Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Slamdance, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Angelophile1

Angelophile1 Mutant Monkeyboy

Ditto.

Good dialogue but the book is turning rapidly horrible.

After the perfect moment with Kitty and Colossus in issue 4, Whedon has done practically nothing with the characters and too many of his just rely on the X-men saying or doing inappropriate things, like leaving Josh for dead, Wolverine's "I like beer" or Emma's "needed to pee."

Frankly, the art's the only thing that kept me reading.

As for Sabretooth's "death", how likely was it for Sabes to die offscreen like that after so many years? he was always gonna come back. But anyway, many "dead" characters have returned in House of M (Cypher, Majik, Synch, Gwen Stacy, Uncle Ben, etc etc)

2. Judgment Day

Judgment Day Energon Extractor No.533

That's a shame. He had a lot of potential for one of the more recent villains to appear during the 90s. Character design was excellent too...one of my favorites. Anyone remember the Nate Grey/Cable crossover with him in it? Great read.

??? Wow...after 3 years, I have almost 200 posts...! Better stop before I exceed my 5 posts per season quota :lol 

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    now I have one for everyone.

Whatever happened to War Machine? I've seen Rhodes pop up here and there but what did he do with the armor? Also, what happened to that alien armor he was wearing?

And no mentioning the Austen series. It rocked but was not part of the 616 universe.

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Has this been confirmed, or is it just speculation based on the last few pages of AX #12?

I kind of hope she stays one of the good guys..

5. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    He was in "The Crew" with new-Black Panther and another black super hero (from "Truth," I think?) The armor, as you probably know, was found and used by Parnell in Iron Man V.3, around issue 20 or so. The alien armor decided to up and leave at one point...something about how it had done it's part and was going home. I don't know exactly what happened, I just know I didn't like it.

Austen's series was actually pretty damn decent, and I was infinitely disappointed by v.2 #3, where he was forced to wrap up an entire series run in one issue...the conflict between Tony, Fury, and Rhodes was something I really wanted to see.

Volume 1 was incredible, though, if not too heavy with making the bad guys super-racists. I thought that part was pretty bland.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pure assumption. I highly doubt she's turning evil again. Emma hasn't been evil in over a decade.

7. Angelophile1

yeah, she's probably just going insane and seing visions of her dead student, Casandra Nova (who's effectively dead/transformed into Ernst), Sebastian Shaw (last seen near death and being carted off to hospital) and mysterious hooded guy/girl.

But either way, Emma turning evil would go against ten years of serious character development for the character and seriously **** me off.

Cyclops has ALWAYS been a jerk (abandoning his wife, leaving her to go into labor alone on the kitchen floor), abandoning Maddy to go back to Jean etc etc, so his cheating on Jean with Emma was pretty much entirely IN character.

8. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

That's a possibility. I saw Cassandra first, then her old student, I don't know who the cloaked person is, but I didn't know Shaw was hurt/dead. I was just figuring on them being alive somehow but I guess if she went batty it would make more sense.

I know what you mean about her turning evil again though, and it's not even just the time that's been put into reforming her, since Morrison's run she's been well established as a good guy in, well, pretty much every X-book out there(Adjectiveless, The End, Endsong)...

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Update on the original question in this thread:

Both Jubilee and Chamber will be starring in the Generation M miniseries that will be coming out after House of M is finished. Not much has been revealed about it yet, but the general assumption is that both will have lost their powers. :( 

10. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    God... If Emma becomes evil and Jubilee loses her powers I will be sorely pissed.

They are my two favourite X-women right now, and I'd hate to see one all but killed and the other peeled back to villian status for no good reason.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i'll be pissed if they turn Emma too....she's one of the cooler characters out there....plus her and Scott is a match.

12. Angelophile1

yeah, I LOVE Scott and Emma. A lot more fun than Jean ever was.

Mostly I'll just be annoyed because it'll be yet more evidence that Whedon hasn't bothered to pick up a single other X book since he started writing X-men. Here we have a storyline that ends with the giant sentinel on Genosha rising from the sea, and lots of remarks about what a mystery it was where it had been, whereas it'd been the centrepiece for the island - slowly turned into a monument for Xavier and Magneto, for the past three or four years.

13. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Ok, I've really gotta ask... what's with all the Jubilee love I always see on X-men threads? I mean, as far as I know noone's even bothered writing her since the 90's, her powers are pretty much only good for slightly disorienting people, and I even remember when I was a kid watching the cartoon I thought she was lame. Not that I'm saying she can't be... but what's so awesome about her?

I've conditioned myself into believing that Danger was only talking to the X-men when she said "Doesn't anyone wonder where it all went?", because only Wolverine would know out of all of them. Plus, when she re-activated the Sentinel, all of the Magneto/Xavier bits would come popping off because of all the weaponry reconstructed under it. I don't remember them showing the sentinel until it was fully re-activated, so it could have just been the statue moving, not rising from the ocean.

Just so you know, I usually don't use anywhere near this much suspension of disbelief in anything, but considering this was the best X-book of the last year, I have a hard time saying it bullshitted with anything, except for the fact that the entire rest of the marvel universe acknowledged the magneto/Prof. statue. So this is kind of the happy medium I reached.

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Ahh....but what if Emma that we've known as an X-Man for the last few years indeed does lose her marbles. Don't forget, there's a whole other person trapped inside her head from he college days ;) 

15. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should try the Ultimate series of XMen.
    A complete restart of the XMen history, some faces havn't changed, some have.

There is no tie to any other continuity (except other Ultimate series) so it's self contained and easy to follow.

Well worth picking up IMO.