Where do you buy your Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mega Convoy, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Mega Convoy

Mega Convoy Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a while and some of the regular places I used have been replaced with better options I'm sure. Who has the best prices all around? Pre-orders and regular stock please. I know a lot of people rave about BBTS, but I'd like to have more options. Who do you recommend, who don't you recommend, and who generally *won't* cancel your order if it becomes a "hot" item?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    TFsource is really good. Digital-Toys is also good. I prefer them to BBTS just because of price. BBTS used to be my favorite place, but thier prices have been slowly climbing as of the last couple years. All three sites offer excellent customer service.

3. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree on all counts. I have been reluctant to use other stores, but Brian's Toys seemed to work out well, and I have just filed a pre-order with Captured Prey, they look promising so I am giving them a try. TfSource and Digital-Toys are my primary stores of choice, at least for the last 18 months.

Bill's Toys and Games has always had issues, but he has always come through for me in the end. Ages 3 and Up stole $100 from me. Tried Image Anime once, had a problem, but that was UPS's fault, not theirs. Other than that Ebay.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

BBTS, TFsource, Digital-toys and JRS toyworld.

Also, if you like a challenge...toywiz.com.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Walmart, Target, K-Mart, and Toys"R"Us. I don't buy anything online. I'd rather purchase it in person.

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    BBTS is still my mainstay... never had a problem with them.

JRS Toyworld, HLJ.com, and Ebay are the only other places that I have any experience with. TFAW.com [Things from Another World] is where I go for TF comics/TPBs.

7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I prefer to get things in brick and mortar stores...Target seems to get things earlier and more consistently...Walmart's prices are typically a little better, though distribution has been a bit spotty...and sometimes Toys'r'Us comes through (but typically with higher prices and less of a selection).

However, I've ordered some stuff online in the past from http://www.bigbadtoystore.com (prices are higher, but service and dependability are great), http://www.walmart.com (great service, decent prices), http://www.amazon.com (so-so selection, decent prices and service), and http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com (got in on a 25% off + free shipping deal, but service was unpredictable). I recently got a TF through http://www.hometowntoys.biz and got decent item and shipping prices and awesome service.

When all is said and done, I use Target more than any other single source.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use BBTS for ~90% of my online purchases and haven't had problems with them. I've used Toynk.com for a few Takara reissues and have been very impressed with their prices and shipping speed...but they don't have the greatest selection. I bought something at Toyrocket.com quite awhile ago and that was a good experience as well. I've never used Ages Three and Up, but I've heard good stuff and might give them a shot for a few of the cheaper Happy Well Not-Alternators. Walmart.com is decent and often has the best prices, but new stuff goes out of stock in a blink and their shipping is a little expensive. Hasbro Toy Shop, I've never had a problem with and they ship fast, but new stuff goes out of stock really fast.

The only sites I've had problems with are Bills Toys and Games, with two items that took forever to arrive (I've had packages take less time coming to me regular mail from Canada), and KBToys.com (although that case I blame on their shipper, DHL, for losing my items...KB was more than happy to give me a refund when I called about the problem).

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

BBTS for stuff for stuff I can't get in the states (except MP Megatron it seems...sigh.) Walmart, Target, TRU for everything mainland.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I agree with you. For domestic stuff, I get everything at brick and mortar. However, Takara reissues, Masterpiece figures, and WST Dinobots are not available in stores. For these, I go to TFsource. If they don't have them, then I go to digital-toys or bbts.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

transformerland, bbts, amazon.com, digital toys, or trus.

12. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Anywhere that sells toys, and the usual hot spots like Toys R' Us, Target, Walmart and some dude found some good ones at a CVS. Now thats hunting.

13. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    HLJ.com, BBTS and Digital-Toys. I also have regular deals with Sportinmorton from this forum. Very nice guy and great service.

14. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

Here, here. Sometimes you can find older stuff in Big Lots or Tuesday Morning.

15. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

BBTS and JRSToyworld. Sometimes tru.com, but usually only for exclusives.

16. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    Tuesday Morning?

Is this a store? If so, I've never heard of it.

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I mainly buy my Tfs at Target but if I find good deals at other places I'll make exceptions.

18. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I generally buy my TFs like Insane Galvy does. Domestic releases at brick-and-mortar stores and reissues/japanese only stuff from online stores. Vintage stuff I generally get from eBay.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    General US releases I'll generally buy at either Target or TRU whenever I see it. Some things (Classics, the occasional titanium) I'll order online. I also get all my import stuff online, and I deal mainly with BBTS now. Also have used and been quite pleased with JRS, Digital Toys, Captured Prey, and TFSource. I stick with BBTS mostly since they carry other lines (SW titaniums mostly).

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    eBay & online stores. I haven't bought a TF in a UK store in a long time; too damn expensive.