where are expensive reissiues and masterpieces sold in japan?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Jan 28, 2011.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I've had my reissue predaking sitting on the dining room table for about a week now, and my wife asked me the other day if you could get something like that in a toys r us. I realized I actually had no idea where these things are sold. since you can't usually walk into a U.S. toy store and buy figures that cost over $100, where do you do so in Japan for expensive toys like these--regular toy stores or just specialty shops?

2. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Unless it's a specificed store or online exclusive in Japan, they'll be in any place that carries TF's most likely toysrus.

3. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean the Predaking with the new artwork in the box, and the golden colors? yes, Toys'Rus sold them.
    The main places where you can buy toys here besides it are Yamada Denki, Bic Camera, Joshin Kids Land and Yodobashi Camera. Masterpieces and reissues are sold there as well as the main line toys (Henkei, Animated, United, etc.) I don't know if smaller retailers sell the ones aimed at collectors rather than kids, I think not, but I can't tell you for sure.

Often, the big shops carry on exclusive item campaigns, the last onw were the target master minicons. There were 3 minicons, each of them given by a +3000Y purchause in either ToysR'us, Yamada Denki, or Bic Camera. You have got to be quick to get these, since the offer is usually limited to 20 items per shop.
    Day 2 this month was the beginning of the Toys'Rus campaign for the targetmaster. The official information says day 1, but most of the locals are closed that day, so for most of the country, the offer started day 2. Well, my local T'R opened at 10:00 a.m. and exactly at 10:00 I was there. In the time that took me to go through the entrance, I could already see a dude inside the place with some United items in his hand heading to the cashiers... ('~')

Then, if you want older stuff, 2nd hand items, or imported toys (that is, american releases, mostly) you have to go to specialized shops. I usually visit Denden Town in Osaka. It's a place where you can find manga, videogames, computer parts, electronics and vintage toys. There are small shops along with a few major retailers, as Joshin. The best places for buying Transformers there are Hero Gangu, Astro Zombie, and Jungle. You can find old MIB toys, Botcon sets, comics, and used toys in very good condition.
    In Tokyo it would be Akihabara, but I don't know the place very well, so I don't know the exact retailers.

4. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Akihabara is good if you go into Mandarake, Figure Hobby, and Liberty Hobby. Just walking into any store is a good idea because most likely you'll find Transformers.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    wow. thanks for the info guys! I never would've thought that large retailers would carry such high-end items.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeah, other than ehobby stuff, I got all the normal releases from TRU when I was there.

7. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Man any TF fan would love to walk into a toysrus here and be amazed at all the TF's nicely alligned to one another all on one shelf, it really is a sight to see.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, and they're not that expensive there. I bought the Takara MP Grimlock for $79, I think? This over $200 crap for MP Rodimus is nuts. What's it going for at retail right now?

9. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I miss shopping for TF in Japan. I was there for 4 months back in 03. Best Trip I have ever taken. TF Collection series just sitting on the shelves. TRU when I was there didn't have crap, maybe a Tracks reissue.

10. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Rodimus comes out today, right now it's 3:18am. I'm heading over later to grab my united stuff, I think MP rodimus will run for about 16,000 yen which is about the same price as bbts with the shitty yen rate currently.