where do spotlights drift and jazz fit in?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've read all of the idw-verse up to (but not including) spotlight grimlock/maximum dinobots/ahm, basically because I wanted to wait for maximum dinobots to be finished before starting with ahm. but now that those two spotlights are out, I'd like to read them where they go chronologically. any ideas?

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Let's see.

Drift fits in sometime right before AHM... it's shows Kup (fully recovered) putting together a new team and asking Drift to join.

Jazz... well, there's two time frames that it hits. The first is sometime during (or possibly right before) All Hail Megatron. When the Autobots are on Cybertron licking their wounds. Tracks's story about Jazz (which is the bulk of the issue) takes place somewhere in the past. Not sure exactly when. I would guess around the same timeframe as Blurr, maybe?

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Drift would fit somewhere between Revelations and AHM while Jazz would fit probably right before AHM.

Least that's how I see it.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

sweet, thanks guys!

5. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Uncounted Outlier

News Credits:
    If you want specifics: The flashback sequence goes down a good while after Spotlight: Blurr. The Autobots as an idea, force and movement are well established, but war has yet to decimate the planet (hence Iacon still being intact and vibrant). The Autobot hierarchy is in place, and Jazz is definitely in Special Ops.

The experiments Thunderwing and disappearance of Shockwave are a long way off at this point.

The framing sequence takes places shortly after the Bots' arrival on Cybertron.