where can i watch/buy beast wars 2 and beast wars neo?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hulk23869, Jan 24, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Hey. I'm a huge beast wars transformers fan, I own all the original dvds and the austrailian release dvds and most of the action figures. I know there's a beast wars 2 and beast wars neo series, but I don't know how to obtain them. Have there been official releases in english/japanese? Where can I buy them? If no dvds are available then are they available to watch online for free? Any info would be helpful, thanks!

2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    TFCog.net has done dubbing of some of the episodes, but there are probably subtitled versions somewhere out there.

--Moony

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    youtube has subbed episodes of both

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The series haven't been released with subs officially (indeed, in Japan, neither one has even been released on DVD, just VHS), and no fansub group has ever successfully completed the series. An old group named... Centosaur...? something like that... managed the first 12 BWII eps and the movie years ago (these are what you'll find on Youtube and other video sites), while a chap named Grifter Prime who was working on them over the last year has managed only about 7 episodes of each series so far, and hasn't had anything new in over six months, so I'm assuming the project's dead.

5. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    grifter released a new episode at the start of december .hes not allowed to post links to it i think. as its on torrents icant post the link if ya want it ill send a pm. also from what i know the translators are having a bad time at the moment so the subs are on hold for a little while

6. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Yeah, I went on this crusade a few months ago, found basically what has been stated above. I'd LOVE to be able to get these all on dvd or any other format, subbed. I'd be willing to pay for it and probably a good bit. However, I'm not interested in paying for dvds of a little bit of it now, not knowing when or if the project will be completed. I know, the revenue now will make it possible for the program to continue and all that, but I'm looking for completion, preferably NOW!

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't find a set of dubbed BW Neo or BW2 cartoons!! Based on this topic, it seems they don't exist and I was wondering if anything has changed since January?

I have a set of all the episodes but they are in Japanese. Does anyone know of a program that could subtitle the episodes as I watch them?

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Not that I've ever seen in entirety for BW Neo. A search today shows that not all the episodes subbed are up there either unless I'm missing it/them. The first few yes, but not all 52 eps.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
  10. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you can somehow provide HQ raws, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people willing to help you do that. I applaud Grifter for his efforts, but even his raws were pretty bad, but I guess it's hard to get anything off of VHS tapes really. TV-Nihon I hear is interested in the show, but can't get good raws.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, here are some quick screen shots from the first BW Neo episode. Its VHS quality for sure but thats the best anyone has.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At any point in the series, does Galvatron or the other guy explain how they talk so well between their teeth?