Where can I buy replica Fort Max parts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by drmick, Jul 6, 2010.

1. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but was just checking so if anybody knew where I could buy replica Fort Max parts?

I recently bought a "complete" G1 Fort Max off ebay, but he has arrived missing his two big blue guns (they were in the listing photos oddly enough).

I know that a lot of Fort Max's parts have been replicated over the years, but was wondering where I could buy them.

2. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    Here's a thought, contact the seller and incquire about the missing guns.

3. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I did. He says he sent them.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    put a paypal claim, item not as described

5. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
  6. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We both have 100% feedback, and he appears genuine. He says he'll have another look again and get back to me. I'd rather not file a dispute because from what I hear Paypal just remove the money outright from him, and I think that would be extremely harsh.

Thanks for the tip. But is it just me or do the blues not quite match up on the pic below? The double laser seems about right, but the big rifle (the most expensive one!) looks a bit light? Could just be a camera/monitor issue though.
    [​IMG]

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a couple things to keep in mind with that photo. First, yes, camera flash, ISO settings, and other variables can change the appearance of a color in pictures. FunPub's pictures of their exclusives are a perfect example of this, always looking brighter than the real thing. So those parts may all be perfectly color matched.

The second thing to remember is that when you're working with resin casting, no matter how carefully you mix each batch, the colors will never be exactly the same twice. It may be such a tiny difference that it can't be noticed at all, or it may be easily visible while still being roughly the "right" color. This is just one of those things that has to be accepted with repro parts.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I would PM Darkov regarding the color shade. I believe I was told they are made to order, and this just looks like a matter of lighting or camera setting.