Where are all the Voyagers at?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galaxy Convoy, May 22, 2006.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Been experincing something odd lately. Back in Dec-Jan-Feb, Cyb. Voyagers were plentiful, lots of Evacs and Leobreakers to be had(and Mudflap of course). However, lately there has been no Voyagers, other than Mudflap, anywhere at all.

At one Target, there's about 3 or 4 Mudflaps, yet they have the latest Minicons, Basics, Deluxes, and Ultras. And it's the same story at every Target(2 total), WM(3), and TRU(1) I've been to in the last month, with one exception. At one WM there's been one Dark Crumplezone and one CD Scattorshot sitting on the shelf with half a dozen Mudflaps for at least the past 2 weeks. That's the only WM with a somewhat large number of Mudflaps.

But I don't get it. Where are all the Voyagers? Why aren't all these stores restocking them, but restocking everything else? What the heck is going on?

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They were stocked and sold like really well pre-xmas (my store had literally 40 of them on the shelf at one point) and since then I think we've gotten like one case. It was a 2x Soundwave case which sold in two days. I don't get it either, unless it's just backlash from all the shelfwarming Mudflaps.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I've had the exact same problem. The most recent Voyager I've seen is Dark Crumpy, and that's been only at Wal-Mart. Target and TRU haven't gotten past Evac. I guess it's just a matter of nobody buying the Voyagers, which has lead to the stores not needing to order fresh cases. Pretty much the same thing that happened with Energon Megas, although at least Cybertron made it past the first wave before stagnating.

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen the Soundwave/ CD Scattorshot wave a few times, but not in the overwhelming Mudflap numbers. I still find it amusing that at the same time Target was selling Mudflap with 2 minicons for $16.88 (and now even cheaper on clearance). they're selling Mudflap by himself for $19.99. Wonder why he's no moving...

-Tony!
    Will probably pass on Dark Ligerjack

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, my Target got in like two of the most recent cases recently, but we had to sell out of all of our overstock Mudflaps first. The megas sold really well at my store pre & during X-Mas, but after X-Mas we were stuck with a god awful amount of Mudflaps (I think at least eight or so... four on the shelf and a coupld in the backroom that I made sure didn't go out during Christmas because the damned things weren't selling). It took almost four to five months to get rid of those things (oh, and in the meantime we got more shelfwarmers with a case of wave 1 megas... yeah, we're supposed to be on wave 5 or 6 and the DC sends us wave 1. My backroom for a better ordering system!) and now we've finally started getting the new megas fairly regular like, DC, CD Scattorshot don't seem to be moving that fast... were as the last couple of Soundwave's we've got have been gone that day.

6. TGCLightGuard

TGCLightGuard FOR THE ROYALTY!

Ebay:
    We're even worse off. We've got TWO Mudflaps on the shelf and haven't had any new Voyager, Alternator, or Beast Wars Anniversary figures since February. Don't know about you, but I think the entire DC system needs to be taken out back and put down. Or at least build another DC, since they seem to be adding one new store every six months up here. I swear, the DC up here hates my store for some stupid reason. Always fubaring orders and losing product. If I were anything more than a veteran Team Member, I'd do something about it...

7. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I did my part and bought a Mudflap, did the rest of you?

8. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trust me, I know what you mean. The fact that the dayside teamleads can basically fudge the ordering system and EXF improperly doesn't help either. I'm an overnight Backroom TL and it deosn't really help me get anything accomplished about our system either... I mentioned the various problems to my OETL or my STL and they usually just look at you funny or say something like: "We have to make sure that the system is being utilized properly, because Target's system for ordering is flawless. It's the people that are the problem." No joke, that's a direct quote from my OETL... :redface2: 

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, I've had Mudflap since he came out. Him and Landmine are really getting the shortend of the stick from the kids I think. Because those two moulds seem to warm shelves like crazy, but they're really two of the best figures in the line IMHO. I think that kids just don't like construction vehicles or something.

10. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Here's a solution to get rid of shelfwarmers- chargeback. Accidentally run them over with the WAVE or otherwise damage the packaging or something so they get sent out and still processed. Or maybe research them? I'm not sure how that works exactly but it might be worth a shot.

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Dude, love the idea of running stuff over with the wave. Problem being if I got caught I'm sure that's grounds for termination or something along those lines. At the very least I'd get put on a probationairy period.

As for researching items... we get a certain amount of items monthly that we get do a scan-back on to the DC. However, it's decided by the DC which items get scaned-back and it's usually items that we get an overabundance of to begin with such as sales items and new release movies, books and music... stuff that we need alot of initially, but not something we'll need alot of later. Toys very rarely ever come up on this list... rather they usually get marked down as a clearance item and Cybertron is still going strong so that's out of the question.

Unfortunately there's not much of an answer on a way to fix it... unless you do Dark Magnus' idea of buying all the shelfwarmers up at our store and than selling them to the Super Target down the road. :D 

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think its the vehicle, I think its the baby blue :( 

13. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Wow, people actually get disciplined at your store? We had a guy steal an Ipod and AP was too lazy to check the hour and a half of tape to confirm if it was him or not. Rules at my store are just a joke... people pull like 5 no-call no-shows and don't even get yelled at. (Of course I'm late every day so I shouldn't complain. :p ) But like I said, accidentally is the key. :D 

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting theory, but what about Landmine and Longrack than? Both of those are construction vehicles too and are both shelfwarmers also. Course, that could just be around here.

