Where Are They Now? Toyline Edition

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Xabungle, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I used to love the Metabots, don't know what happened to them.

You totally forgot Wing Gundam and G Gundam. I know I saw Eternal Waltz on Toonami years ago, and I loved G Gundam despite the fact it's silly as hell compared to all other series. Still got the small Nobel Gundam action figure complete for whatever reason, too.

Plus, does it even count for this topic? I mean, it never seems to have caught on for the mainstream enough to justify bringing new series over to America, but it's still pretty strong in Japan. There's several toylines with the mobile suits (I.E. Robot Damashi), and the Gunpla (model kits) scene is strong enough that it even got its own three part OVA with unique suit models. And all of it can be imported, so I don't think it counts as being "Extinct" like some of the other old 80's lines mentioned here.

2. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Dino-Riders
    Mask

Those would probably be the two biggest money makers if done right.

3. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I echo everything you said. Xevoz was and still one of the best toyline I've known. I love the design/art style, the creativity and the assembling. I'll admit however, that the dice game sucked hah.

Also, Exo-Squad needs to be brought back already! To this day, it still remains the best animated series I've ever watched.

4. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Gotta say Captain Planet. With all the awareness of environmental issues, I'm surprised there hasn't been a reboot and/or rerelease of the older stuff.

5. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember Mattel's Computer Warriors? It was in some ways very similar in concept to Takara's Microman and Mego's Micronauts; tiny warriors hide in plain sight, fighting a war hidden from oblivious humans.
    With transforming computers and soda cans, the line was very similar to the 1983 Microman lineup - Microchange, which gave us the original molds for some of our favorite villains (Soundwave, Megatron) and the Minibots.
    In later years, Optimus Prime himself returned the favor, lending out his Actionmaster truck and trailer decked out in a new circuit board theme. There were also some nice original toys that worked on the transforming household objects theme, such as the power drink, the cup of noodles, the soda can, and Gameboy and Playstation lookalikes.
    For more information of Computer Warriors, see this page at the Parry Game Preserve.
    I would not expect to ever see Computer Warriors toys again. Even if Mattel wanted to, the territory has been well traversed by Micronauts, which will return when J.J. Abrams makes the movie.

Also, because Computer Warriors included a transforming Pepsi can, presumably licensed, I thought I'd throw in representation from the competition - this page of Coca Cola robots, including Coca-Cola astromech units, Coke vending machine bots, and the can robot, who transforms into an everyday can of Coke. In looking for images for the can robot, I found his toy now commands between 80 and 100 dollars.

6. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

Remember DragonFlyz?
    [​IMG]
    Street Sharks
    [​IMG]
    Extreme Dinosaurs
    [​IMG]

To be honest, when I was a kid, I thought these were cool. But I was again mostly into Batman and Jurassic Park.

And Johnny Quest: [​IMG]
    I have that plane, used to have the jeep, but it got lost, unfortunately. Among the few toys I've EVER lost, the most heavy hit toys were the Power Rangers (I actually gave those away, not all, kept the Megazords and stuff), and while I have most of my JQ stuff with me (I didn't have all that many to be honest), some are indeed missing.

I remember my friends would bring their stupid DragonFlyz over to be totally massacred by my then 70 something Batman figures, and my dinosaurs.

7. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a dinosaur that looked like that^ but it was a raptor with weird arm blades.

8. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

Probably one of those awful things.

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Knights' Kingdom!

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Army Ants:thumbs2: 

Army Ants at CollectToys.Net

[​IMG]

11. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice toys rocked!