where do they get their ammo?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cambaprecoz, May 24, 2007.

1. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

ok, so, i understand plasma beams and lasers are produced by their body energy supply (energon must be a hell of a battery!)

but what about missiles? bullets? grenades in their grenade-launchers?

is it nanobot tech? is it "cheating"? or is it just that they stored enough for a war?

aghhhh! i'm confused! help me! or die!

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    recycled cans?

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

they pic it up at costco

4. Rufus Prime

Rufus Prime The Toy Maker

Spare parts from G1 toys?

5. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

man! some very funny replies here! haha, i think i'm liking this post!

wow, the have love for the earth, literally. that makes a lot of sense!

wow! they shop smart! "can i give you some candies,Mr. optimus? i dont have change"

-"uhhhh, ok?"

so that's why we have run out of g1 toys! darn it!

6. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

OMG Just wait to see the freaking movie!!

"ZOMG information hasn't been released or I have yet to see it .... so I will draw my own conclusions and call it utter crap! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG Bay has ruined my childhood!"

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've wondered this myself since G1.

I doubt the movie will explain it, but my guess to explain it would be that their bodies can convert energy to matter, and they "grow" new projectiles.

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

They produce it internally.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    its their bodily waste!!! They are chunking poo at each other like monkeys!!!

10. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Well, they'd have to mass-convert, draw materials and chemicals from somewhere else to create and destruct particles based on their needs. That way, they could create ballistics internally, but it would probably require some down-time to "reload". But, since the movie Transformers don't mass-convert, then it has to be magic ammo pixies.. :lolol 

11. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

they looted the terrorists on the way into town

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Maybe they eat, or absorb raw minerals somehow.

13. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG it's THE SUBSPACE THEORY ALL OVER THIS MOVIE ZOMG THEY'RE CHEATING BAY IS RAPING MY CHILDHOOD

jk, LOL.

14. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Well if you think about it, our bodies "mass convert" too. Our digestive system takes the food that we eat and converts it into sugar, protein, and other substances our body needs.

I wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Cybertronians can in fact convert some of their fuel (energon) into different chemicals and substances, including the materials needed to make ammo and weapons.

Of course I could just be a fanboy reaching for answers when there are none. :lolol 

15. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Harry potter just kind of follows them around

16. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    more importantly, what the hell is there plan to get BACK to cybertron? space bridge it?

17. NothingHead

You and Hypergeek of course bring up the most obvious "real-world" answer. The question, of course, is what they eat. Surely, they aren't just ingesting random junk and magically converting it into ordinance. That would again require either mass conversion or pixie magic.

Furthermore, surely Cybertronian weaponry is different from Earth-based weapons. If these things don't even have humanoid faces and hands, why would they have something so pedestrian as projectile weapons? So, for some reason, their weapons-systems reformat, as well, since we've seen characters use weapons beyond what their alt-modes would be equiped with. Most likely, I'd say it was because alien weapons need alien ingredients to function, so they make Earth-based weapons when they only have Earth-based materials.

But wouldn't that mean that Megatron should be the most severely under-powered robot on Earth, since he's stuck with his alien form and must power his weapons with whatever he has stored up? Clearly, that's not the case. So there's another answer, somewhere. Maybe it's Energon?

But, does Energon even exist in the movie world, now that the Energon Cube and the Matrix have been integrated into the Allspark? Or does the Allspark 'feed' every Transformer remotely? If it did, they would probably have an easier time tracking it. However, in the prequel comics, we're made to assume that Cybertron is a dead world now that the Allspark is gone. Perhaps it has a range? Perhaps this garbage makes no sense, no matter how "realistic" this new canon supposedly is? Perhaps I'm a nerd? The possibilities are mind-boggling.

Yay, moot, nerdy, academic disputation over Sci-Fi physics! I love this crap! Who wants to go next??

18. NothingHead

Exactly right. But then, our bodies break materials down into their raw elements and use those directly. We're talking about converting presumably inert matter into explosives. it'd take certain chemicals to do that.
    So, do these robots spend a portion of their time looking for specific material for "food", just as organic animals do? They'd have to, in this particular case, otherwise all their weapons utilize basic atomic fission or fusion.
    That'd mean Ironhide is firing mini-nukes and tiny suns out of that rocket launcher in the preview. Which would actually be kind of awesome, since I wouldn't mind Shia and Megan dying of radiation poisoning at the end..

19. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

So... so the projectiles Transformers shoot at you are... their waste product?

Wow, I gotta think this over....

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

So perhaps their ammo could be their poop. :)