Where did these names originate from again?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    During the Energon line, there was some bizarre name-juggling for several toys.

A Bruticus Maximus limb (helicopter) went from "Raptor" to "Blackout" (final name).
    Another Bruticus Maximus lumb (tank) went from "Scattorshot" to "Blight" (final name).

The redeco of Shockblast went from "Six Shot" to "Scattorshot" and then back to "Six Shot" (final name).

The Hasbro version of Wing Saber went from "Wing Saber" to "Superion Maximus" and then back to "Wing Saber" (final).

Apparently Wing Saber as "Superion Maximus" and Six Shot as "Scattorshot" both originate from bios posted at Transformers.com on November 19, 2004 (which also contained other errors such as "Shockwave", "Scorpanok" and "Sharticon").

Does anyone know where the other two names ("Raptor" for Blackout, "Scattorshot" for Blight) originate from? If it helps, I seem to have posted a name overview at TF Archive containing both names on October 29, 2004 (edited with the final names on November 19, when the Transformers.com update featured those names in the new product preview).

2. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

:drunk 
    He'd better change his robo-pants!

As for the Scattorshot part, wasn't there a target master or something like that with that name? If my terrible memory is actually correct about that rememberance, then I guess it would just be standard name recycling.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The original was the Technobot leader, Scattershot, with an E instead of an O. But that's not what he means, he's after the original source for the reported use of the name for Energon. That part I dont know.

4. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

Ah well. I'm not going to be of mush help with that, then.

Sharticon still has me in stiches, though!:lolol 

5. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Found it. Was a Wal*Mart listing reported by Jon Hartman, with "Scattorshot" spelled as "Scattor Shot" (two words).

Does anyone have the bio card for Six Shot as "Scattorshot" saved? They put it online as an image file, right?

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No Scattorshot is neurotic tank who has bing guns and fear the boogyman!!! :p 

7. Nevermore

News Credits:
    EDIT: Same for the bio card of Wing Saber as "Superion Maximus".