Where do Transformers live-action films go after the Bay series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Jun 14, 2010.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC designs is shit for animation, just look at how every robot in the trailers run like WOODY from Toy Story, keep the movie designs, homage G1 more if they want to, but keep the same style.

Just improve story.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC designs is shit for animation, just look at how every robot in the trailers run like WOODY from Toy Story, keep the movie designs, homage G1 more if they want to, but keep the same style.

Just improve story.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I really hope they don´t go to the extremes that Animated showed. It´s ok to have strong villains. It´s not okay to let them beat all the Autobors at once, like Blitzwing was doing in an episode. People complain that movies fall to one extreme making the villains to weak, I say Animated falls to the other, making them too strong.

4. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

QFT.

Jochimus, that was great stuff and I think it would be truly epic, something the first two films have tried to achieve but have fallen slightly short of achieving.

I dub thee producer, writer, and maybe even director of the reboot!

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree taking it to the Animated level would be taking things too far the other way. All you are doing then would be to replace the Decepticons being too weak with the Autobots being too weak so it's still the same problem of one side being too weak.

I think we need that middle ground of something like Doc Ock from Spiderman 2, the Joker from The Dark Knight, or even a perhaps a Darth Vader type of character. They aren't easy to beat so you get that nice tension of maybe the good guy will not win, but they are still beatable in some way so it's actually believable when the good guys do find a way to win.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Thank you for pointing this out. I was watching G1 yesterday and thinking the exact same thing. The Bay movies incidentally have those things in common.

7. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regarding the designs, I think the main problem is that some of the current movie designs stray too far away from how we as a fan base visualize the original characters.

Take Starscream for example. Apart from the fact that he transforms into a Jet, he doesn't resemble the original character at all. If someone had given me a picture of the movie version without telling who it was, I wouldn't have had a clue that it was Screamer.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Myself I rather see a "future" movie for the Transformers. Say like 300 years after the 3rd movie ends Have a ship captian named Primal Prime and his Maximals. Have him and his crew track down the rogue Predacon Galvatron and his crew. Keep the style the same to fit in with the first three movies.

First of the series would feature a conflict with the two crews. Then in the 4th and 5th movies it grows to a full out inter galanic war on both Cybertron and Earth. During which we can see Primal Prime rise from a nobody to a equal of Optimus Prime. During the end of the 4th movie, the Tripredicus Council would be shown building their own army while the Maximals and Predacons fight. The army would be the Vehicons, and their generals Jetstorm, Tankor, and Thrust.

I would make sure that others names would be different too, like no Cheetor but maybe using the Blurr name instead for him. Dinobot would be called Chopperface. In the first movie he's all out Predacon, second he's questioning the Predacon cause, 3rd he joins the Maximals.

Would prefer to have the voice actor legends Gary Chalk, David Kaye, and Scott McNeil in it. The others could be new voice actors or the rest of the BW cast.

9. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

Jetbolt brings up an interesting idea: a simple way to do a "non-reboot reboot" would be to do what G1 did twice, both in the first TF:TM and in BW, etc.

After TF3, new creators could come in and tells stories set in the future. Twenty to thirty years would be a good amount of time, IMO.

This could lead to shifting the focus to a new set of human characters, as well as providing a logical narrative reasoning for not only new TFs, but also, new versions of existing TFs. Prime and co. would have to upgrade themselves to go along with the changes to their alt modes in two or three decades, and thus could look significantly different.

And if Unicron isn't involved in TF3, I say bring him on! Or maybe just build up to his appearance. Maybe a new trilogy that sees the Decepticons conquering Cybertron while the Autobots make Earth their staging ground to re-take it, a la TF:TM? Then the third movie would bring Unicron, the death of Hot Rod this time around, and then the foundation for another series of films.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    they go to another group of creatives.

Here's hoping that they have the touch!

11. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I'd rather they do some sort loose sequel or, like it has been suggested, a direct sequel that jumps ahead 20 or so years. I still think there is a lot of potential to be had in the movieverse. They just need a director willing to cut through all of the fluff.

I mean, honestly, I think people are too hung up on reboots nowadays.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps I'm missing something important but I just don't see all this potential people keep talking about. The movies just seemed to follow the normal Hollywood formula for summer action films with the only difference being transforming robots.

Without the sweeping changes of a reboot exactly how do the films become something different? At some point wouldn't just more of the same run the film series into the ground when the public gets a feeling of the films are just more of the same they have already seen.