Where do Shattered Glass Get There Color Scheme From?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mitch FIN Keith, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

Im doing some shattered glass customs and i wondered if there was a comic or something that show cased this story arc and how many characters were in it.

This started as me wanting a shattered glass optimus prime and not being willing to spend that kind of money. so im going to get as close as i can to that figure. but he cant be alone, so im making a shattered glass bumblebee(purple), shattered glass kup (black and white) and a shattered glass of an original character i already made (white and silver). They all are going to have ridiculous weapons too.

i was just wondering if someone could point me in a good direction to seeing some shattered glass characters

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

In most cases, the color schemes are taken from a counterpart in the "good" universe. Here are some examples:

SG Optimus = Galvatron (although SG Galvatron also has these colors)
    SG Bumblebee/Goldbug = reversed movie coloration (a.k.a. Stealth Bumblebee), no pictures exist of his pre-Goldbug form
    SG Grimlock = Trypticon
    SG Hot Rod = Skywarp
    SG Megatron = Optimus Prime (w/ a new head sculpt based on a VERY early comercial portrayal of Megatron's head)
    SG Reflector = G1 Bumblebee
    SG Starscream = G1 Jetfire.

And in other cases, SG characters are just repurposed existing toys, such as SG Seaspray actually being represented by the 07 movie line Target exclusive "Storm Surge", a scout-class hovercraft. Here's a full listing:
    Shattered Glass (toyline) - Transformers Wiki