Heavy/Scratch: When you've got a decep-ti-con standin' in your way... who ya gonna call?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by slackerforhire, Apr 11, 2011.

1. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROADBUSTER!

*ahem* Sorry...

I took a Marvel Crossovers Iron Man 2 Iron Man humvee, a Shapeways Calloway Roadbuster head, and a recon Ironhide to make this guy, and this is where I am. I'd be closer to being finished, but I noticed yesterday that Ironhide's front bumper could fit on the front of this to give it a bit more bulk.... however, it can't be flush against it, otherwise the shoulder flaps can't be raised for bot mode. The flaps on the underside of the front doors are currently drying so they aren't pictured. I took the nubs from Ironhide's forearms and added the two small ones to the humvee's roof, and the two larger ones to the currently drying flaps in order to have them on his forearms in bot mode, and on the roof in alt mode. I also added a clip rack to the roof for the rifle to sit over his shoulder in botmode, as well as clip racks to the back doors for weapons in bot alt mode. My work with apoxie is getting better, but I'm still not quite there yet as far as smoothing things out.

Aside from a wicked gash in my finger from an x-acto knife slip, I'm really happy with how this is turning out. I need to paint a few areas, and touch-up a few more, cover with future finish, and this one should be finished.

Bot mode pics coming once the above things are finished...

Thanks for looking!

****UPDATE****

I was too anxious to see what this guy would look like in botmode (I painted in pieces without a real game plan for color layout), so he's still not quite finished. Regardless, I figured I'd share. I felt like there was too much orange in bot mode, so I added some brown to the grill and the triangle part on his chest. I'm not sure if I like it, but it helps to balance things out.

Due to my uncertainty, I haven't put any finish on it, but I plan to use a flat clear coat to dull the orange down. The brown, which is a flat base to begin with, is much darker in person, but with the flash on my camera it seems to dull the brown's effect while intensifying the orange. Oh well...

Also, the head I used can be found here

Attached Files:

2. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    this looks awsome! i love that mech tech :) 

3. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice, cant wait to see the bot mode and the link to the Shapeways store that you got your head from.

4. Theand

Theand Well-Known Member

Perfect.

5. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Thanks guys! I added a link to the shapeways store that has the head. I also picked up the Punch/Counterpuch head and hands from the same store. They're equally awesome. I'll probably upload that custom at some point as well.