Where are all the action figure commercials?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have some 80s commercials tapes and it's full of ads for action figures. He-man,transformers,gobots,thundercats,visionaries,super powers and more!

Even lesser known lines like powertrons, starriors, and robotix had ads.

In the 90s they had beast wars,gijoe extreme, marvel comics (like x-men and spider-man),reboot,conan,digimon,t2, and mega man toy ads.

When i watch tv today most of the ads are for websites for kids, food or girls toys! Where are the action figure ads that was all over the 80s?

The ones i have seen are ben 10,star wars,brave and the bold and green lanturn, and transformers.

That's it? Why are toy makers not making ads for thier action figures as much anymore?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The market has changed. With the advent of on-demand viewing, specialty networks, PVR and multiple channels, advertising that way doesn't have the same impact it used to. To say nothing of the shrinking age range where action figures are a primary product in demand.

I think in a lot of ways it's better advertising and brand management to simply put that money towards the tie-in show, special, or dvd.

3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    You forgot Lego's

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's true. Times have changed because we're used to having figurs of action heros

I think it'a better too that they are putting shows with it's story and characters first before the toys because it brings better quality in the end.