Where Can I Get Thunderblast from Cybertron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mirage232, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone knew of any place online that I can buy the female Decepticon Thunderblast from the series Cybertron? Or even the Japanese counterpart Chromia? I mean the deluxe figure by the way, not the crappy minicon version. I looked everywhere and I can't find anyone selling her!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow Thunderblast prices sure have gone up on ebay. I'd try the junkion exchange on this site or the wanted section.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebays current buy it now prices are crazy.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm surprised she's so tough to find right now (just scanned BBTS - sold out, and the cheapest I saw on EBAY was $40 ) since that toy was not apparently rare or a fast seller during it's on-the-shelves run. Try asking around the buy/sell/trade boards here.

5. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People buying them up to do bashes of arcee? Why else buy that shellformer?

6. Mirage232

Yes, I was shocked, (and annoyed) at the ridiculous Ebay prices. $40.00 for a used Thunderblast? Screw that! It's not worth that much. I'll try your advice though, thanks.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I was just as shocked when I saw Energon Downshift going for more than a deluxe usually goes for (especially one I wouldn't mind parting with)

See if volpi1 (member here) has one. His prices are fairly constant, regardless of the figure in question (goes by size class, last I checked), and he almost always has anything recent available.

8. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    *Double post please delete*

9. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well Thunderblast/Chromia prices have been high on ebay since april '07 !! I've had a back-order for one at BBTS for like 5months. Ordered it late april, when it wasn't there in september i stopped looking...
    Luckily I them found Galaxy Force Chromia on ebay for $25 and bought it... else either the price would be $40 or so.

10. Mirage232

Geez, I remember when Energon Downshift was being cleared out by BBTT for like what, $5.00? Thanks for you advice Soundblaster. I just refuse to pay Ebay scalpers those prices for something that never even sold all that well in the first place. I love Transformers, but it's things like this that sometimes make me question if collecting them is really worth it.:( 

11. Mirage232

Aside from the rare event of clearing out some good items, I sorry to say I find BBTS pretty pointless these days. Their prices seem to be always rising, and they never have anything older than the current lines in stock. It is useless trying to find any older Transformers on that site.

12. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    That's pretty much anyone these days. The hobby is expanding faster than ANY retailer can keep up with. That's why I switched ALL my online deals to here or on ebay (and HTS as a fallback because they like to have teh salez on EVERYTHING, not just the stuff you can't move, BBTS!). Anything else is purchased in a store. (Although I have lucked out on more than one occasion, so I haven't had any problems)

13. Mirage232

Maby I should do the same then? I never really traded or bought anything from anyone here before, though, so I don't know how well the transactions go on TFW2005. As for the hobby expanding, yes it is, especially after the movie came out. But I'm not sure if that really is a good thing. When the hobby becomes more of a hassle than something you can casually enjoy, you can become burnt out, and end up stopping all together. This is what happaned to me with Star Wars. Ten years ago, I bought everything from the Power of the Force 2 line, and because so many came out at once, I finally gave up. Now they are all pretty much worthless, having been made obsolete by the updated versions that Hasbro has made. I don't want the same thing to happen to Transformers.

14. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    As long as you check the feedback forum (and/or ebay feedback... If someone has feedback on TFans or the Allspark and can verify that the feedback belongs to them, it's probably just as reputable as having a thread here) before you buy, there isn't too much risk of getting ripped off. If you plan on selling without any feedback (and low posts, like you have now), start with low-end items that people would be more likely to buy from someone that isn't well known... Then work your way up as you develop a reputation as a dealer.

If you use HTS as a fallback, be aware that they almost never send mint-conditon items. More often than not, the packing job is good, but the packaging for the item is bent, torn, dented, etc (usually doesn't harm the figure)... Since they switched shipping facilities, I've noticed more bad packing jobs than before. I recently got a Titanium Scourge in a big ass box that only had padding on one side (Scourge and padding filled 2/3 of the box) and I had a Final Battle Jazz (and a 25th GI Joe Beachhead) shoved into a square box that was about an inch shorter (diagonal) than Jazz's card. That box also included an aluminum clip (apparently held order together) that thankfully didn't damage anything.

15. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Don't worry TransFormers never "go out of fashion". There are so many different lines to choose from and which one you prefer to collect... that one of this lines obvious strengths, there's something for just about everyone... and you don't need to collect all !
    Also you pretty much find things you need easier on boards as this one... and as for "deal/trade safety", I think for every deal "gone bad" there's at least 100 going great !.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Mirage,I was like you 2 years back it was a pain in the ass to find Thunderblast and i ended up buying on from the junkion exchange.

17. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Man I went crazy trying to find her in stores, but they had run out everywhere. I was so sad, and then I found her on Amazon for $30.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Wow , Thunderblast, who would've known. Seems like Walmart was just selling those Cybertron deluxe 2pack deals with her included

It's almost unpredictable these days who's going to go up in value.

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hope anyone paying that much will be happy with the toy. I love shellformers but don't consider Thunderblast as one. Not puzzling enough :p  Selling my loose one soon when I finish sorting through the tubs full of stuff.