Where did TLK went wrong?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wubglitch, Jan 24, 2018.

?

TLK vs AOE writing?

Poll closed Feb 7, 2018.
  1. TLK were written better

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. AOE were written better

22 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Neither of them were even good.

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Both of them are at the same level

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 2007 movie

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Let's just all pretend that Burton was a mad man with all those pictures and stuff.

One of the first questions Cade asked him was, "What are you smoking in that pipe?" And Bumblebee doesn't even know what he was talking about when he said he met him during WWII.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Liking it or not, the new bot designs or the KSI bots transformations, AoE was building upon the first three movies and did not contradict it. TLK in comparison is just schizophrenic. It uses fallout after the battle of Chicago as an important plot point... But then contradicts the previous mythos. And just because of this if I have to pick between AoE and TLK my vote goes to AoE.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

While I totally agree, both movies suffer from the same thing. They both feel like two or three movies were smashed together to make one. AOE less so but you can still cut out like 30 minutes to maybe an hour of it as part of a separate movie (for both AOE and TLK) and make the main AOE story feel tighter and better. All the later Lockdown stuff could easily be moved to the beginning of TLK.

• Like Like x 1