Where can I get G1 re-issues in NYC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KremzeekTyCobb, Jul 26, 2010.

1. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Well-Known Member

I know there are other posts about this issue, but it seems like they are all from 2006/2007 and some of the places mentioned have closed or do not have quite what I am looking for. I'll be in NYC for a week and want to stock up on G1 re-issues. Where can I get them? I'm not looking for anything too fancy or exotic. I have most of the TRU re-issues from a few years back, but I'd love to get some of the Takara Encore stuff that's come out since then (Hound, minibots etc.) or other American stuff that I missed out on ("white" astrotrain, TRU soundwave etc.) Surely there must be some place in NYC where I can go and have a chance to purchase some of this type of stuff. Can anyone recommend a place? Thanks in advance!

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

You might want to try the NY Sightings Thread.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I live on Long Island, its close to NYC, if you want to take a drive out, there are about at least 7-8 TRU, and I have been to 5-6 of them. They seem to have many Blaster and insecticon reissue.

4. Mav1

Mav1 Active Member

Make sure to check out image anime when you come to NYC. I don't generally buy transformers from them but I do know they have some encore figures.

Image Anime Co 242 West 30th Street New York, NY 1000
    Phone: (212) 631-0966

5. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i went to NYC in april, going back in sept. and a few people were helpful in the sightings thread.

im going to quote the info

btw, tokyo toys did have resisues. when i got there, some dude bought about 400 dollars worth of g1 toys. i had just missed it. bummer.

6. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I'll make sure to put it to good use when I go.

7. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that place is a rip off. they over price evey encore reissue by 40% from retail prices. but as far as selection. they do have some to choose from, if you dont mind paying more. btw the masterpiece voltron they have is priced at 150% above ebay going prices.