Where can I preorder Classic Deluxe: GRIMLOCK for $9?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gamer, Nov 4, 2006.

1. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

all i c is high prices for this one

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    You're not gonna find Grimlock anywhere for a cheaper price right now. I'm just gonna wait until I find him on shelves, I refuse to pay double the price for him on the online stores.

3. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

y r they overcharging for Grimlock?

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    New figures in high demand are always overcharged because collectors want to be the first to get them and retailers know they can profit more on them, even for preorder. And $9 is less than even retail so you're really dreaming, wait till it comes out and just get it at Target or Walmart.

5. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and if im not mistaken, also because he only comes 1 per case

6. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?ID=18369&BR=496

7. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

That's Hasbro's site. They are not going to charge more than their MFSRP. Hasbro Toy Shop is outside (or rather inside) the loop of the other retailers. The simple fact is Grimlock is not out yet, he will be hard to find initially, so your best bet is either put down the high rates for a pre-order or join the rest of us out in the stores trying to find him.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, best bet on this is to just wait. A lot of the etailers are scalping the wave two Classics, because they're supposedly going to be short packed in comparison to the others that will have already have been out for one wave. If you're lucky... HTS might get some more Grimlock's in-stock so you can order him from them at that price, but otherwise I'd say that it's just best to wait. It's ridiculous to pay double for something you'll be able to easily find on the store shelves in a month or two. Crap... considering how often retailers restock merchandise at this time of year... Christmas is the best time for guys like us. Just got to be diligent on the hunt.

9. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    The price on that link is $9.99, still a little higher than $9 but I see your point. You missed the real deal a month or so back when Hasbro had 25% off and free shipping. I pre-ordered Grimlock for $7.49 + tax. You could wait for another deal on HasbroToyStore.com but I recommend you check local stores that carry Transformers after someone on the boards has sighted him. Most online stores will charge higher than the $10 you can find him for at retail, even Amazon.com is starting to charge more but they could be another one to keep an eye out for. I hope you can find one at a good price.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    As a slight hijack on the thread, anyone seen a pre-order for Jetfire? I'm rather enamoured with the figure, but considering that I didn't see a classics Megatron until this week, I'm probably not going to see Jetfire at a store until Christmas. Like Grimlock, his first appearance will be at a 1 per case as well.

BBTS has a preorder that includes Prime and Megatron, haven't seen it anywhere else. (And I don't want to order Prime and Megatron just to get Jetfire)

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    http://store.anime-killertoys.com/trhaclsefivo2.html

12. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I don't know if this will help since it is not a pre-order but here's a link to Jetfire on Wal-Mart.com. You can sometimes find the item in stock using these links before the item is listed in the search results.

Jetfire:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5026249

13. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because they can.

Prices will come down eventually, but it's going to be a few months yet.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    3rd from bottom.

http://www.digital-toys.com/transformersclassic.html

I'm fairly sure somebody will cut in with a complaint about paying more than $20 for it, but good luck finding it for that price online.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea, according to BBTS it's only 1 per case, along with, 1 of starscream, astrotrain, rodimus, and 2 bumblees and 2 Mirages.

so yes he will be hard to find, and with me seeing the megatron/jetfire cases, my guess is they're will only be one of them in those cases too, or else, they are going to have to remove both megatrons, which i'd suspect they would like to remove only one, of them rather then removing a prime and megatron, with prime being the more popular name.

so yea, might want to just order them by the case maybe?

16. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

what do u mean one per case?

17. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

The online prices reflect on their case quantities. Unlike large resellers such as Toys R Us and Walmart, specialty toyshops need to make up for the other figures in that case that won't sell as well because they were all sold in the previous wave.

For example BBTS target customer most likely bought all of wave on from them. Wave 2 is incredibly shortpacked having 2 Mirage and 1 Grimlock in a case of 8 (iirc). They need to make up for the figures that won't sell right away since they've already sold to their target in Wave 1.

I wouldn't call it scalping, it's just smart business practice. If you don't want to pay the premium then you can go out and hunt for yourself when they are released. Others have opted to pay the extra to avoid the frustration of searching. I'm one of those people. I honestly wish I got in when HTS had them, but I missed out. I do hope they get more for pre-order soon.. which I predict they well before the Christmas season.... I hope.

18. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

Hasbro sells these toys to retailers by the case. In this instance a case of 8 toys. Hasbro then decides what quantities of which toy to include in that case. For wave 2 of classics there will be only 1 Grimlock and 2 Mirage and 1 of the rest of the classics that were released in Wave 1. Thus the shortage of grimlocks. I'm hoping there will be a Wave 2.5 where the case assortment quantities are "fixed"

My personal opinion is that Astrotrain should be the shortpacked since all the other classics have sold out in my area while there are plenty of astrotrains on the pegs.

19. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

Well I just went ahead and ordered Grimlock from Digital Toys and payed the extra cost, I just got tired of searching around the net.

20. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

i ended up getting a test shot version and all i can say is WOW.....!!!!!!

this toy has far exeeded my expectations...but i did end up paying $15USD + shipping