Where can I find TF/toy stores in Europe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LigerPrime, Jun 4, 2011.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope anyone in Europe can help me but I am heading to Germany, France, Spain and England. If I have time, I might head over to Holland. Is the toy scene worth checking out? Or I should simply save my time for eating and visiting the sites? My bad as I am unsure where to post this?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Depends on where in Germany you go.

Real supermarkets have Reveal the Shield Windcharger, as well as other RTS toys.

We have Toys'R'Us, Galeria Kaufhof, Müller and Intertoys (at least in the Northwestern region near the Dutch border). Dunno what you consider "worth checking out".

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Not.........really.

W/Regard to new TFs, Europe is generally a wave or two behind the U.S...and toys always cost more than the US. Depending on the specific country, up to twice the price.

W/Regard to vintage toys... i guess the 'scene' varies from country to country.
    Where you do find a vintage toy store...again you'll probably pay just as much in the US, IF they have anything you want, if not more.

There're individual sightings threads for each of the countries you mentioned, so it may give you a better idea of what's going on.

Off the top of my head, i know there's a vintage toy store in Paris called Luluberlu...which is supposedly quite impressive..but TBH, i've never been.

In London, there's a place called Orbital comics.

Beyond that, can't help really.

I'd be inclined to suggest you stick with the food and sights...the odds of say walking into a dusty old shop full of Overlords and Lightformers selling for $5.00 each are pretty darn slim.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for the late reply...as I was so busy sight seeing that I did not hav enough time to visit these boards.

Nevermore - you are right...about main stores comment but I think I will be avoiding the TF movie toys. Thanks for the info.

miscreant - ya, in the end I just enjoyed the sights and the food. I just got back from France and arrghh...I saw this post too late...I guess, I will just stick to my mission of visiting all the major cities in Europe and their famous soccer clubs. Example, Spain (Barcelona and Real Madrid). LOL!