Where are the Sharkticons? Hoping for a Generations or Reveal the Shield release!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyberSharkticon, Feb 6, 2011.

1. CyberSharkticon

CyberSharkticon Member

I know, I know... They died out with the best of the hard to find TF's. Oddly enough I LOVED his mold! Quirky and a bit top heavy, The Sharkticons from the 80's movie were one of my top fav's of all time. Now maybe this is because I love sharks in general(Transformers more so), but I think it was because when Kup and Hot Rod fell into the execution pit I had never imagined that a transformer could be a shark. Not to also mention the Alligators/crocs that were in the other part with Kup and Hot Rod when Kup had offered them a "energon goody", it kinda looked like they were Auotbots for a second, and I guess they were...just for a second though. lol

I just really hope that they bring back ALL the Headmasters, the Sharkticons and the Dinobots in the Generation or Reveal the Shield series. I'd pretty much sell my knickers for those... XD

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    This is the news section, post messages like this in the Transformers Toys section. This section is ONLY for news.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I think (hope) an updated verson of Gnaw would be on the plate for Classics 4.0. I can't imagine how many of that damn thing I would end up buying. Still upset that igear hasn't gone anywhere in the past year with their 3-pack release. Those little buggers looked sick. If it does get an eventual release, I hope that it stays true to its G1 form and is fairly bulky in form.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There aren't many molds from the 86 movie left to do, all in time

5. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as they look nothing like sharks, im down.

6. CyberSharkticon

CyberSharkticon Member

My bad. Figures something like this would happen. lol Didn't know there "2" different pages for the same thing, all it said was "Transformer Toy discussion."
    Thanks for letting me know! Knowing is 1/2 the battle....eheheh

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    keep hoping...i doubt we are going to see an updated mold aside from the botcon sharkticons....I seriously doubt hasbro/takara will spend the $$$ to make a mold devoted to quint enforcers....

just does not make sense to me....

But saying that...on the other hand...if they do...i would happily buy several.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Botcon 2010

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I was gonna say :D 

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the botcon figs are ok at best, they look nothing like the characters imo, as good as kup did maybe. i'm hoping for a classics release.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I like them better than ball-sharks that turn into fat guys :p 

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno, I think part that charm of the G1 Sharkticons was that they looked nothing like sharks. More like some sort of piranha/lantern-fish hybrid. With legs. And morbidly-obese robot modes. Yeah, they were ridiculous. But it was a really unique, creative design, and I would absolutely welcome them back in all their silliness in Classics. A scout-sized mold would be ideal.

Can't say I'm optimistic, though. Lately, aside from the occasional dinosaur, beast-bots seem to have been off the table. And while I like the idea of Kup, Blurr and (presumably) Arcee getting updated to realistic contemporary car modes, the sharkticons just won't have the same charm if they turn into vehicles rather than beasts.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This...

...is exactly why it makes sense to me that they would do Gnaw/Sharkticon at some point. Gnaw/Sharkticon has a potential for army-building and encouraging people to buy multiple copies of the same figure, which would generate more money for Hasbro even without a potential repaint/remold. I mean, look at how many people are buying 3 - 4 copies of Scourge to have Sweeps like in the cartoon; gotta figure a number of people would buy at least that many Sharkticons. And I doubt the 'Quintesson enforcer' thing would hold them back either, Gnaw/Sharkticon would simply be folded into the Decepticons just like Wreck-Gar was folded into the Autobots with no mention of his actual Junkion allegiance.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A few years ago and I would have said no way is it ever going to happen.

But then Hasbro started putting out Generations releases that seemed like they would never happen. Things seem more and more possible each year. Well except for Generations Dinobots :D 

Then throw in that there has been some sort of shift in thinking toward army builders in Transformers. Transformers Prime has a troop builders type, the Dreads from the movie might be a troop builder type. Without too many choices for G1 troop builders it's possible Hasbro might go for the Sharkticon troop builder.

15. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Generations Dinobots.... right. :rolleyes2  That would be nice.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Don't count them out - I'm sure when the time is right, Hasbro will find a way to give us a couple more dinos to hang out with Grimlock. I'd love to see someone like Slag updated so he's basically a tank that looks like a triceratops - machine gun horns that fit over the shoulders in robot mode, etc.

(For reuses, I'd suggest Decepticon versions, with alternate heads based on the Brave Exkaiser villains the Geisters, perhaps do characters like Slugfest or G1 Terrorcon updates that way)

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Oh hey, maybe that's what I can repaint my Energon Sharkticons into...

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love it if the did make them, even at scout size. We need more Army builders.

19. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

The sharkticons are a huge want of mine. I always loved there design and there my favorite TF army builder i would totally buy 4. I do not like the botcon sharkticon at all it totally doesn't even look like a sharkticon at all tpo me. outside of just happening to be a shark tf.

I totally want them to look all stout like the g1 proportions it's just part of there design, i think making them look "normal proportions" like the botcon one is terrible.

I know they could go off so much on that sculpt as well.

20. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Sharkticons, execute them!