where are the quintessons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

they could branch out to balloons or lightbulbs too there shape is perfect you must work in marketing and advertising, these ideas could practically print money

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give them SIX faces.

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind to see them used sparingly, but as a kid I really didn't like how they kind of hijacked season 3. They were in more episodes as the villains then the Decepticons, and when they were both in an episode, the Cons were always played by the Quints. Mind you, this is as a kid I hated them....

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Actually they aren't in the majority of the episodes. Before I bought the DVDs, I downloaded only the episodes of season 3, where the Quintessons were in, because that were my favourite episodes. They were not that much. I would have liked to see them more often.

5. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I counted about sixteen or seventeen of the thirty season three episodes. So they were in about 1/2 the episodes after the movie. So I mean it's not like they only appeared in like five episodes, they appeared in a decent amount.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Same here. I watched Transformers for battles between Autobots and Decepticons, not sneaky plans by Egg Men. Quintessons may not have been in all the season three episodes, but they were in enough to make the season less enjoyable for me.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

7. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Which leads to proof that the Quints modified and not created. ;) 

The difference between Lex and the Quints though, is one of them has some brains in their head. ;) 

Lex doesn't bring Superman DOWN to his level. Lex RISES to Superman's level. The Quints are just comicly stupid floating egg things that have never once shown that they can rise above horribly stupid and laughable cartoon badguy.

I'm of the opinion that ALL creation stories of the TFs should be left out.

Really, who cares?

The point of the TF stories is the Great War, and the characters involved in it. Why or how they got there is inconsequential, unless it is somehow a major plot point that affects what is going on right now/in the War.

So Megatron's rebellion against a caste system? Fine, so long as it has some impact on the story. Quints having once enslaved the TFs millions of years ago? Eh....no impact on the show, no reason for being.

Now if Wheelie and Tailgate and some others were fighting a guerilla war against the Quints, freeing slaves across the galaxy, and that was the entire point of the show/story, that's a different story.

Otherwise, if it doesn't impact the story now, it's not worth writing about.

Damn! Keep on adding to them, and we'll go from Quintessons to Duodecahedrontessons!

8. gregles

gregles quintesson

I guess I kinda was and wasnt at the same time, I was having difficulty guessing your sincerity too. your idea of a deeply inapropriate aimed at pre-school/kindergarden Mr potatoe head/quintesson piece of merchandise made me laugh and grin from ear to ear so I couldnt resist thinking of other deeply inapropriate doomed merchandise ideas which would make the world a more entertaining and silly place if they were considerd.

maybe they were over used a little in season 3 and this was magnified by the fact they wrote galvertron too stupid, crazy and incoherant to be a proper threat. if they use the same villain every episode and there plans are defeated by the autobots every episode the said villain is bound to lose a bid of baddassnes and credability for example in seasons 1 and 2 of g1 I remember one autobot saying "I never get sick of the sight of that" refering to megatron and the cons fleeing as it happened nearly every episode

If you look at the best in transformer storylines its not just endless battles. the battle between autobots and cons is more of a backdrop and best bits of the storylines come from treachery and switching sides by characters like blackarachnia, starscream, swindle, grimlock, dynobot, doubledealler, tarantulas etc so I dont think we have anything to lose by adding into the mix extra villains who endessly betray, manipulate and do dodgy deals

As for there silly almost humurous egg designs I really like them. I would gladly take a strange, silly and illogical design over one which is sensible and bland any day of the week

9. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
  10. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude i'm so with you on this one!
    Them crazy quintessons. Someone expand on them a little more too. It was never said but was it nodded at that the number of mask they had were like there rank or prestige or something. I love that, it's so random.

I want the quint back. I miss that wacky third faction.

And to those people who said they didn't have anything to them. That not ture at all. one of them had magic in a sci-fi setting. And they have ALOT of transforming minions if hasbro brough them back they could just market the skarkticons and Allicon and any other 'icon they come up with.

11. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Hm really? I have to check that again...

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would like to see them return in some way. Or atleast in toy form.
    Would be happy with a pvc 3 pack or something.

Thought they were cool. Just having 2 factions fight it out all the time get's old.
    They add a good 3rd dimension to it all.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I was kinda just throwing the idea out there though, more fun suggestion them seriousness. But I could easily get behind collectable trading and customizing QuintEGGson toys. :)  Considering all the other stuff out there these days taking cash from kids while not really trying very hard I think it's fine to want a little piece of the egg pie.
    Your balloon Quintessons would be fun though. :p 

14. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

You're insinuating that adding magic to a sci-fi setting is a GOOD thing.

That is definitely not the case in most sci-fi settings, and doubly not the case in TFs.

15. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I'd like to see them actually have superior powers (space folding, gravity manipulation, matter construction etc) which is basically magic. And most sci-fi is brimming with fantasy techno magic anyway, which is often it's charm.

But I'll concede that we can do without red wizard cloaks.

16. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't think that magic and sci-fi tend to blend very well together. And I also agree that it's especially the case with Transformers.

17. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

The wizard Quintesson was in one episode and the Quints banished him because of it but it's not the only time the series had magic. 'A Decepticon Raider in King Arthurs Court' had a wizard summon lightning, 'Sea Change' had Rumble turn into a tree. What made 'Madman's Paradise' kinda unique was that while they are aware of magic they refuse to make use of it. They rather resort to their superior technology, which for some unknown reason they only use piecemeal.

It seems they just like to study, experiment and develop technology for sake of knowledge rather than actual full scale use. There own biotech is advanced, they can create transformers, they've surrounded a planet with some sort of cloaking device, able to time-travel, able to open dimensional gateways and have weapons are on par with Transformers weaponary.

It would have been interesting to see them in Beast Wars, given the biotech which the Transformers developed. Where Primal was trying to understand and integrate the organic aspect of their new nature, the Quintessons were organics integrating and developing technological aspects.