Where Are They Now? Toyline Edition

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Xabungle, Dec 15, 2011.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You all suck.

No mention of Starcom yet? SERIOUSLY? Dayum. That was a toyline. I wonder whatever happened to Coleco?

Centurions too were great toys. Kenner got bought by Hasbro years ago but the closest we've had are GI Joe Sigma 6 and a Action Man Atom figure with clip on parts.

2. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Just thought of some more. Anyone ever have any of the old D&D stuff? I remember having Warduke and Paladin for sure. My cousin also had some guys from the Visionarie line. I always liked the little holographic thing they had going on.

3. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

Bionicle, started collecting the figures back in 2001 then lego canned them 2 years ago because fans were more interested in the story, and now in there place are figures for a younger audience, and whose story is nowhere near as good as bionicle

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea lol they canned them as soon as i bought one... and decided i wanted more, THANKS legos! :lol 

hero factory isn't nearly as cool! :( 

5. Reigner

Reigner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where the heck are my modern Dino-Riders, Mighty Max, Army Ants, or Food Fighters!?

6. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You could try the SH Figuarts DBZ figures.

7. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

Micronauts- I keep hoping for a MARVEL UNIVERSE Team Pack of them...and that would be perfect scale. I just bought a Redakai(sp?) BUG looking figure to be BUG in my toy universe. When Palisades tried to resurrect the line, their poor choice in plastic really killed it. Maybe they could do the humans in one team pack, and have a Transformers crossover for Biotron and Microtron.

SHOGUN WARRIORS...well, the comic never interested me except for the robots, but the robots are still being made for $100s in Japan.

Mego 8", Marvel and DC have tried to resurrect it, but those beefy Marvel figs were just too bulky, and the DC ones had that waist issue...why can't they get the formula right?

MASK...VOR-TECH was almost a G2 of the line, but the bad guys had those JAYCE AND THE WHEELED WARRIORS organic parts, which was just too out of synch with MASK imo.

Centurions. Not sure why I am the only one that loves that line.

SilverHawks, I was always afraid to touch mine because rubbed-off chrome is easy and looks horrible. But I hope there is a subline of them in the Thundercat toy line, and TigerSharks which I never did find as a kid, but did intrigue me.

Transformers. It was dead too long and Beast Wars got my sons love, but my scorn...thankfully the machines returned.

GI Joe-I think the only reason I liked that 3.75" line was a filler for Micronauts.

GI JOE SUPER JOEs!!! The forgotten line! I loved the few I had and would love to somehow customize Sigma Six figs to make a modern team of them: Shield, Illuminus, Gorr, Super Joe, that Green Super Joe faker guy with the lightning bolt, etc.

Zem-31 and Zeroids...yeah, they were the 1/6 scale knock offs of R2-D2 and C-3PO, but I loved mine, and the big flying saucer ship I had...I'd put them in with my Super Joes.

Sectaurs...omg, Thundercats or MOTUC, revive them in your line!!!

I am selling one of my StarComs ships, I only had 2...those things were just so expensive, from what I recall. I still like my black pyramid mini ship, he's a magnet on my fridge.

8. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I have but one, fleeting memory to place here.

I was a child of the later 90's and the early new millennium, and in that time, there has never been a toyline more appealing to me than the wondrous Xevoz. If you don't know what it is, that's okay... it only had about three waves. But the concept was so ingenious, the execution so simple, that it remains in my heart to this day.

Hasbro teamed up with the creators of Stikfas (another line I miss) to form a build-able, interchangeable action figures that also had a game intertwined. There were eight species, covering the spectrum of all you could ask for- humans, beasts, bugs, robots, elementals, supernaturals, and more specifically dragons and wizards. The possibilities meant you could have ninjas vs. praying mantises, cowboys vs. vampires, and gorillas vs. ice assassins.

Sadly, no one bought them because they had no media support- and this line died too soon. I doubt it will make a reappearance, ever, considering the rights are owned by Hasbro and the manufacturers of Stikfas, who are out of business. :( 

You will be missed, Xevoz.

