Where are the real fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I keep hearing some say that theyll only get certain characters and skip on the others and that they dont like how one looks so they wont get it. Cmon, if your a die hard fan, you get everything you can. I for example am going to get not only the toys but also the bike, bed set and maybe the trunks for the future kiddo I have. Die hard fans are supposed to want to have a complete set of what ever it is. I used to pass on some stuff especially with the Beast Wars line and I regret it now.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but I'm no turbonerd and don't plan on wasting money on things I don't want regardless of completion or not.

If I don't like it, I'm not going to buy it. Simple as that.

I also have other obligations in my life that preceeds toys as well.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    dont try to define what a "real fan" is. its a stupid thing to do.

a person who owns one transformer can be just as hardcore and die-hard of a fan as someone who has the entire G1 series MISB and loose and every show character signed by their respective US and Japanese voice actors.

some people choose to take it to a different level than others. it doesnt make them more of a fan or anyone who doesnt share their same views on collecting less of a fan.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Uh uh...the measure of a true fan is not in how much money spend for Hasbro. To call someone or yourself a 'true fan' is both pointless and meaningless.

Edit: listen to Razor and Val, bringing out the 'true fan' card is the easiest way to be universally hated on this and any board.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    So somebody that only saw the original series and never paid attention to any other TF series and goes to see the movie is just as a die hard fan as one that can tell you the shoe size of every autobot and decepticon?

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Is being a die hard fan something to be proud of these days? I take that as a sign that they have no life outside their hobby.

Seriously who are you or anyone else to judge who or what is a fan is or isn't?

7. smkspy

gawd, this thread is going to get ugly with the quickness.

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    We've seen far too many of these "Holier than thou because of _______" threads.

It gets old really fast.

9. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But what does that have to do with spending money on every piece of merchandise without consideration?

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Well, every one is a die hard fan of something and that doesnt mean that their lives stop because of that hobby. *Its very closeminded to think that* And this thread can only get as ugly as people want it to get. If the supervisors think it will, then go ahead and close it as I was just wanting to get input and boasting from those that are fans, not dismissive and condesending comments from those that are haters.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A 'die hard' fan and a 'real fan' (his words, not mine) are two totally different things. Anyone who enjoys TF's can be a real fan. But I agree with you that there are certainly levels of devotion to a hobby.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yes, yes it does.

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I consider myself a fan, but have no interest in the movie and all movie related items, but if other people like them then they should enjoy them.

14. smkspy

Soooo basicly you wanted to brag about how you've bought everything movie related so far?

You know there is a forum for that right?

15. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

You must not be a die-hard fan. Every die-hard fan knows that Transformers don't wear shoes. The one exception being the new Sports Label Nike Convoy and Megatron released by Takara/Tomy this year.

There are different levels of being a fan. To me, a "true fan" is one who truly enjoys a franchise, property, team, etc. Those who feel "that they must buy everything Transformers" are, in my view, obsessive completists.

Being a fan isn't something that I consider to be a competition anyway.

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    And I think it's very close minded to view yourself as a true fan and judge others based on your own biased thoughts.

Threads like this do nothing but provoke arguments as to who's opinion matters more than the next person's. It is pointless and trivial.

17. smkspy

I feel in the context of his initial post that 'die hard' and 'real' are inter-changeable.

18. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

Until I see you in pic owning every single transformer released from day 1 including Diaclone, Microman, exclusives, and lucky draws. I refuse to acknowledge your claim to your definition of "true fan".

A "true fan" is just someone who loves Transformers and gets enjoyment from the entertaining value they provide, however they receive it. Be it just from the cartoons, the comics, the toys or any combination of the media.

19. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

What the fudge am I (a 36 year old)going to do with Transformers underpants? When am I going to use that TF colouring book?

I'm sorry, but I'm also into GI JOE, STAR TREK, STARGATE, DR WHO, Tony Hancock, Sid James, Carry On films, horror movies, Gerry Anderson series, British comedy shows and airsoft gaming (plus other stuff). I have to pick and choose what I buy in relation to those as well!

Eating comes first, and I suspect you don't run a car either!!!

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    No I wanted people to speak about what makes a die hard fan and how people were all geared up for the merchandise release and all of sudden you hear, "well Im just going to get one cause I dont like the rest" and all that gunk. I dont people should HAVE to buy everything, since it definitely gets expensive, but at the same time be proud that that which your are a fan of is being introduced into a new generation, instead of saying, "Duh, I dont like his body style" or "Yellow makes me sick for that car".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.