Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Slamdance, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Slamdance

Slamdance The Sustainable 'Bot

Hey guys, i just gotta a couple of questions about a few marvel characters. I've been out of the loop for a while, and i was wondering if you could tell me where these characters are now.

Maggot
    Marrow
    Generation-x
    Random
    Havok

-Slamdance

2. gil

gil Godmaster

Havok's the leader of the X-Men in the X-Men book. But the writing sucks, so it seems as though he's just there. He was awesome when he was in the PAD X-Factor book.

Random, I don't know. He used to be so cool, when PAD was writing him in the beginning.

Gen X broke up. Skin is dead. M is suposed to be in a new X-Factor Comic with PAD. Jubilee was with the X-Men, but didn't get put on any of the teams.

And Maggot is supposed to be dead.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Maggot - hopefully dead and forgotton
    Marrow - hopefully dead and forgotton
    Generation-x - Broken up.
    Random - hopefully dead and forgotton
    Havok - Is on a the Uncanny team. Besyt left forgotten. Rarely has been an interesting character.

4. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

a little off topic but New X-men and Uncanny X-men have been plain terrible for at least two years now. Astonishing X-men is the only good mutant book that I am reading. Even Ultimate X-men seems to be squandering away the loads of potential that Ultimates seems to have no trouble capitalizing on.

5. DevilzFan

I beg to differ. New X-Men has been outstanding. Sure there's only been 16 issues, but still awesome.

But Uncanny and the Adjectiveless X-Men have been terrible.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Maggot is dead, killed off in the mutant concentration camp in Weapon X. All that's left is one of his slugs.

Marrow hasn't been seen since Weapon X either, but she is still alive. I would like to see her again at some point, I rather liked her back when she was with the X-Men.

Gen-X: Synch and Skin are dead. M will be appearing in the new X-Factor. Chamber will be in the Generation M miniseries after House of M is over. We're told Jubes will pop up again somewhere. Husk is banging Archangel. :puke:  Penance is in limbo.

Random: Also last seen in Weapon X. An inmate in the concentration camp.

Havok: Leader of the third X-Men team. Recently shrugged off a couple years of butchered characterization by Chuck Austen and is trying to get back to his personal status quo.

As far as the X-Men books go, Uncanny is my personal favorite. Claremont is not what he once was, but he has the best cast and he gets his book out on time.

Astonishing started off great, but the second arc got worse and worse with each issue, culminating in the incredibly crap issue #12.

Adjectiveless is doing better without Austen, but it's obvious that no one has any idea what the book's purpose is anymore.

New X-Men never really clicked for me, probably because it had far too huge of a regular cast. I'm interested to see what the new creative team does, but I'm afraid it will rapidly turn into X-23 and her Amazing Friends. Still, at least Mercury is staying as part of the revamped cast. I like Mercury. :) 

7. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Chamber is actually currently in the Weapon X: Days of Future Now mini-series, but I can't understand that comic enough to figure out whether or not it's in continuity.

As for the 3 X-books, I'd have to say that Astonishing is my personal favorite. I recently dropped Adjectiveless because it went from a writer that can't write period, to a writer that pretends to be good until the last issue of a story arc. Uncanny is pretty entertaining so far, but I'm only reading it for Nocturne and because it'll lead into the new Excalibur.

8. Switchblade

News Credits:
    :lol 

That's the best description I've heard so far for Milligan's run. :lol 

9. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I liked Morrison's run the best personally. Other than Claremont's early stuff I think its the best X-men stuff I have read, especially if you can convince yourself that magneto and jean grey actually died at the conclusion of morrison's run.

BTW, by new X-men I meant the regular X-men ongoing, I forgot there was actually a new xmen ongoing out now.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Actually, since this thread is here, anyone seen the Slingers since their last issue?

11. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Ricochet was in something recently. Maybe Runaways or Young Avengers. I'm not sure which.

12. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I personally can't stand Morrison. IMO he sold out the X-Men to their movie counterparts, plus he had some really strange stories when he changed X-Men to New X-Men. That's the reason I stopped reading mainline X-Men books. Then when I decided to maybe start reading mainline again, I picked up an issue of Astonishing and almost puked. The new character designs are hideous.

13. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

It was Runaways (along with Chamber)

I don't know about Dusk or Protigy but Hornet is dead. Wolverine killed him in the "Agent of Hydra" arc.

14. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I liked Marrow before they "fixed" her. I mean; before they made her photogenic.

I liked her as the ugly stephsister of the X-Men. =)

Maggot also had his moments. His powers where Morrison New X-Men territory; I'm surprised he whasn't used more. But when Onslaught whas over whith he lost all the purpose so... I don't mind him gone.

ALso; this is not on topic... But I'd KILL for old school Alan Davies excalibur again. =)

15. Switchblade

News Credits:
    That wasn't the real Chamber, though.

And Weremole, the closest you're going to get is Uncanny X-Men #s 462 and 463, the first half of the title's HoM tie-in.

And Maggot actually came along well after Onslaught. He was part of the incredibly short-lived post-Zero Tolerance team.

16. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

:eek: 

They....they killed Eddie? But...why? :cry 

17. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Because lately Marvel has decided that slaughtering B-list characters adds tension to plots. Look at poor Sunfire's guest appearance in Rogue. :( 

18. DevilzFan

Sunfire's dead now?

19. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Possibly. If not, he's damn lucky he can fly.

20. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Sounds like Marvel is copying DC, I mean with killing Blue Beetle, Booster, now what looks like Black Condor, and some mort of the month villians.