where did all my money go ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShawnL7, May 22, 2007.

1. ShawnL7

ShawnL7 Old School Transfan

Ok, I apologize to the few of you who noticed me having posted some threads in improper catagories. I'll think about it before I just post some dumb shit again.

I was lucky enough to have come across some money just recently. Only now... I'm wondering where it all went. I had to look at all my reciepts.
    "It's like you know where it went but you have to add it all up to make sure."
    Granted I've been a collector for many years and have been into Transformers since I was young and played with them. But lately anytime I have some extra money it somehow goes into another 'new' [or should I say... "new to me"] Transformer piece.
    So yeah... in the last month and a half I've spent over $1,500.00 on MIB Transformers from ebay and Transformerland.
    And now I sit here and wonder why I'm broke until Friday ! hehe

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Been there, done that. (the empty wallet)

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Just take it easy and read thru the forum. You're learn the rules as you go along.
    There's a ton of members here that collect G1 MIB. I like to consider myself one of them. There's constant sales and trading on this board. Be patience or else you will burn and crash. :drunk 

4. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

What did you buy for 1.5K?

just curious...

5. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Hey, you know, as long as you had fun spending it, then it's all good.

6. ShawnL7

Ok if you must know. As I've stated before I'm usally only interested in the packaged and complete TFs lately.
    \So all of these are MIB original Transformers.
    Mib Kupp
    Springer
    Grimlock
    Swoop
    Snarl
    Sludge
    Blitzwing
    SkyLynx
    Twintwist
    Rampage
    Rodimus Prime
    and Wreck Gar
    I've also purchase a few of the commemorative editon TFs for a great deal.

And then my good friend from way back in middle school let me talk him out of a box of loose G1 and G2 TFs. Including Fort Max, Metroplex, Galvatron, Shockwave, SkyLynx, Prime, Jazz, SideSwipe, Gnaw, Perceptor, Inferno, Devastator, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Seaspray, Beachcomber, and a whole slew of accessories and weapons.

7. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    besides what you got from your friend, was the ebay haul worth $1500? I dunno, just wondering

8. ShawnL7

Yeah they are nice to look at. But it wasnt nearly as fun as walking down the toy isle at Meijer and looking at all the TFs for sale back in the 80's.
    Now the only place I can go to do that is at Time Travelers in Berkley. And even there... the prices are a bit high. And with a limited selection. There really isnt anything better than shopping in person.

9. ShawnL7

Of course. They are all getting harder and harder to come by so I'm just grateful for the deals I've gotten. And I didnt spend it all on ebay. Matt at Transformerland was happy to take my money too !

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club of broke TF collectors! Just kidding.

I used to spend a lot of money on Ebay too. MIB Scorponok, MIB Shockwave, MISB Liokaiser, MIB Grimlock, Slag, and Sludge, all the Decepticon combiners except Menasor and Monstructor, etc etc. Now that I am having my first baby with my wife I've cut down a lot but I'll always collect toys.. just not as insane as before.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Hell, far as I'm concerned (which... isn't all that important as far as authority goes), you know how to type properly and are willing to learn, do you get points. :) 

As far as money? I try not to think about it... it'll only get me depressed. ;)