Customs: where can I find GOOD vinyl sticker paper

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rod, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I'm looking for stuff similar to what Reprolabels uses, something i can use my laserjet to print off of. Any Ideas?

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can't use the type of materiels Reprolabels does and print on them with a Laserjet (also recall, you can;t print white with any normal printer). Delta has thousands of dollars worth of special printing equipment to get that done.

3. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I will be turning to delta eventually, i was just looking to do a quick mock up first. but if there is not alternative, i could always start with him

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

you could always use decal paper where you print it off on a inkjet printer. I've seen good results that way, not as sharp as laser, but still good.

5. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

Most standard inkjets can print sharper than standard lasers provided you use the right settings and media..

IIRC Delta uses the Camm system which prints and cuts at the same time, not sure which model he has exactly, but resolution is usually about 600 DPI. I can however print 2800 on my inkjet. High res really does not matter a whole lot on graphics like sticker sheets, moreso on photos and such though. and in the end, standard print resolution for magazine, comic book production etc...is either 300 or 400 dpi.

Your best bet is to go directly with Delta from the get go. You can buy printable vinyl from several vendors, but you'll have to buy in bulk and it will cost you far more than what Delta would charge for a custom set.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

To just do a quick mock up, you can get printable labels from most office supply stores.

7. dec0y13

dec0y13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm curiouse to see what you need :) 

I do the custom work for reprolables.

I would be willing to see what you have. You can pm me or mail me (address is in sig)

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, you can definitely do mockups with lesser paper. My response only covered if you wanted something comparable to actual Reprolabels.