Where did you order your MP Grimlock form? Whos the cheapest!! lol

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skywarp181, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay guys, whos the cheapest and trustworthy to order from?

big bad toy store has itfor 145.00 dont know how much shipping is?

2. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tfsource has it for $134.95 and Automation has it for $121.17 US
    both sites are very trustworthy!

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't Hasrbo say they are releasing it? I'll just wait for that release when it is around $70.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Nope. All the talk about a Hasbro release around here is just pure speculation.

5. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Hasbro's obviously going to release it. Takara wouldn't make a $150 mold they can't repaint that Hasbro has no interest in.

I guarantee you that the product will hit U.S. shelves, but don't expect it for anything less than $99.99.

6. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Wait... a $150 MP figure that Takara made... can't really repaint... and Hasbro has no interest in? I can think of one - MP Megatron! So the answer is - yes Takara would!

I don't think Hasbro has ever indicated that they have an interest or place in their line-up for anymore MPs. The 20th Ann. Prime did ok and the Walmart MP SS was kind of a failure. Plus, where would they put it? They've got Universe they have to put on hold till after the TF movie and a successful TV show.

Takara's making alot of great stuff - Henkei, Encore, MP, etc. But with the exception of Henkei, I don't see alot of their stuff co-ordinating with Hasbro.

7. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro said they would look into a possible release of him but currently has no plans to.

8. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    lol wut

I couldn't even find MP Starscream out here.

9. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that thing flew off the shelves. Not sure what he's talking about.

10. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Literally, I think the whole state of WA got maybe 20 MP SS and those were gone in half a day.

Almost as bad as the Best Buy metallic figures...

On topic, I would recommend TFSource for the Grimy.

11. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I first placed a preorder at BBTS, but as soon as TFSource got the preorder up, I cancelled BBTS and wet w/TFS.

12. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Wait... a $150 MP figure that Takara made... can't really repaint... and Hasbro has no interest in? I can think of one - MP Megatron! So the answer is - yes Takara would!

I don't think Hasbro has ever indicated that they have an interest or place in their line-up for anymore MPs. The 20th Ann. Prime did ok and the Walmart MP SS was kind of a failure.

First of all, MP Megs was $100. Grimlock is the most expensive Masterpiece released to date, unless you count MP-04. Note that Megatron is a much more famous character than Grimlock.

Hasbro can't release MP Megatron due to U.S. laws.

Hasbro has stated that they have expressed a desire to produce a MP Grimlock figure. MP SS was released during the movie line in 2007.

13. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto. I actually had 3 or 4 things on preorder at BBTS, then I realized I could get it all, after shipping, for about $40-50 cheaper at TFsource.

14. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

They said they were looking to release a future Masterpiece, and Grimlock is the only mold that hasn't been released that can be here. At this point, it's a bit more than 'pure' speculation.

15. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, there's also Skywarp and Thundercracker. And Hasbro has been known to say things before and it not pan out. I wouldn't solely rely on it happening, until we see some leaked in-package pictures hehe.

16. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Placed my preorder with TFSource. Have no complaints about their service at all.

17. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Back off topic, I waited in line like 5 minutes before opening only to find that BB only had 1 of each figure! Stupidest marketing ever. :mad: 

18. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

I bought my MP Megs when he first came out and he was $150. And my point is that Hasbro has passed on MP Megs and he did meet the earlier requirements that you stated; showing that yes, Hasbro can opt not to release a figure stateside that has already been made by Takara. Hence they can opt out of Grimy, as well - nothing is set in stone.

I'm not sure I buy the part about Hasbro not releasing MP Megs because of US laws, otherwise how did we import MP Megs in the first place? He was a gun made in China and shipped to the States, how is that different from Hasbro making a gun in China and shipping it to the States?

MP SS appeared pretty far into the movie line (Nov. '07) and was an exclusive, which doesn't actually make him "part" of a line. His packaging did not reference the TF movie; he was more of stand-alone piece.

I could see if Grimy was in the TF2 movie, maybe we'd have a chance; but that idea is unknown and, IMO, unlikely. I'd say, don't wait for Hasbro and the unknown - order the Grimy now while you can. Being that he's the first new MP mold we've seen in awhile, he will easily sell fast.

19. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    I can't believe no one mention Robotkingdom.com. they're price is lower than what anyone has yet mentioned!

20. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

Neither Would I, I'm just saying it isn't unfounded to think we'll be getting Grimlock domestically.