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Reboot
    War Planets/Shadow Raiders (I know those planet playsets and figures tanked and series lasted 26 episodes)
    C.O.P.S.
    Dino-Riders
    Robocop
    Real Ghostbusters (80s' cartoon, me and my brother had a few of those toys)

So yeah, whatever happened to them?

10. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

They stopped making the shows? Did you get RSI in your thumb from the robocop figures too then?

11. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    Mummies Alive, Biker Mice Mars, and Captian Planet

I remember I got 2 Mummies Alive chararters for like $2 each 10 years ago...and after than never see or heard anything about them...

12. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

the last I saw Captian Planet was in a Robot Chicken skit, with Ted Turner becoming Cap

"Protect the enviroment or I'll $@$%ing kill you!"

13. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

3A announced they'll be doing 1/12th Microman figures at either SDCC or Toy Fair a while back. If they're anything like the Star Wars prototypes they did they'll be amazing.

14. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Heck yeah this. I still have both of the big mini-Z bases!

And on the subject of Micro Machines Military, I'm now wondering what happened to that big submarine/navy base I had...

15. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm speaking as an entire new toyline, giving us a chance to have figures of characters who were never made in articulated toy form and such.

Speaking of new toy line, if we could get One Piece back on TV, I'd LOVE for a new toyline to be made to go along with the show.

16. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

-MASK: Odds of a revival strong, given the updated comic in Unit: E last year. We just don't know when
    -Ihummunoids: If the where remade, the monsters would probably on scale with, say, Galactus/ Frost Giant
    -Starcom: Not sure who owns the rights nowadays, Caleco sold their assets
    -Gundam: US consumers/ Bandai lost interest around the Original Gundam timeline (I think plans to air Zeta Gundam on Adult Swim never came about.) Later Gundam series only in Japan (00 Gudam, Gundam Seed, Gundam X, Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam)
    -Super Powers: Hasbro owns Kenner now, though Mattel has created its spiritual successor in DCUC (though the C&C aspect in the retail line has been abandodned for the Supscription, and the All Star Line would be more modern designs, like Flashpoint Plastic Man or Reboot Superman/ The Flash)
    -VR Troopers: Series only lasted 2 seasons
    -Godzilla: US still has the slightly poseable figurs, Japan has Monsterarts and Revoltech
    -Bionic Six: chances are that line is extinct, but some company could always reboot tomorrow
    -Dungeons and Dragons: I would love if some modern company started making new versions of LGN's fantasy line, and include the show characters

17. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Dungeons and Dragons would be an incredibly awesome remake. That was easily one of the coolest toy lines of all time. LJN peaked with D&D

18. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

yes, they never made figures of the Cartoon characters, like the 6 kids...did they?

19. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

I started remembering M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, and the other toy lines that are celebrated at sites like LittleRubberGuys.com. 16bit.com has been covering the news on O.M.F.G. and Rise of the Beasts and their Figure of the Day blog has recently focused on D.I.N.O. Mites and Monster In My Pocket. (Is it some sort of requirement that these lines be acronyms for something?)
    One thing most of these lines had in common, besides their size and simplicity, was their outlandishness. So I started thinking about some other goofy toy lines. So here are some absurd toys you may have forgotten about:

Barnyard Commandos
    What was Playmates thinking? This line even had a supporting cartoon. Actually, if they managed to fit in references to Orwell's Animal Farm in the show, I would totally have to check it out.

In the same vein comes Food Fighters. Produced by Mattel at almost the same time as the Barnyard Commandos (according to Wikipedia), the line had no media to support it.
    Do Barnyard Commandos become Food Fighters when they're slaughtered and processed for spam?

I don't recall these lines really well. I never had any of the figures, and probably would've thrown a fit if anyone gave me one thinking I would like it. So if anyone has better information than Wikipedia and Virtual Toy Chest (as I don't consider either to be premiere sources of info), or remembers other similar weird lines, please post here.

20. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    This is the last I've heard anything regarding Micronauts coming from Hasbro:

[​IMG]