Where can I find a decent Pokéball roleplay item?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ComicGuy89, Mar 3, 2011.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, do you know if there is a Pokéball toy that approximates the size and shape of the ones used in the Pokémon anime and games, that can open up? It doesn't have to light up or have any electronic wizardry, it just has to look and feel like the actual thing. Anything as "realistic", if you will, as Power Rangers or Ben 10 gizmo role-play toys would be sufficient, although I'd appreciate it if you gave me a list of options, including the best.

Thanks, am just curious because I really don't know much about Pokémon merchandise.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Strangely enough the most accurate one I've seen is the one Burger King or McDonalds released, cant remember which, the ones that had 40 random Pokemon toys inside one. There's a loop for a belt clip to shave off, or use if you need them hanging at your side, but with a black Sharpie it ends up looking identical in shape and color to the ones in the cartoon, and the plastic is soft enough you could throw it without breaking it. Opening is a flaw, it's two shells so no hinge holding them together, but it can open by squeezing it at the middle.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Best pokeball would have to be the ones that came with the golden pokemon cards back when the first movie came out. Thing is they're a bit too big to be accurate.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I had one when I was a kid that was decently sized and had a gimmick where the bottom half would slide up inside the top half. It was spring loaded and had a little trigger in it, so that when you tossed it at one of the figures it would snap shut "capturing them."

I remember it being pretty cool, but im not sure what the line was called. I think it was japanese and I had gotten it at a nearby comic store

edit: heres some tiny pics of the ones I was thinking of http://www.sonrisatoys.com/pokeballs1.htm

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Burger King , I worked at one at the time. I would agree those are you best bet , I suggest checking thrift shops, flea markets and the like for some.

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I had one of those a long time ago.

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

i actually still have those. and a bunch of master balls that are transparent. they're both halves but the BK/mcdonald's ones are a lot more secure because they have threads that keep the halves from separating, as well as a belt clip.

this is one of the fastfood ones, it can easily be panel-lined with a sharpie to make it look exponentially better.
    Pokemon Pokeball Promo Butterfree Plush Nintendo Beanie - eBay (item 150564902831 end time Mar-19-11 10:59:33 PDT)

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for your replies guys...I still haven't found one that is perfect yet (I'm picky that way), but you guys have opened up a bunch of possibilities.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    if you want to do minor hunting, wal-mart has these stressballs of the johto pokeballs, they are $2 a piece, great for roleplaying

there is a regular pokeball as well

10. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
  11. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    There is a pokeball out that is just a little on the small side that is available in stores now. It has a wrist strap so a child (or adult, I suppose) can throw the ball and not break anything. The ball launches a small plush pokemon, if I remember correctly from when my son had one.

12. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

I've got one of those, with I believe a Piplup as the plush. They're pretty decent. You might be able to find one at TRU or Walmart.

13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it was BK, but I thought they were recalled because they were worried about kids suffocating on one of the pieces. Apparently it was just the right size for a kid to cover both his nose and mouth and have trouble breathing...or something like that. Unless a collector kept it, they might be hard to find. With my limited knowledge of Pokemon stuff I would say those were pretty good.

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

They were indeed recalled - you could return those bad boys to BK and get free fries or something. I held onto many of them regardless, as one made the perfect storage for the TCG's damage counters! Many just sit around empty or still hold some of the BK keychain figures.

Those BK PokeBalls are neat in that there are two subtly different sizes, since some had to accommodate larger, solid toys than others. The larger size could fit nearly any Pokemon toy out there, though not the bigger action figures released these days... if you're going to actually use them to hold anything, of course.