where are the quintessons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

the quintessons havnt been around in ages bar the odd reference in tfanimated an idw spotlight. It seemed like they were gonna get there day in the sun on dreamwave comics but sadly that was snatched from them. I want them back as they are strange, intellectual and manipulative and make a great break from brutish cons and heroic autobots clashing all the times. I know action is fun and the quintessons themselves tend to shun that but if they want conquest and profit they simply manipulate conflict and arms deal to multiple sides or instigate financial or enviromental decline, talk about sneaky and clever.

If someone wanted to wright them back in and unite the multi transformers origin they could just do a scene were the quints arive to a deserted cybertron were they find damage which would suggest a battle would have taken place between roughly 13 partisipants along side a deactivated vector sigma and matrix bearing alpha trion and the quints start experimenting with what they find there.

there reliance on manipulation and intellect mean they were never gonna appear in any michael bay movie, but the idw and prime series would both be ideal to give these strange aliens a chance to make things interesting

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    But they're boring. Five face dudes with wierd ass tentacles that float aren't really exciting. I doubt they'll appear as a threat or a major player in TF: Prime, but I could see them having an IDW appearance.

3. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    I wonder how the Quints could be changed or updated to make them more interesting? I'd like for them to see more light in the fiction too.
    Perhaps 'face-masters'!

4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

There was Alpha Q on the Transformers: Energon cartoon.

5. gregles

gregles quintesson

I had forgot about alpha Q. Im not sure how you could make them lighter maybe feeding wheelie to the sharkticons? or some of the live action cast im sure skids and mudflap would get a laugh. I think the idw universe would be a good place for them and they should trade with earth as people seem to like there megatron guns there and the autobots try to warn them that there products. maybe the quints end up protecting the earth but not for heroic reasons but to look to look after there buisness interest which leads to them getting hero status to humans but they could end up abusing that position.
    maybe one of the judges is contaminated by radiation from the matrix and develops empathy and remorse and goes mad feeding living beings to sharkticans all day everyday and breaks from them.

6. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One way to do them would be to get rid of their evil overlord routine and instead make them like Lovecraftian horrors, beings who once ruled the galaxy and the Transformers as false gods before a Prime emerged and either threw them out or exterminated them, only to disappear.

Hell, you could structure a whole series on their legacy: Megatron could believe the Transformers to be the Quintessons' heirs, and he seeks lost Quintesson technology to build the empire that he believes the Transformers should have built when they cast down the Quintessons.

Physically, they aren't very imposing on land, but that could because they are adapted for aquatic life. Alien squids with long tentacles and five faces on the crest? Tell me that ain't something that H.P. Lovecraft dreamed up.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There's something Dalek-y about them. Maybe they could be something from the future. Ultimate Fate of the Human Race after too much messing about with Cybertronian technology? One Quintesson survivor from the end of the universe manages to find their way back in time to change history. Could at least give some new reason for meddling in the affairs of TF and Humans.

That said I'm not much a fan of Quintessons myself.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hate them, I hope we never see them again.

9. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Could always be the horrible result of trying to add to the Headmasters technology. If one extra head partner is good then surely more partners in one head would be better. Then someone tries it, maybe an alien race with tentacles, and it goes wrong and the result is a race of heads with several 'partners' fused into one gribbly whole that just won't work well on a big mechanical body. After centuries of trying to correct it the Quintessons as we know them are the eventual workable result/solution.

10. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Exodus they did rule over Cybertron at one point, using the Transformers as a slave force until Sentinel Prime led the uprising that forced them off planet.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From G1 I felt the Quintessons were at their best when trying to manipulate one or both sides from behind the scenes. A re-appearance should play up that aspect.

Get Jonathan Frakes to voice one. ;) 

12. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Yup. The Quints didn't MAKE the TFs, just enslaved them (and potentially modified them/experimented on them).

As to why the Quints aren't around more OP?

The Quints suck. Few to no one at Hasbro likes them, even Takara couldn't care less about them. They're flying alien eggs with faces painted on them. They're a comedy routine in and of themselves. They're pathetic and laughable and having them be some sort of 'viable threat' to the TFs just knocks the TFs down several pegs to the same level that an alien easter egg species occupies.

To give the Quints balls (instead of just having the Quints be balls), you'd need to pull stuff that just can't exist in a kid's cartoon, isn't told well via comics, and would turn a novel into a horror story with scifi elements.

IOW: Quints are jokes, except when they're written extremely horrific, and there is no middle ground to allow them to show up in fiction more often.

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah they did, sorta. TFs developed cockpits and other similar control cabins for their alt-modes as part of Quint rule.

14. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Perhaps if the Quints decide for whatever reason that it's a good idea to teamed up with / manipulate the Decepticon headmasters, kill their Nebulon partners, and reformat themselves into new headmaster versions! Quints as headmasters = win + win.

15. gregles

gregles quintesson

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I want to see them again, too! Quintessons rule. Maybe not anymore over Cybertron, but they rule :) 

17. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I think it's high time the Quintessons were reinvented. Rather than ugly, bumbling, mad scientists with an investment in mechanical production, I'd like them to become a powerful and substantial threat.

Give them an injection of Mass Effect Reapers, Dune Navigators, and some Old Ones or something.
    Keep them as progenitors or visitors in Cybertronian pre-history, and have them display arcane powers.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not all Quintessons were five-faced eggs with tentacles; some of them looked rather reptilian. Anyway, I hope the Quintessons do come back in some fashion they add so much to the Transformers, and if you mix them with Primus, you have a pretty interesting origin tale.

19. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Please leave Primus out.

20. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Maybe they should be separated from the Transformers franchise and strike out on their own.

Currently I'm imagining a Mr Potato Head Quintesson toy. QuinTaterson?

Collectable toys where you crack open an egg and inside is a tentacle base and several faces you can connect to the outside of the egg. There'd be lots of faces (more than just the original five) to collect and you'd swap with pals to customize and make your own personal Quintesson. Imagine a Quintesson with all Death faces.

There you go, Hasbro - next year's new collect, trade and customize toy. Make it.