Where did Fansproject go? What's up?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Zambot, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Don't know if there has been any word about FP, but it's been awhile. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about Fansprojects next release.

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Aww. Great, thanks Process. I haven't checked the Core site in awhile.

Good to hear though. Look forward to seeing what's next. Would love to see some teaser images of the rumored Stunticons set. :) 

4. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    its coming soon!!!!!! somthing.......or some part maybe?????

they will update there page soon and info!!! so yeah they are coming out with somthing! i hope it is for tfp!

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    It will be worth the silence, I am sure.

6. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

If they never produce another upgrade or toy, I think Fans Project might still go down as the finest Third Party company. Bruticus, Ultra Magnus, Springer, the Insecticons, Rodimus Prime, these are must haves for any Classic shelf.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Wait until we get Junkion, Broadside and Menasor!!!! FP was the first 3rd party to become popular and have always produced top notch figures/ accessories at the best prices of all teh 3rd party groups.

Anyway, anyone else notice inthe last little while that FP items from yesteryear are being restocked? Looks to me like FP is ready to bang out some moulds and is raising up some funds to do so.

FP hasn't gone anywhere, they just went into hardcore training mode so they can win the 3rd party battle of 2012. The real reason they are silent and not revealing teasers is because too many things are getting stolen these days, and being done so very quickly, so they want to make sure they are ready to produce before showing.

Although it seems that this year Hasbro is actually going to cause these groups some hardcore problems with all their awesome releases.

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    You speak some truth in that last sentence there Transbot. Hasbro def stepped up there game in this first round of 2012. If FP does have something up their sleeve its gonna have to be better then a FOC Bruticas thats fo sho. One things for dam sure , we the collectors are gonna be some broke ass mo fo's come years end!

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I know FP will score major sales with their Junkion release, it's troop building. AND if they stick to their original idea of Wreckgar (would change to generic Junkion) , Female Junkion and Old Warrior Junkion thats a lot of sales off practically one mould.
    Then FP will hit us with Broadside. FP + Triplechanger = great seller.

This will lead them to their BIG project that is enough to make or break any 3rd party group if it fails. MENASOR. A cross between their Causality line and Crossfire line, two proven major successes, this thing will be a sure fire sell out. FP + combiner = sold out!

I do have a feeling that Hasbro may take that opportunity to knock out FP. Hasbro just gave us Bruticus for FOC. There are new Stunticon names showing up in the Prime line. I think Hasbro just may hit us with a Menasor this year as well, if not, they will do so next year but if it does exist they will announce it to crush FPs Menasor.

Personally I think the odds of a Prime Menasor are a lot higher than a Classic Menasor. So, FP may still be able to sell well considering everyone loves Classics. But IF Hasbro releases a fan wank combiner of Menasor then FP is sunk. I don't care if FP wins out in design, 300-400 combiner vs 100? Is it even a fair competition at that point?

I'm sure FP has nothing to worry about in the end but if I were 3rd party groups I would worry less about legal issues and more about Hasbro releasing figure to counter the 3rd party stuff this year.

As for money spent this year, between 3rd party, FOC, Generations and Prime...I think I will just ignore the money spent and just enjoy the hobby. 4-5 years in to the Golden age and we are still on the upswing of things :) 

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    what are you referring to? the Prime figs?
    personally, i havent bought anything hasbro since MP rodimus and the CHUG line ended...and the only thing Ive wanted from them recently is MP10 but im waiting for a US release.

edit: so i see theres an FoC Bruticus. hmm. not that impressed, and not too worried for FP either.

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    At first I really wanted to cash out on those FE Prime Voyagers but I've lost interest in those as looking at so many great stuff that will be out later this year, makes me think twice. FP for sure has something good up their sleeve and I'd rather save my money on that and with Hasbro's announcement of FOC Bruticus, Shockwave, etc., this makes up for all FE Voyagers the US didn't get. Shoot, I might end up selling my FE Deluxe figures for the new FOC line classics stuff..My wallet is ease for the time being.

12. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping its something that hasn't already been shown/teased with silhouettes.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Menasor has never been teased. So far anything we know about it is information from reliable insiders. So thats a NO

YES to Heartmaster, Junkion and Broadside (WB-02)

14. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for that heart master! that figure looks amazing!
    and i think junkion is a no go now that Hasbro came out with Wreckgar