Fan Art: Where are these artistis?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rattrap587, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    I´m missing the art of these great artists:
    -COSMITRON; (one of the best I ever seen)
    -UNICRON WMD;
    -D-CON;
    -WANNABE GEORGE;
    -CORVUS;
    -JAKE;
    And others that can´t remember now... They are all old school and their arts were simply amazing. They use to post several art pieces here. Some of them I see posting in other forums but others simply vanished... Pitty.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Cosmitron

man

havent seen his stuff in AGES

dunno what happened to him

Unicron-WMD kinda dropped off the map. quit from the whole TF Art scene last i heard

D-CON is still around, though not around here. I have him as a friend on my deviantart account. thats how i keep tabs on his stuff. havent seen him do any TF art in a long time.

Jake still does the TF art stuff. Posts mainly at the allspark, but you can see his work in the TF club magazines as well as the recent IDW Beast Wars sourcebooks.

wannabe george...havent seen him post in a good ol' while. where you at buddy??? xD

corvus? ditto... dunno.

good question though!
    seems like the ol' greats have kinda disappeared

3. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jake has a big project for the club that will hopefully be seen around Botcon... it's awesome...

Cosmitron's RiD works were ahead of its time really..

4. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

wannabeGeorge - haven't seen him in a while

And you forgot ngboy and Beamer (or is it Beemer?).

5. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

ain't seen ngboy since forever, but beamer still drops into allspark forums a bit

6. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  7. Rattrap587

Ebay:
    No! I Don´t forgot Beamer... I didn´t mentioned because I always see new art from him on DA and it´s common trade comments with him. And Ngboy... This guy make some amazing art too. Hope he is still around making it.

And another thing... All these guys have another aspect in common. All them are incredible artists and even so they are very kind and simple. Never saw a snobbish behavior from them. This is awesome.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My memory is probably wrong, but I think I recall Unicron-WMD acting like a jerk before he left? Or it might have been someone acting like a jerk towards him? I can't remember exactly.

Anyway, good topic. Those guys all produced ace art.

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I was thinking about Corvus a few weeks ago. I really dug his stuff. He was an inspiration to me a number of years ago.

I also wish weewoo still did/posted TF art here. Brilliant stuff.

It's kind of funny because a number of old skool artists started doing professional work and fan work fell off as a result. This is probably the case for at least 10 different artists that I can think of.

10. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True. It all started with 88mph thing, when fanartists saw their first opportunity to do professional work. Nobody got paid, but I must admit it opened doors for many people here including myself. Although I did not succeed with TF work, 88mph was surely the thing that got me into the illustration field. Before that, I was assembling car parts in Japan.

I do miss 99~00, though. It was fun. Aside all of the unnecessary drama I've brought here when I was a mod for the fanart forum, I regret myself for letting my ego speak louder than my art. That also made me lose great job opportunities, so I guess I've learned my lesson.

I miss Ortiz, Weewoo, Mark Wong aka Markatron, the great Jackpot (I still have those prints hanging in my wall dude), Cerebros, Lex, the Bigbot.com guy. There were many more for sure.

I know many people still lurk around here, and I wish they had the time to work on more TF fanart. The same with the current active members.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    jackpot is fricking awsum.

i was never compelled to draw fan art despite already knowing how to draw, but jackpots specktackle(?) site really turned me on to fanart. theres guys that draw cooler stuff than his (for instance, technique wise id rate you higher mako), but theres something holistic about his approach and the narrative aspect of his pieces.

i know he does some official artwork for hasbro adverts and stuff and deservedly so.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    most definately

Jackpot is top of my list

his art is more than just a pretty picture. every pic is astory

i love his stuff

but yeah! so many greats...they've all kinda disappeared

tis a shame :\

13. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    WOW! Cracking open the memory banks there aren't we! I too often remenise on the good old hay days when we all used to drop mass amounts of art in here! You know I am sure a lot of it has to do with us all getting older getting jobs ,familys, ect, it is crazy , those were the artists that really inspired me to do fan art, and I know I have told josh this before but he is the one who taught me how to color through his tuturiols (BIG PROPS), crazy! whatever became of king starscream? I can't remember his real name john maybee?
    anywho I think I may drop a new piece today! See ya at botcon!

14. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

All those artists are great. I always assumed they got a more professional gig illustrating and don't have time for TFs anymore. At least I hope they did... They are great talents.

15. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    Last time I chatted with WMD on emails was about 2 years ago. He was still working on some Energon and Unicron fanart and asked me for suggestions and stuff. Not sure how he's been now.

One great thing about Deviantart is I can still know how those sweet artists are doing when they don't show up on forums for a hell long time XD

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    haha even LI is here

hey whatsbout that dudette/ dude, sakura8?

17. Rattrap587

Ebay:
    Other aspect that is worth to mention is the low level of feedback here in the forums. I post fanarts here for AGES, but personally I feel a bit frustrated when I post here. ZERO feedback is a not rare situation. (when it happens I think: "What?!? Not even a crit?") I already thought in leave the tfw2005 forums forever and concentrate my efforts on DA page. At least there I have all feedback I need to improve... I´m an amateur artist. The money I raise making commissioned artwork is not enough to survive during a week. (Thanks God I´m mechanical engineer too) - So I really need art feedback to keep going with this... (Sorry by this crying session...)

18. littleiron

News Credits:
    Heheh, miss the good old time before Dreamwave and Hasbro *stole* those artists from the boards and made them into some freaky ProfessionMasters (you know, like Headmasters), eh? Right, that happens... a lot ... when hobby and career walk together in a line.

BTW, is Jake's doing 3D stuff as his main job? I remember he posted his reel here once.

19. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Jake doesn't do 3D....

20. littleiron

News Credits:
    Shoot, I meant James Raiz not Jake. My memory chip must be rusted or something.

Does James Raiz do 3D?