Where do they get power and missiles?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wingspanky, May 27, 2008.

1. Wingspanky

Wingspanky Well-Known Member

Hi I am a newbie here so forgive me if this has been discussed. But where do the Movie-verse transformers get their energy and weapons from. Megatron had been in ice for centuries yet he woke up a killing machine without a recharge. Where did he get his power? Starscream was letting off missles left and right. Where did the missles come from? Where did Frenzy get bullets? Are their weapons their waste? I know it sounds crazy.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess it's one of those things chalked up to Suspension of Disbelief. Welcome to the boards by-the-way.

3. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Good thread, I wanted to ask this as well but kinda forgot after Animated came out :D 

I had this idea that the Cybertronians inherited the ability to convert energy into mass, from the Allspark. Einstein's formula, e=mc2 (Not Mariah Carey).

For power, I suppose their technology is so advanced that their power systems are more than 100% efficient, in other words they can regenerate energy as long as they aren't doing anything vigorous.

I do know that it's explained that they absorb matter around them when they need to reformat. They use the materials for their new alternate mode.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, Imagine Mariah Carey squared!?!?!?!

5. soundwave34

soundwave34 OBSESSED Transformers Fan

They manufacture their own ammunition to a certain extent. For scanning alternate modes as well as power their weapons, they need lots of energon. Also they use Photon Charges.
    I thought about this before.

6. Wingspanky

Wingspanky Well-Known Member

Thank you for the welcome sir BTW

7. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's mechanical waste. See how they're 'naked' as protoforms, and then get all the vehicle kibble covering their bodies after scanning earth vehicles and machines. Specially if you consider they must have a power source similar to nuclear fusion or something, there'll be waste and this is how they process it - converting their 'poo' into body armor and weapons.

In other words, they're covered in their own sh*t.

It also generates stuff like the Bee-otch deodorizer and the small light globe inside BB's vehicle mode.

That's my theory, and welcome to the boards :) 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's one of those things where you have to draw the line between "beleiveable and explainable" and "it's just a movie, dude".

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    As far as Starsceam, I assumed his ammo was the ammo of the F-22...
    If your alt. form is a vehicle with weapons, then you'd certainly have them to use in priamary form I would think.

10. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy Answer: Advanced Alien Technology

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i always imagined their power came from their spark, hich was some sort of more-or-less everlasting supply of energy. as for weapons, i figured they already had the missiles on them when they got to earth

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's said somewhere - I can't remember the source but it was official movie merchandise - that a protoform can use local minerals/metals to augment their own mass if they need it for a chosen alt mode. Presumably they can use the same process to create new ammo?

13. snavej

snavej 5th Dan garage tidier

News Credits:
    Actually, some of the weapons fire was energy-based, i.e. no bullets or missiles. There is plenty of energy around in the environment: solar power, electromagnetic power in the ground and the air, fission and fusion power in atoms, even zero-point power in the space between atoms!

I guess that bullets and missiles can be grown quickly inside Transformer bodies but eventually they have to replenish their material resources by consuming something from their surroundings.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i just sort of accepted the whole "advanced alien race thing". they probably use some sort of process that is really advanced and that we wouldn't deem possible at this point in time.

not that i'm not curious, i've just learned to accept things that i can't understand for what they are. that's why im not religious.

15. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Aaaah, I remember when I asked this question for the first time.
    It's starting all over again.
    We never had a conclusion thought.

16. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Unless it's noted visually, or in a line
    (i.e. "i'm out of ammo"),
    then you can just assume they have a unlimited supply stored in subspace
    (along with prime's G1 trailer, and most hand weapons).
    Unless it's a plotline in the show,
    the general rule of thumb is:
    Suspension Of Belief.
    If you think about it to long,
    it just gives you a migrane.

:banghead: 

17. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Why would he need a recharge? Being trapped in the ice, he couldn't move so his energy usage was probably at an extreme minimum until he finally had a chance to break free. We don't really know where Transformers get their energy from in the films since that subject hasn't been covered yet.

They mentioned in the movie that Scorponok's tail section was some kind of self regenerating molecular armor. I'd have to guess that same or similar technology allows them to replenish ammo supplies.

18. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    They get them because they are awesome.

19. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

One thing that always bugs me about the movie, especially Starscream, is how they used regular boring Earth weapons. I wanted to see some advanced alien weapons, Megatron had his giant cannon but the rest just used regular bullets & missiles. That sucked!

20. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Well, the Allspark is supposedly what created the Cybertronians, and their Sparks are pieces of infinite power of the infinite Allspark. For all we know, it's the power source for the Cybertronian's body, and they just call it a Spark (since it came from the Allspark).

Only the shell of the missile is energy-to-mass method. Starscream's missiles, for example, LOOK like conventional weaponry we'd find on an F-22, but they are loaded with raw Energon.