Where are all the Battlefield Statues?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Trailbreaker77, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UPDATE: Where are all the Battlefield Statues?

This Optimus and Megatron statue was shown in 2005. Since then there have been plans to release more Battlefield statues that connect to this one to make a big BATTLEFIELD.
    [​IMG]

Yet, I have not seen anything for a long time. Did First4Figures give up on this statue line? Did they give up on the TF license to do video game statues? I am not a big fan of this particular statue it just looks off to me but, if I was interested in future statues I would buy this one to connect them altogether. I know BBTS has listing for upcoming ones like
    Hot Rod vs. Ravage & Rumble Battlefield Statue
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=F4F10033&mode=retail
    Soundwave vs. Jazz Battlefield Statue
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=F4F10034&mode=retail

Which sound great, I have e-mailed First4Figures with this question and have received no response. What do you think? I know most fans don't care about statues but I tend to get them a lot. I don't really have time for the Classics or Alternator but I do have all the Titaniums and some reissue. I would like to hear other Transformers fans impressions of this line.

Thanks, TB

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't have any concrete facts, but I think F4F is abandoning their TF license.

Here's the full range of products that are supposedly on the way, and we've seen NOTHING except concept pics for a few of them, and no updates in forever. Many of the busts were due September-December of 2006. Release schedules always change, but I don't have a particularly good feeling about this.

The latest thing released was the Stormshadow & Prime head a month or so back as some kind of convention exclusive.

Bludgeon statue
    Cheetor bust
    Cyclonus statue
    Depthcharge bust
    Dinobot bust
    Galvatron statue
    Hot Rod & Cassettes statue
    Jetfire statue
    Megatron bust
    Optimal Optimus bust
    Optimus Primal bust
    Optimus Prime & Snake Eyes statue
    Rattrap bust
    Ravage bust
    Ravage & Baronness statue
    Rhinox bust
    Scorponok bust
    Scourge statue
    Soundwave & Jazz statue
    Swoop statue
    Terrorsaur bust
    Waspinator bust

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i dug the look of those statues too, and ultimately buidling a huge battle scene would be great (if i had the space) but the cost of statues is pretty high, so id probably have to cut out all the mainline toys, which would suck. so this isnt a big loss for me....

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, don't expect much of anything else from F4F. The Storm Shadow vs. Prime will likely be the last TF statue from them (unless they already had another set produced). Both Diamond (via Art Asylum) and Corgi (via Master Replica and Cards, Inc.) will be doing TF statues from here on out.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A darn shame, too... of all the TF products on the horizon, I've been looking forward to those BW busts more than just about anything else. And statues of Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge... man, those would have been great.

The good news is that the stuff we've seen glimpses of from the new licensors looks great, so definitely something to look forward to. I'll bet the final movie busts/statues will look extraordinary, since I'd imagine they'll be working right from the renders.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Although I really enjoy Op Vs. Megs I had no plans to buy the other Battlefields anyway. I'm not that big of a Hot Rod fan, and with the other set, I read that Blaster was to appear with his head ripped off. So I don't want that set either.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That really sucks. I was ready throw full support behind F4F and buy much of what they planned, especially the battlefields.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Update

I received an e-mail from Alex Davis from First 4 Figures. This is what he had to say.

So it looks like they still plan on keeping this line going not sure if fans look at this a good news or bad.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Don't do busts, and not particularly thrilled about the Battlefield sculpts, but hoping that some G1-types that haven't been shown statue love come out, especially Bludgeon and Swoop.

10. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    This gives me a glimmer of hope that the Baroness & Ravage statue will be released. That statue kicks so much ass. And I haven't heard a peep about it. I even emailed BBTS, and they said they haven't heard a definite date for it yet.