However, if it's not the baby blue... I think it's because the toon gave him a french accent and the kids don't want to feel unpatriotic by buying him. :D 

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Yeah, but I'd feel guilty.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only instances of shelf warming around here appear to be deluxes. Otherwise, everything looks to be moving very well. I have seen all of the current Voyagers on the shelves multiple times, so I guess maybe distribution around here is pretty good for this line.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    They're with all da white womens.

18. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

Where are all the Voyagers?

Well Galaxy Convoy, what can i tell you. Their all in witness protection programs waiting for their repaints.

19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

You Americans should count yourselves lucky; at least your stores support a line long after christmas even with shelfwarming syndrome. Up here in Canada unless it's the start of the line or the holiday season, which usually coincides you won't find a single Voyager/Ultra/Leader Class figure outside of Mark-Ups'-R-Us or Zellers... The Real Canadian Superstore isn't a toy store to begin with so they rarely stock or re-stock certain toylines because they don't really compete with the bigger chain stores. (Although an interesting tidbit, the deluxe size class is a dollar cheaper then at most stores.)
    Wal-Mart just does not like to have all the expensive ten dollars more then the states big guys most likely ever since Armada when the figures began to clog shelves and so they probably told their employees no more ordering of the big guys.

Which is odd because they still stock Alternators (At least now with the new packaging look.) and they have shelfwarming Beast Wars Wave One figures around.

So unless you're willing to pay ten dollars more, making it 70$ before taxes for Optimus Prime and Megatron/Galvatron you won't be getting a leader class figure if you don't have the money on initial launch, which really sucks because I want Prime damnit.

The reason why Mudflap/Longrack/Landmine are probably shelf warming is because of the show factor, Mudflap was barely on the air and since he isn't ten bucks like mister brief cameo appearance Lugnutz he's not on high demand. (And considering the poor scheduling of CN I'm surprised you don't suffer from more shelfwarming because the kids can't see the shows.)
    Landmine doesn't DO anything... Hell him and Crosswise vanished a good half a dozen episodes ago even though Crosswise marketed himself as this big bad monster hunter intent on recapturing all those escaped Decepticons. (Who by the way; seem to have simply vanished; like they all went into hiding after Starscream super sized and took off.)
    Longrack has the briefest of cameos in one scene when Landmine confronts Mudflap after he abandons the Decepticons up on the space bridge.

Due to the very little cool factor; these guys are soooooo cool, because just look what he did last week, I'll bet the kiddies aren't as interested and so the Mudflaps from one case assortment pile up and when new cases come in... Voila more Mudflaps who also clog the shelves until it reaches a point where 90% are Mudflap and 10% are Leobreaker/Evac/Whoever.
    It doesn't matter if the toy is friggen cool; if you don't have anything cool in the show to sell their characters you won't sell them except to the little old grandmas who don't know which guy their grandsons/granddaughters want and so they just randomly select somebody when it's B-Day time.
    It's really the problem with having so many Voyager and up guys in the line; I mean for the Ultra size-calls it ain't too noticeable since Jetfire and Scourge are pretty much gone and CD Red Alert is really the only new ultra until Sky Shadow and Cryotek hits. (As far as I know; I can't remember if Wing Saber was Voyager class or Ultra class.)

When Kenner was in charge of the Beast Wars they knew what they were doing; they kept the bigger guys as special figures like Inferno, Polar Claw and Magnaboss and the smaller scales got tons of everything... Of course back then the bigger size classes weren't decked out with tons of electronics or sheer bulk, but still that model works better IMHO rather then the flood the bigger size classes and hope you don't get stuck with the infamous Ironhide syndrome. (Admittedly though Beast Wars did have it's one problematic Mega size class figure in the form of the infamous Transquito... Who I think if he'd been on the show would have probably sold a lot better, but then again who can say.)

If I had the money I'd buy up a lot of those Mudflaps and donate them to the Salvation Army or something; not only to get them out of the way for the new stuff I really want, but also because hey, it'll give some lucky kid a toy down the road.

Heck if I had the money I'd buy myself a Mudflap; because hell I want one, but damnit all I'm stuck with no Mudflap and no chance of getting Soundwave if I ever saw him. (It'd help a lot more if the prices between the States and Canada weren't so drastic, back during BW they were relatively closer, nowadays I have to pay 30$ for a figure that in some cases I feel isn't worth the inflated price... Of course it only costs that because the stores still need to get their profit and all that crap. Which is why I feel our economy is totally warped right now and is only going to get worse as I grow older and have a family of my own, hopefully.)

20. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still remember the days when Canada got new TF's months before the US. Even today, you got wave 3 of the LoC's way before we did. Aside from that, you guys are getting the shaft as of late.

As far as Voyagers go.. until recently stores were getting fresh cases containing Crumplezone, VP and Mudflap. I blame this on Hasbro as I saw these at Walmart, Target and TRU. Very frustrating considering everyone was looking for Dark Crumplezone, CD Scattorshot and Soundwave. At least Soundwave is finally showing up in force. He'll probably become the next shelfwarmer.