with Big Convoy.

actually, looking at my stuff, my Autobots and Decepticons are almost even

Decepticons - Razorclaw, Reptilion, Frostbite, Tankor, Obsidian, Skywarp, Stockade, Blackarachnia, Jhiaxus (I realize Stockade is an Autobot, but I wanted to keep the Vehicon repaints together. And I guess Jhiaxus is an RiD figure but I sort of considered Universe a continuation of RiD, since they're both comprised of a lot of repaints. I sort of consider the Armada BW repaints to be Universe too)

Autobots - Depth Charge, Silverbolt, Longhorn, Magna Stampede, 4 of the Wal-mart Dinobots (all of them except the Grimlock/Swoop pack. Primal was in the group but he got replaced by the Anniversary 2 pack Primal).

I actually still need a few Universe figures for my Decepticons. Namely the Overbite/Repugnus pack and Fireflight. I also want a Transmetal Tarantulas.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have Universe in storage right now, but I'll pull out Devastator soon and display him with the Classics. I'll get to it as soon as I get Wave Two, and the Autobots are in the lead numbers-wise.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mine are still boxed up in a bigger box. Plan on getting a display for them someday. Kept the whole line MISB so it'll look nice.
    I plan on keeping them all together and to get a Universe header & art made for the display so it'll look official.

Man we used to be able to just throw em all on some shelves, but so many new figs has been released over the past 10 years that we almost need whole rooms to display them in anymore. Miss the good ol days when they all displayed in my closet so I could hide them all. People did'nt know I was a TF nut unless I opened that door.

Now when they come over, they're immediately like "Wow, this dude's a TF junkie" :lol 

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got two shelves dedicated to Universe. One with Decepticons. The other Autobots.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Most of them are in a Universe display, except for Strika and Obsidian who're with their BM counterparts. The rest are standing alongside whatever SWTF's I've got. All facing down that monstrosity that is the Captain America "MegaMorph" I suckered myself into buying.

And they're all praying that one day their buddy Swerve'll one day join the gang. :p 

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    in a box.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The ones I've got were all molds I missed from other lines, so they're with the line they originated from. Fireflight feels very uncomfortable being the lone Autobot Vehicon.

12. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I display mine at BBTS. That's where nearly all of mine went when I sold out.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

The only Universe figures I own are Ratchet, Bendy Magnus, Treadshot. They're spread out:

Magnus is on the Prime/Magnus/Black Prime shelf.

Treadshot is forever condemned to vehicle mode, but at least he gets to hang out with the G1 Decepticons (his car mode is kind of 80's-esque, so it seemed appropriate).

Ratchet is (don't hate me!) hanging with the Classics. Sure, it's not G1-style Ratchet, but till there IS a Classics Ratchet, he'll do. And I really love the Wildride mold, and think it actually fits in with the Classics pretty well, aesthetically.

14. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    All I have are Ratchet, Frostbite, Micromaster Defensor and Micromaster Devastator. I put them all with my RID collection, along with the Star Wars TFs and the RobotMasters.

15. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Thanks for sharing! :) 

I'm still unsure what to do with mine, I guess I'll have to play around with different options and see what I think looks best. I have a feeling the Universe stuff is going to be floaters of the collection and get moved around quite a bit!

16. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I display my universe figures in a taped up box in my closet. When they were on the shelf though they were mixed in with the main line. I really never seperated the main lines.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In a box. :p  When I had shelving up, I had them on a shelf by faction, but with whatever other random figures I had from Armada and RID. I didn't have enough of any of the 3 lines to warrant solo shelves so I just jumbled it all together.

18. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Silverbolt & Repugnus, are in my secret Beast Wars called Vok Wars.

Smokescreen, Swerve, Firebot3, Roadhandler & Terradive are with my Micron Legend/Superlink/Galaxy Force Autobots.

Ultra Magnus is just on a shelf, but soon to be gone.

Obsidian, Stryka, & 3 Stockades are with my Vehicons.

Makeshift4 is with my Micron Legend/Superlink/Galaxy Force Decepticons.

Soundwave & Space Case are with my Return of Megatron set.

19. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

My Universe figs are not with me. :( 

20. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Since the only Universe TFs I have fit into the Altered G1 Universe (the universe where Altercron comes into play) I display them together. Which means that most of them are somewhere near Unicron.