Where Do You Buy Your Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CURAMEN, Jul 21, 2009.

1. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I have been collecting Transformers since I was a kid back in the 80's and owned quite a few G1's, but unfortunately I did not hang on to them.

When the Takara bookstyle reissues came out, that inspired me to start collecting again and at first it was only G1... You know what happened next... Alternators, Binaltechs, MP's, Cybertron, Animated, Classics, TFTM, ROTF... You get the picture.

Anyways, it's been almost 10 years and my collection has grown enormously throughout the years and I asked myself... Where have all my Robits come from?

The answer...

I purchased a majority of my Transformers from the following sources, starting with my favorite places first...

1. The Junkion Exchange on this Forum - The BEST place to shop IMO - Great Deals on Various Lines... You really never know what to expect and it's always cool dealing with forum members

2. Thomas from ToyArena - Awesome Guy and Good Prices - I always buy all the new stuff from him from my MP's, Encores, etc. - I highly recommend him!

3. Conventions - San Diego Comicon, Frank and Son's in Walnut, CA (Mainly to see Thomas from ToyArena), The recent Botcon in Pasadena and various other cons like Wizard World

4. Digital Toys - Purchased my Takara Bookstyle Reissues and BT's at a cheap price (I think the BT's were on clearance at one time and I bought all they had, which was almost the whole collection)

4. A guy named Yoshi (I think) from Japan who lived in Torrance, CA - He always had the Takara Bookstyle Reissues at a good price - Too bad we never kept in touch

5. Retailers like TRU, Target and Wal-Mart for U.S. mass release merchandise

6. Lastly Ebay - Every now and then I turn to Ebay to buy things I can't seem to find

Anyways, where do you get your stuff?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, first this should be in toy discussion

And to answer your question, mostly retail; Target, Wal-Mart and TRU

But also the Junkion Exchange, Ebay and local comic stores!

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I buy from a number of places:

1) Toys R Us
    2) Wal-Mart
    3) Target
    4) TF Source
    5) Big Bad Toy Store

Only one time did I ever purchase a TF from eBay, and that was the Universe Dragstrip. And there's been a few times that I purchased TFs from members here on TFW2005 and on The Cybertron Archive (TCA).

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    mainly wal-mart, and sometimes target, and once a month i go to the local flea market and piss everybody off on here by what i find hehehe oh and sometimes ebay and once in a blue moon TRU and once BBTS

5. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Mostly Ebay, here and either BBTS or TF Source. No need to go anywhere else unless Walmart or TRU has a nice G1/type re-issue.

6. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

This should most likely be put in toy discussion, but, online, walmart, thats about it really.

7. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mostly at Wal-Mart, ocassionally at yard sales, flea markets, and places like Goodwill.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Let's see here, I buy Transformers from Target, K-mart, Dollar General, and Big Lots. I'd add TRU to the list, but I haven't been there in well over a year, and have only ever bought one TF there. I used to go to Walshit, but I haven't stepped foot into one in almost two years now, and have no plans to ever do so ever again. I also go to some Goodwill's and resale shops every once in a while to see if I can find any older TF's, but I haven't done that in a while either, lol.

9. LifePincher

Corrected---

This should most likely be put in toy discussion. Online and Walmart, thats about it really.

UH........Comma comma Obama, bananna fanna fo fama :gen069: 

10. newguy

newguy i

Target... bitches

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Wal-mart, Target and a little vintage Toy shop in my town but im plotting a major online purchase soon gonna drop around $200 which is major for me

12. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

I buy mine at GODDAMN FÆTTER BR, and they rarely have anything interesting on the shelves.

Living in Denmark sucks the big one.

I've heard americans complain about not being able to find the purple TFA Shockwave in their stores. I'll be darned lucky if I ever find a regular TFA Shockwave in ANY stores over here, and shipping fees are INSANE if you live in a scandinavian country like I do, so ordering something online is a rare treat.

13. LifePincher

I miss the Toys R Us of the Mid/late 80's. Even with the popularity of the movies, it's just not the same.

One lonnnnnng/half isle of nothing but G1 goodness back then.

14. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    anywhere and everywhere...

15. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Wal-Mart
    2. E-Bay
    3. Local Comic Shop

16. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

I have a couple of sources:

BBTS: online exclusives that I can't find at retail stores. Encore Bruticus shall be mine!

TRU: at times I luck out on finding stuff on sale, thanks to this site's sightings.

Target: for exclusives such as ROTF Superion Maximus.

Image Anime and Toy Tokyo, NYC: Henkei re-issues and Encore re-issues. Still iffy on Masterpiece Megs at TT.

17. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

-TF message boards
    -local collector shops
    -Wal-Mart
    -TRU
    -Zellers (occasionally)
    -Ebay
    -Woolco, Toy City, Consumers Distributing, and Bargain Harold's...my time machine is running out of juice though...:p  jk

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    sadly..only ASDA and TESCO.

19. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually buy from Target and Toysrus. Lately I only visit Wal-Mart if I'm on the hunt for an exclusive or if I have time to see what they've got.

20. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Target and Wal-Mart mostly. TRU every now and then. I gave up on K-Mart years ago. I've been able to purchase a ton of cool figures from the awesome members of this site as well. I tend to avoid eBay because things get way too pricey for me on there.