Customs: Where can i find joints?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Houndvoice, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find and buy various joints for kitbashing?

I'm thinking specifically of those 'clicky' joints found on a lot of larger A/E/C figures. I don't even know their correct name, but they click as there's obviously some gears involved in their design.

Take Cybertron Vector Prime (because I fiddled around with him and started wondering), he has clicky joint in arms and legs and he has a sliding joint that allows his lower leg to rotate a full 360. I'd like to get a 360 rotation joint like that, but with gears because it'll be a heavier design.

So there you have it, I did look in the resources but couldn't find anything on these kind of joints.
    HobbyLinkJapan could possibly have joints like these, but I can never seem to find anything useful on their website...:rolleyes: 
    Lastly, my partsbin is really small, so I can't get what I need from there.

Thanks for reading!

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

First thing's first: You mean Ratchet joints?

Second thing: If Vector Prime is an example of the joints you're looking for, and he's just been rereleased in the universe line, can't you just rip up a junker VP for your needs?

3. Houndvoice

Seems you're right about the ratchet joints, that's what I'm after.

My Vector Prime isn't a junker, so I'd like to keep him whole! If I could find a junker that'd be awesome, but for now I think it'd be easier just to buy the joints themselves online if that's possible.

Also, I'd like the ratchet joints to be bigger than the ones used on Vector Prime :) 

Still can't find where to buy such joints though.

4. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nobody sells just "joints" you are gong to have to buy other figures to junk, or use Lego/Neo Shifter joints....... check out the tutorials section over here for some discussions that may help you ---------------------------->

5. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I have a few lego Knights sets that I'd be willing to sell/trade if that helps. I would've posted this sooner, but I forgot I had them.

6. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
  7. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

how do you understand that site?

8. Houndvoice

Thanks to all for your replies!

I've now actually found what I need, and those parts/joints are from a Cybertron Defense Red Alert... waaaaah!
    Sometimes ignorance really is bliss... :lol  The one I have is a MIB one, definitely not going to assassinate it for parts, but judging by ebayprices this figure is apparently hotdipped in gold, so this is going to cost me.

I guess this is a downside of wanting to build your own TFs!!!

edit: I found the Universe repaint to be quite a bit cheaper, going to hunt down one of those :)