Where are the 2012 g1/classics announcements?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been following the news for the last 2 years as far as upcoming releases and at some point, around this time of year, there has been an announcement and some pictures of some CHUG releases for the next year but I haven't heard or read anything aside from the Prime series figures. Is CHUG done? Is g1 going to be relegated to reissues and MPs now? Anyone have info? I hope not because I just got into collecting g1 legends class figures a few months ago.

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Not done. Like others have pointed out before the classics style figures sometimes take a year or half a year off when a big movie push comes.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't really recall that ever happening. There were CHUGS in 2008 and 2010 for roughly the full year. Each year following a film. So in essence even if it were a half year there still isn't an announcement for the 2012 series when there usually is one.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Didn't they just show Junkion, plus we know there is a frenzy and rumble that wasn't released here in the states yet. So that makes 3. Add like another 2 or 3 repaints and you got something.

5. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    You know what? I bet they forgot. Good thing you posted something to remind them!

6. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    CHUGR is a filler line. It's aimed at old dudes such as myself. We won't see the next batch of CHUGR in the USA until Prime has had it's time in the limelight (ie shelf). For now we have some repaints on the way and hopefully Rumble/Frenzy, but there has been no confirmation of them yet.

I don't see the CHUGR line ending. It's just gonna take a hiatus for a while. Which doesn't even bother me because Prime looks pretty sweet.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Classics stuff is probably going to be on break for a bit, as there are already three main lines planned for 2012 (Prime, post-DotM Movie line, FoC).

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not interested in Classics, but will happily buy up any more G1 Legends figures they release. Love the little guys!

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "They" being who? "Show" how?

Junkheap and Sky Shadow (just released in Hong Kong) are just another wave of Generations. Usually, in a non-movie year there'd be a fully-fledged new line instead of just another redeco wave of the existing line several months after the previous one.

I agree though that FoC and Prime will probably occupy a lot of shelf space, so Classic-style toys have to take a backseat for the time being.

10. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

If Hasbro releases too many lines at the same time, they end up being their own competition and we have a repeat of rts.

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I'm willing to bet Fall of Cybertron's toyline will replace Classics for a few months. We may not get any new Classics until around next Christmas, unless Hasbro sneaks us a few earth-mode treats in the FOC line.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Demolition Rumble WAS seen in stores. His distribution was horrible, like most of RtS, but he was found in at least one instance, and his wavemate Chopsaw was found once or twice as well, so technically he did see release in the states.

But we do still have a number of head retools hinted at from Generations packaging;

Kup - ??? (Many people think it's Gears)
    Scourge - Leozack
    Lugnut - ???(maybe Obsidian)
    Warpath - Hardhead?

Furthermore, it's been mentioned that the FoC line might be taking the place of Generations for a while, which is nice since that would give Classics style figures a break while still giving us new, old school esque designs. And probably more Dinobots.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I think you are referring to Windcharger as he was the one with Chopsaw as a wavemate. Rumble's would have been Windcharger. Pretty sure Rumble was never found.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Rumble's wavemate was to be that sexy green repaint of Breacher, Bodyblock

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think we'll ever truly see the end of the Classics/CHUG line. There is always some character to update/re-update. With that being said though, I don't think we're ever going to see a full fledged Classics line. It's a filler line; it's always along side another mainstream line.

My memory is fuzzy, but I think the initial launch of Classics figures in what, 2006, was really the only stand alone Classics line? Someone correct me? Agree? I'm not sure.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't expect we will see any kind of announcement until next years toy fair.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Yeah, it was Windcharger. My bad.

I thought Bodyblock's wavemate was the Hubcap repaint named Downshift with the badass flame-on-black deco?

I think the original 2006 Classics line was only meant to be a filler line, not full-fledged, since the '07 movie was pushed back a year from the original 2006 release date.

Thank god the movie was pushed back a year, or else we woudn't have Classics at all.

Somebody, get me some garbage! Time to fire up the 'ol BBTF2 DeLorean time machine once again...

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they really did,am contented for the issuing of FOC because new mold

19. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    Seeing as how we're getting the FoC dinobots in the video game line, I don't mind the hiatus of the classics line.

20. FigNewton

FigNewton Well-Known Member

That's how I feel as well. The prospect of a full line for FOC featuring the dinobots greatly relieves any disappointment I may be feeling about the lack of new Classics announcements as well.

As long as we at least get a Voyager prime this time out, of course. ;)